Resource I've put footypedia back up

Remove this Banner Ad

Website Back Up :
The footypedia website, which I had online from about 2001 to about 2005, then sporadically on free hosting sites a couple of times afterwards, is back up. For those who don't know of it, it's just a series of chronologies of clubs & leagues focussing only on data - when they existed, who they played against, who won the finals. It's not a descriptive or opinion document. Every league and club has its own page ... well, unless if your club only started 2005 or later. Of course a lot of tiny little unknown teams/comps are still to be discovered but I hope to add them as I find them.

When the site lapsed, I had info pending integration up to my eyeballs - I simply wasn't emptying my inbox quick enough. I'm trying to work through that now. So if new info is sent in, expect lengthy delays because it's probably gonna be added to the end of a very, very long pile. I try to keep FIFO aboout it but sometimes I get excited.

I have no web design experience, I am still reliant on html and js I learnt from htmlgoodies 15ish years ago. I don't even know CSS. So it's an ugly site by today's page design justice warrior terms. It's basically all about the data. About the data.

Anyways, enjoy.

- Website - http://www.footypedia.com/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FootypediaWebsite/
- An eMail for contact can be found on the site's Contact page.

The Old Footypedia Messageboards :
Will slowly be integrated into the Bigfooty's "Footy History" board (that's here). (This is a work in progress.)
Note that those boards are not managed or moderated. While they take data, it seems more appropriate that new stuff comes into Bigfooty instead.

Records & Bests - Index :
Players :
Goals :
[Most Goals By A Player In A Game]
[Most Goals By A Player In A Season]
[Most Goals In A Career]
[Most Centurions In One Season]
[Most Centurions In One Season From One Team]
[Most Goals In An Interstate Or Interleague Game]
[Most Goals In A Losing Team]
Other :
[Worst Kicking For Goal In A Match - Player]
[Most Disposals In A Match]
[Most Competition And Club Best & Fairests]
[Tallest Player]

Teams :
Seasonal :
[Most Premierships]
[Most Consecutive Premierships]
[Most Consecutive Grand Finals]
[Most Flags By A Club In All Grades]
[Most GFs Lost Between Flags]
Matches :
[Highest Scores]
[Highest Scores In Finals Other Than Grand Finals]
[Highest Scores In A Drawn Match]
[Highest Losing Score]
[Most Consecutive Wins]
[Most Consecutive Losses]
[Greatest Fightbacks]

Not Transferring, at least not yet :
[Oldest Football Clubs] - Handled by a thousand other resources
[Most Goals By A Player From Free Kicks In One Match] - Lol!
[Most Wooden Spoons] - started as "what's the worst team ever", I tried to redirect it to "Most Wooden Spoons", got very little data out of it.
[Lowest Winning Scores] - this is an odd one. Surely there are hundreds of 1 defeated 0 scores from the 1800s ... although I guess we could call them "6 defeated 0".

Remainder Of Messageboard :
[Remainder of content from Records & Bests, etc] - to be integrated into the Bigfooty History Board
[Rest of the Messageboard Site] - for later attention

Last edited:
The footypedia website, which I had online from about 2001 to about 2005, then sporadically on free hosting sites a couple of times afterwards, is back up. For those who don't know of it, it's just a series of chronologies of clubs & leagues focussing only on data - when they existed, who they played against, who won the finals. It's not a descriptive or opinion document. Every league and club has its own page ... well, unless if your club only started 2005 or later. Of course a lot of tiny little unknown teams/comps are still to be discovered but I hope to add them as I find them.

When the site lapsed, I had info pending integration up to my eyeballs - I simply wasn't emptying my inbox quick enough. I'm trying to work through that now. So if new info is sent in, expect lengthy delays because it's probably gonna be added to the end of a very, very long pile. I try to keep FIFO aboout it but sometimes I get excited.

I have no web design experience, I am still reliant on html and js I learnt from htmlgoodies 15ish years ago. I don't even know CSS. So it's an ugly site by today's page design justice warrior terms. It's basically all about the data. About the data.

Anyways, enjoy.

- Website - http://www.footypedia.com/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FootypediaWebsite/
- I have no eMail set up yet, I can be contacted via Bigfooty (this thread is fine) or via the Facebook page.
Welcome back. Have you thought about contacting Andrew who runs AustralianFootball.com to see if he would be interested in hosting some of the info, or are you adamant that it should be on your own site? He ended up with most of John Devaney's info from fullpointsfooty.

Welcome back. Have you thought about contacting Andrew who runs AustralianFootball.com to see if he would be interested in hosting some of the info, or are you adamant that it should be on your own site? He ended up with most of John Devaney's info from fullpointsfooty.
Anyone is free to re-use the information. I'm just re-using info from newspapers, books and other people's heads. It would be a bit rich of me to put my foot down on anyone wanting to reproduce what I have. Maybe some random credit somewhere if it's high volume but whatever.

Finally.

I was waiting for it to come back.

It's the very website I saw the scores 100 goals 34 behinds 634 - 3 goals 0 behinds? 18, 110 goals 27 behinds 687 - 2 goals straight 12, 63 goals 30 behind 408 - 1 goal 1 behind 7 and 192-180.

I'm hoping for a flood of triple digit differentials eventually.

I miss that site so much. It was the best historical resource for non-Carlton stuff. AustralianFootball.com, while a great site, doesn't have the detail fullpointsfooty had. I wish every club had a team site like Blueseum though. You've got to be grateful for guys who provide this resource. If they don't already, the AFL should provide grants to those who build these great sites.

I miss that site so much. It was the best historical resource for non-Carlton stuff. AustralianFootball.com, while a great site, doesn't have the detail fullpointsfooty had. I wish every club had a team site like Blueseum though. You've got to be grateful for guys who provide this resource. If they don't already, the AFL should provide grants to those who build these great sites.

The sheer depth of Blueseum is phenomenal . I was looking a local player that played reserves with Carlton in the late 1980s and their was a great profile about him, information that you can't get anywhere else.

Collingwood launched http://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/ a year or so ago and it's not bad, but it lacks the depth of Blueseum and I suspect views the club with rose-coloured glasses. The great shame about Aussie rules is that it hasn't been subjected to a vast analysis via books, internet etc.

Ok so one of the things that apparently kept getting healthy grind while I've been out of the loop was the content on the forums I had originally associated with the site.

These (free, originally proboard, now apparently yuku) forums continued to be accessed and utilised even though the main site was gone. Todman , worbod . Timelord and many others pushed on developing primarily the Records & Bests section of the boards.

I looked into disqus but I'm getting old and have trouble understanding tekalogikal things anymore. I'm not going to host forums on the site again unless if someone leads me by both hands and at least one foot.

The healthy, ergonomic, alternative is to build replicas here at the Bigfooty's history section and continue to source content from contributors here. I've spoken to The_Wookie and did try to involve Chief ... but seriously, when you have a messageboard, the question "do you think I could post things on it" is a bit of a no-brainer. So I think we should go ahead.

The original Forums are here: http://footypedia.yuku.com/
I intend to replicate them here on the Footy History board.

As is my usual m.o. I will start small, create a blank canvas, and add as I go. Being mildly evolved from an ape (though a different branchline to wookies) I will also utilise my perverted addiction to cross-linking to hopefully make something handy and browsable. There will surely be existing lists of records and bests here on the History Board, I'll just create threads relevant to the original 'pedia board threads and as things come to light, mergers and re-assignments will occur.

For an index, I'll start in the OP of this thread. That will undoubtedly change over time.

All feedback is welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back