Traded Jake Stringer (#973)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the kennel Jake

23lmxpi.gif

At first glance, you'd think that he'd just played as well as he did because he was so much bigger then every other midfielder.

And then you watch him in the VFL and that idea goes away. He's going to be a real competitor for us

Finally the dogs have some swagger. I have no doubt that jake feels he's the best player in the draft......and I love it.

He will expect to win, expect to beat up on his opponent and expect to dominate in the afl.

One quick word of caution though. He will take time. He will be 2 or 3 years away from building the tank and increasing his speed back to where it needs to be to play top level footy.

Lets not stress if we see him struggling in pre-season, looking a little slow in the nab cup or the vfl. He needs time to find his feet, but look out when he does.

Thank god we have somebody now that looks like he wants to smash the opposition and more importantly command the football at full forward. Some people have been complaining that he is a few centimetres short for key forward.
I think he will grow a few centimetres as well have the body type where he can continue to outmark tall defenders.
Bring on 2013.
All three first rounders to play NAB and then we will see if any of them are ready to debut come round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Grant delisted at the end of the year
Weights 11more KG then Grant is only 18

While there is every chance Grant gets delisted, I wouldn't think it would be because Stringer weighs more than him.

Finally the dogs have some swagger. I have no doubt that jake feels he's the best player in the draft......and I love it.

He will expect to win, expect to beat up on his opponent and expect to dominate in the afl.

One quick word of caution though. He will take time. He will be 2 or 3 years away from building the tank and increasing his speed back to where it needs to be to play top level footy.

Lets not stress if we see him struggling in pre-season, looking a little slow in the nab cup or the vfl. He needs time to find his feet, but look out when he does.

Very astute summation Fronk.

While there is every chance Grant gets delisted, I wouldn't think it would be because Stringer weighs more than him.
it would see Stringer picked over Grant since we love contested hard footy, and we need big bodies to smash against the other team.

Realistically, how many games do you guys see Stringer playing next year?

I would guess around 5-6, to be honest.

Lol not sure if serious?

Realistically, how many games do you guys see Stringer playing next year?

I would guess around 5-6, to be honest.
4-5 VFL Games then about 5-8 AFL games depending on how he goes in his new training to rebuild his fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back