Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure he was at that point. I was referring generally to the experienced players in the team. Someone should have had a word.
You don’t even need to be an experienced player to do that. It’s a basic common thing that all players can do.

We don’t have the leaders or players willing to do the small things to win games.

At the moment Jamarra is a lovely lead and mark and, but that's is about it. We all see his potential and I still think he will be a star yet his workrate is average to poor, second effort very hit and miss and goal kicking poor.
Yet all these can and should improve. Just look at Naughton's second efforts. Stamina is an interesting one, you can definitely improve it through hard work yet some of it you are born with, its in your DNA. Not sure it will ever be a huge part of Jamarra game yet can be worked on. I have always said Jamarra should be the deepest forward for this reason (plus he does lead better than Naughton) and Naughton the CHF or CHB.

When we say he is a lovely lead though, how many is he making to eventually get the ball?

And when we say Naughts is good on the second efforts when the ball is around, what is he doing when it isnt?

I watch on TV mostly these days and its very hard to get a sense of work rate becaues it follows the ball around at close zoom. Im not saying youre wrong but what are you basing it on?

When we say he is a lovely lead though, how many is he making to eventually get the ball?

And when we say Naughts is good on the second efforts when the ball is around, what is he doing when it isnt?

I watch on TV mostly these days and its very hard to get a sense of work rate becaues it follows the ball around at close zoom. Im not saying youre wrong but what are you basing it on?
Watching UH live at the game he has no interest in the ball once it hits the ground, just expects the other players to win it back while he watches. Naughton even got stuck into him in the 3rd quarter as he was standing by himself at CHF watching what was going on up the ground and yelled at him to get back to FF where he was suppose to be.

JUH looked like a player who hadn't really trained in two weeks. I wouldn't put too much stock in his running or willingness on the weekend. I'd be more critical of the match committee for playing a clearly underdone player. Didn't take us long to go away from the whole "the fittest team we've ever put on the park" business...

So when he has space in front of him Jamarra times his leads and double back leads a lot better than Naughton. Yet if he doesn't mark it, essentially the ball leads the area, doesn't work hard enough on the ball or at his opponent.
Naughton is the opposite, for some reason does not wan to lead to the ball carrier inside 50, would prefer the long bomb or long bomb to advantage. Yet if the ball hits the deck, Naughton is chasing and pressuring the ball as much as a small would.
Maybe his head wasn't in the right space but after a pre-season a 2 week break should be a freshen up, not an excuse. Again, I'm not sure he will ever have the stamina of Naughton so the club should work around this by playing him the deepest. Its so obvious on the field when defending transition, he is absolutely knackered, sweating, puffing.

I can’t believe some of what I’m reading tbh. Jamarra is tracking beautifully, other than improving his goal kicking. But the fact he’s accruing that many shots is just a reflection of how good he is already. His marking is elite, he provides an option I50 and up the wings. There isn’t another young key forward I’d prefer. He clearly needed a VFL game after his time off, but 4 disposals is a standard game for Jye Amiss.

Getting better and better. Going to be the best forward in the game in a few years time. Already so dangerous. Would’ve loved to sign him up on a Naughton like deal. But likely backing himself in for an even bigger pay day. Which we’ll likely be in a better position to provide at that time if potential trades go through this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JUH looked like a player who hadn't really trained in two weeks. I wouldn't put too much stock in his running or willingness on the weekend. I'd be more critical of the match committee for playing a clearly underdone player. Didn't take us long to go away from the whole "the fittest team we've ever put on the park" business...
He was so puffed out in the 1sr qtr last week that he was doubled over behind the play on the 50 metre arc. Could hardly jog to the bench. Not a good look.

Getting better and better. Going to be the best forward in the game in a few years time. Already so dangerous. Would’ve loved to sign him up on a Naughton like deal. But likely backing himself in for an even bigger pay day. Which we’ll likely be in a better position to provide at that time if potential trades go through this off season.

Imagine the headlines. BEVO PUNTS UNSIGNED SUPERSTAR UGLE-HAGAN INTO THE TWOS; SYDNEY CONFIDENT IN ACQUIRING HIS SIGNATURE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamarra worries me big time with the people who surrounds himself with

Has been handing out with and bringing bikies and gangsters into the change rooms of late it's concerning and turning heads at the club

Needs someone to have a quiet word to him, or several someones. Parents and club in unison.

If he's easily impressionable, those sort of relationships need to be discouraged before they become too entrenched.

Has been handing out with and bringing bikies and gangsters into the change rooms of late it's concerning and turning heads at the club
He's still hanging out with Brendan Fevola?

That is a very disrespectful way to describe the Sunshine and Footscray entourage.

Tell us more Smiley! What kind of bikies? Reb’s, HA, Toby Mitchell….?

another avg game from him, and that running shot was embarrassing

shots from 40m out and his accuracy is all over the place

naughton and darcy are ahead of him. naughton's set shot accuracy has improved this year

Would like Jamarra to be given more opportunity in different positions around the ground. Maybe he’s put on a wing for 5 minutes each quarter, even behind the ball to get him into the game.

Big believer in the Naughton, Darcy, JUH trio but it needs to be managed slightly better so that we have only 2 (most of the time) in the same forward 50. Might limit the number of times they end up crashing into each other.

Would like Jamarra to be given more opportunity in different positions around the ground. Maybe he’s put on a wing for 5 minutes each quarter, even behind the ball to get him into the game.

Big believer in the Naughton, Darcy, JUH trio but it needs to be managed slightly better so that we have only 2 (most of the time) in the same forward 50. Might limit the number of times they end up crashing into each other.

Definitely think he has midfield / wing scope, even as you say for bursts at this stage, whilst he is building his tank. Free him up abit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back