Analysis i've got a high tolerance for essendon being s**t, but this game was appalling

Remove this Banner Ad

having read the north melbourne autopsy (deathbed?) thread while my students complete a test, what's most apparent is that no matter how many problems we have as a club, it could be so much worse.

1) something that was apparent while having a peruse was that their efforts are overall significantly worse than ours
2) they're less fit, somehow
3) they have worse KPP (except probably nick larky)
4) their trademaster general is worse than dodoro.
5) so, so, so many worthless players on their field.

as frustrated as i am (was? i guess since we're winning again i can't complain), it could, almost always, be worse.

generally speaking, while i still think there's lots of things that we do need to fix, i think defensively we've been far better (within reason) over the past fortnight than we were against port adelaide. there's still some cracks but the improvement is there.

i now see brad scott's vision and i'm a fan of it

having read the north melbourne autopsy (deathbed?) thread while my students complete a test, what's most apparent is that no matter how many problems we have as a club, it could be so much worse.

1) something that was apparent while having a peruse was that their efforts are overall significantly worse than ours
2) they're less fit, somehow
3) they have worse KPP (except probably nick larky)
4) their trademaster general is worse than dodoro.
5) so, so, so many worthless players on their field.

as frustrated as i am (was? i guess since we're winning again i can't complain), it could, almost always, be worse.

generally speaking, while i still think there's lots of things that we do need to fix, i think defensively we've been far better (within reason) over the past fortnight than we were against port adelaide. there's still some cracks but the improvement is there.

i now see brad scott's vision and i'm a fan of it
Take a look at North's list and sort it by age. Of all their players over 21, who would you take? Probably only Larkey and LDU would have a plethora of interest.
They are devoid of senior talent and are in desperate need of someone to come in and do for their kids what Hodge did for Brisbane ... but players and arrangements like that are hard to come by.
North are years off being competitive and a fair bit will have to go right moving forward.
It is a massive bummer for their club that JHF walked out and that they missed out on Reid, but honestly it's the most North thing ever.

Take a look at North's list and sort it by age. Of all their players over 21, who would you take? Probably only Larkey and LDU would have a plethora of interest.
They are devoid of senior talent and are in desperate need of someone to come in and do for their kids what Hodge did for Brisbane ... but players and arrangements like that are hard to come by.
North are years off being competitive and a fair bit will have to go right moving forward.
It is a massive bummer for their club that JHF walked out and that they missed out on Reid, but honestly it's the most North thing ever.
in comparison to some of our campaigners, they'd be doing much better with a jayden laverde out there than the rabble they currently have.

i will say that, harry sheezel and george wardlaw would both be good acquisitions for any club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back