South Am Javier Milei. Here we go again.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's only been president 4 months. If you are expecting him to over turn 24 years of communist rule in 4 months I don't know what to tell you chief
Sorry I thought you said things were getting better.

Sorry I thought you said things were getting better.

Chief have you been following this case of dead surfers in Mexico.

What a great guy his personality is so typical of Aussie who come down here. I have met so many Aussies with his free spirit I would almost call it the ANZAC spirit

I love you beneath the arguments Chief life is short and Australia is something great worth preserving

Introducing austerity - cutting government spending, shrinking the public sector and suppressing wages.

And what do you know? Inflation has...now spread to the US dollar in Argentina.
So much for Tim Ferris's "Hack your life! Go to Buenos Aires it's cheap!"

He's only been president 4 months. If you are expecting him to over turn 24 years of communist rule in 4 months I don't know what to tell you chief
Are you using communism in its true sense or the way RWNJs is it these days as a replacement for 'when Govts do things i don't agree with'

I've tried searching the internet and can find no reference to Argentina being Communist

So much for Tim Ferris's "Hack your life! Go to Buenos Aires it's cheap!"

Argentina isn't cheap, it doesn't exist to be cheap for foreign devils who come here to exploit us. I was born here and experienced the full range of inflation.

Beef is cheap because it's subsidised, 1 kilo of top quality what you would call porterhouse steak goes for $11 a kilo compared to $30 + in Australian Coles. Apart from that food is about the same price. Argentina would be the only country in the world where 1kg of premium butcher beef costs less than 1kg of supermarket chicken breast

Milei is a true genius. Want to know a sign of his genius? For 25 years inflation has been the number one cause of hysteria, riots and social unrest in Argentina. The commies are now crying about "deflation and stagflation" Milei has changed the country so much for the better in 4 months

Argentina isn't cheap, it doesn't exist to be cheap for foreign devils who come here to exploit us. I was born here and experienced the full range of inflation.

Beef is cheap because it's subsidised, 1 kilo of top quality what you would call porterhouse steak goes for $11 a kilo compared to $30 + in Australian Coles. Apart from that food is about the same price. Argentina would be the only country in the world where 1kg of premium butcher beef costs less than 1kg of supermarket chicken breast

Milei is a true genius. Want to know a sign of his genius? For 25 years inflation has been the number one cause of hysteria, riots and social unrest in Argentina. The commies are now crying about "deflation and stagflation" Milei has changed the country so much for the better in 4 months
hmmmmm. Meat is cheap because it's subsidised, little too communist for my liking

Inflation Rate in Argentina increased to 287.90 percent in March from 277.10 percent in February of 2024. Inflation Rate in Argentina averaged 190.07 percent from 1944 until 2024, reaching an all time high of 20262.80 percent in March of 1990 and a record low of -7.00 percent in February of 1954

https://tradingeconomics.com/argentina/inflation-cpi

Austerity economics is such a con. If you look at Australia and Britain under self described austerity policies they've notably failed to achieve anything other than massively increasing the national debt with next to nothing to show for it, which is not exactly what it says on the packet. It's unbelievable that people still fall for this crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you using communism in its true sense or the way RWNJs is it these days as a replacement for 'when Govts do things i don't agree with'

I've tried searching the internet and can find no reference to Argentina being Communist
My man Cap just rolling into the 1920's like 'bee's knees my fire extinguisher'

hmmmmm. Meat is cheap because it's subsidised, little too communist for my liking

Inflation Rate in Argentina increased to 287.90 percent in March from 277.10 percent in February of 2024. Inflation Rate in Argentina averaged 190.07 percent from 1944 until 2024, reaching an all time high of 20262.80 percent in March of 1990 and a record low of -7.00 percent in February of 1954

Suspicious Futurama GIF

Don't bandy around words like commie when you clearly have no idea what they actually mean.

People who worship Cuba are communists. The government of Argentina for 20 of the 24 years since 2000 worshipped Cuba, no need for explanations, they freely admit it. Maybe they are communists who are too weak and pathetic to get the job done in implementing it fully, but they are communists.

By that measure are the "Nazis" we always hear about in Australia not real Nazis because they have failed to resurrect Hitler and bring about a Nazi dictatorship in Australia?

Inflation on food and essentials in May is tracking down to 0, this is a true Milei miracle

I am friends with a lot of rich pretend communist scumbags from LA who live here 6 months a year. The type of people who believe communism is the answer so long as it doesn't affect their trust funds or worldwide property portfolios ( inherited ).

Very similar to LBGTQ+ for Hamas: "We support gay people being executed, so long as it isn't us on the roof"

The great criticism they are attacking Milei with now is that he is going to cause "stagnation" or "deflation." They have already admitted defeat that Milei has solved the greatest crisis to plague Argentina, inflation

People who worship Cuba are communists. The government of Argentina for 20 of the 24 years since 2000 worshipped Cuba, no need for explanations, they freely admit it. Maybe they are communists who are too weak and pathetic to get the job done in implementing it fully, but they are communists.

By that measure are the "Nazis" we always hear about in Australia not real Nazis because they have failed to resurrect Hitler and bring about a Nazi dictatorship in Australia?
Communism is an economic ideology that involves abolishing all private property and money. When did Fernandez or Kirchner ever express these goals while they were in power? It's telling that you're viewing communism through the lens of "worship" rather than economics.

Communism is an economic ideology that involves abolishing all private property and money. When did Fernandez or Kirchner ever express these goals while they were in power? It's telling that you're viewing communism through the lens of "worship" rather than economics.

Sorry are you saying that if you "worship" something you wouldn't implement it if feasible? That doesn't make sense

Kirchner worships Cuba and her greatest dream would be to implement communism here she just wasn't able to do it.

I am strong enough to admit Fidel Castro was a truly extraordinary person, top 5 greatest humans born in the 20th century. Read Jon Lee Anderson's biography of Che Guevera to understand how truly extraordinary Fidel Castro was.

Kirchner is not 1 % of Fidel so she failed despite having a million times his privilege. Sorry.

Inflation on food and essentials in May is tracking down to 0, this is a true Milei miracle

I am friends with a lot of rich pretend communist scumbags from LA who live here 6 months a year. The type of people who believe communism is the answer so long as it doesn't affect their trust funds or worldwide property portfolios ( inherited ).

Very similar to LBGTQ+ for Hamas: "We support gay people being executed, so long as it isn't us on the roof"

The great criticism they are attacking Milei with now is that he is going to cause "stagnation" or "deflation." They have already admitted defeat that Milei has solved the greatest crisis to plague Argentina, inflation
You mean like Karina Milei's Miami property portfolio?

Javier's sister, the tarot reader, who he had to change nepotism laws to appoint to Cabinet as his Chief of Staff?

Yeah, he's a neo-liberal unicorn miracle. Or he's the same old nepotistic child of rich people who thinks they've worked hard and that anyone else can do it too.

Doesn't sound like a fascist dictator at all......./s

When repeatedly asked what he would say to pensioners like Julia who are struggling, he said: "You can't make a macroeconomic evaluation based on the situation of an individual."
He argued people were being influenced by information spread by the "rotten" mass media and journalists, whom he described as "serial liars".
When it was put to him that the information that people had access to were prices on shelves, such as the price of milk, which has doubled since he took office, he said: "You don't do economics based on the price of an individual asset."

He's halved the value of the peso and the price of goods has doubled, but he's claiming it's not the poor people who are suffering it's the "political class".

By "political class", he means teachers, garbos, transport workers, power workers etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back