Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

When President Kennedy was assassinated, Jackie's famous pink dress, the Chanel dress, was covered in blood, and she refused to take it off that day, because she wanted America to see what they had done to her husband in Dallas.

Now when Gold Coast were down by 41 points, against a team with basically no bench, I vomited all over myself and I didnt take it off, and I was walking around the gabba last night, and i've walked around all day today, because I want everyone to see what Gold Coast's done to me!

When President Kennedy was assassinated, Jackie's famous pink dress, the Chanel dress, was covered in blood, and she refused to take it off that day, because she wanted America to see what they had done to her husband in Dallas.

Now when Gold Coast were down by 41 points, against a team with basically no bench, I vomited all over myself and I didnt take it off, and I was walking around the gabba last night, and i've walked around all day today, because I want everyone to see what Gold Coast's done to me!
Great reference

Can’t believe you used the analogy of JFK’s assassination in reference to our loss in the Q clash

Where is your sense of perspective???? Presidents come and go, Q clashes are forever

Not sure which thread to post this in, but I'm absolutely livid with the recent story that Wil Powell has been suspended for using a homophobic slur during QClash 26. I don't care that Wil Powell's suspension was longer than Finlayson's and in fact I'm happy about it. My internal monologue was screaming "F**K YOU WIL" like Rodney Eade in the famous Minson clip when I saw this. Powell needs to go away for a while and think about what he's done. He apologized, but so did Finlayson until a week later when he basically backtracked on the apology to complain about getting suspended. Do I a have to assume every apology for homophobia was insincere now? I don't care if anyone else on this forum is angry at me for despising Wil Powell for what he's done, it's going to take a long time for me to forgive him.

Not sure which thread to post this in, but I'm absolutely livid with the recent story that Wil Powell has been suspended for using a homophobic slur during QClash 26. I don't care that Wil Powell's suspension was longer than Finlayson's and in fact I'm happy about it. My internal monologue was screaming "F**K YOU WIL" like Rodney Eade in the famous Minson clip when I saw this. Powell needs to go away for a while and think about what he's done. He apologized, but so did Finlayson until a week later when he basically backtracked on the apology to complain about getting suspended. Do I a have to assume every apology for homophobia was insincere now? I don't care if anyone else on this forum is angry at me for despising Wil Powell for what he's done, it's going to take a long time for me to forgive him.
Must be tough being perfect

One could say I'm an expert at not saying slurs, since it's such a tough job. FFS it's a slur, that's really easy to avoid.
In the heat of battle and you're extremely frustrated with the way you have played and little cheat zorko takes a dive and receives a 50m penalty, is probably a fairly easy time to say something that you wouldn't normally say. Will is a bloody good man and I'd stick by him through a small mistake like this.

One could say I'm an expert at not saying slurs, since it's such a tough job. FFS it's a slur, that's really easy to avoid.
It could be argued that stating in a public forum “heck you Wil” is a slur but but I take your point that somethings are easy to avoid, like being offended about something that happened to someone else as an example.

Why do you feel the need to involve Finlayson in it? Nobody disagrees that Wil did stupid thing and deserves suspension.
But it does not mean he deserves to be banished forever. He deserves a second chance to show he learned. Wil apology sounded sincere to my ear.

Personally, I could not care less if you forgive him or not. Your language and approach does not impress me. Despise as much as you want.

With Will and Lachie Weller both surprisingly unavailable (yet again), I’m glad the list team was able to bolster the half back line a couple of years ago when it was a position of need by recruiting Ben Long. :$

Still chuckle at that one.

Quite the overreaction here, I agree with the suspension but not being sure if you can forgive him? Come on, are you serious? Personally, I asked my best friend about this whole situation (He’s a member of the LGBT Community) and even he said “Let him off with a warning” lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Quite the overreaction here, I agree with the suspension but not being sure if you can forgive him? Come on, are you serious? Personally, I asked my best friend about this whole situation (He’s a member of the LGBT Community) and even he said “Let him off with a warning” lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The problem is this wasn't an incident in a vacuum, and with the Jeremy Finlayson situation where he apologized and then backtracked later, it's made me pretty cynical of apologies even if they seem sincere. I'll have to sleep on it to see how I feel on the situation. I'm still pretty angry right now. All I'll say is if you say something "in the heat of battle" there's a decent enough chance those words are used in everyday life. I haven't met Wil, I've only listened to the one interview with him (Rory Atkins' podcast) so I don't know what could possibly be in his heart or his head. I just feel personally quite wounded by this whole situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is this wasn't an incident in a vacuum, and with the Jeremy Finlayson situation where he apologized and then backtracked later, it's made me pretty cynical of apologies even if they seem sincere. I'll have to sleep on it to see how I feel on the situation. I'm still pretty angry right now. All I'll say is if you say something "in the heat of battle" there's a decent enough chance those words are used in everyday life. I haven't met Wil, I've only listened to the one interview with him (Rory Atkins' podcast) so I don't know what could possibly be in his heart or his head. I just feel personally quite wounded by this whole situation.
YOU are wounded, YOU! How so? as far as I am aware this didn’t happen to you, if it did well then you have a right to be wounded (and stop playing for the Lions) But if you are “wounded and unable to forgive” something that didn’t happen to you it’s a little hypocritical to preach about inclusion and respect for all people as it would appear that is true UNLESS that person doesn’t see the world exactly as the you do, if they don’t then burn them and their reputation to the ground. It could be argued you are doing the exact thing you are fighting against.

YOU are wounded, YOU! How so? as far as I am aware this didn’t happen to you, if it did well then you have a right to be wounded (and stop playing for the Lions) But if you are “wounded and unable to forgive” something that didn’t happen to you it’s a little hypocritical to preach about inclusion and respect for all people as it would appear that is true UNLESS that person doesn’t see the world exactly as the you do, if they don’t then burn them and their reputation to the ground. It could be argued you are doing the exact thing you are fighting against.
The thing I find hard to swallow - without knowing the word used or who it was directed to is this. If the player who received the homophobic word was in fact gay - it might be cause to take offense but if the player on the receiving end was straight - then it's just used in a derogotory sense and not homophobic at all. I also find it hard to believe that Wil would cough up to what he said unless the player offended or somebody who heard it - had threatened to expose him. He's a really nice guy - and doesn't deserve to be pilloried like this for a word supposedly uttered by thousands every day. ...and if the AFL believes that applying a heavier sanction every time will cause this slur to disapear from the vernacular, they're fooling themseves.

F**ks sake, do I have to out myself to a bunch of internet strangers? F**k it, I'm not exactly straight. I'm shocked that you think an anti-gay slur only affects the single person it was directed against. This is the most basic of basic intersectionality. I'm trying not to get angry at this point, but the idea in this thread that it's only an anti-gay insult if the person happens to be gay is profoundly illogical for multiple reasons. Powell is going to do a bunch of courses as part of his sanction, and this is going to be covered in the first five minutes.

F**ks sake, do I have to out myself to a bunch of internet strangers? F**k it, I'm not exactly straight. I'm shocked that you think an anti-gay slur only affects the single person it was directed against. This is the most basic of basic intersectionality. I'm trying not to get angry at this point, but the idea in this thread that it's only an anti-gay insult if the person happens to be gay is profoundly illogical for multiple reasons. Powell is going to do a bunch of courses as part of his sanction, and this is going to be covered in the first five minutes.
Gay or straight I’ll give you the tip, nobody cares, society hasn’t for decades. Thats not what this is about, the question is why are you offended and unable to forgive someone that has done nothing to you. You are taking something thats happened to another person ( likely not even from the community) and making it about yourself.

The group victimhood mentality where people within the group are holier than thou and those outside it need “re-education” is not a step forward in society, it creates division and an oppressor v oppressed mindset.

Last edited:
Gay or straight I’ll give you the tip, nobody cares, society hasn’t for decades. Thats not what this is about, the question is why are you offended and unable to forgive someone that has done nothing to you. You are taking something thats happened to another person ( likely not even from the community) and making it about yourself.

The group victimhood mentality where people within the group are holier than thou and those outside it need “re-education” is not a step forward in society, it creates division and an oppressor v oppressed mindset.
Not your place to tell someone how they should feel. Phlanispo has just explained their feelings and you're saying they aren't valid because of what you think. Surely you can just accept it's upset them and move on?

Not your place to tell someone how they should feel. Phlanispo has just explained their feelings and you're saying they aren't valid because of what you think. Surely you can just accept it's upset them and move on?
And I respect your opinion, guess what I’m not offended.

Said my piece

Gay or straight I’ll give you the tip, nobody cares, society hasn’t for decades.
I’m gonna have to disagree. I think people do care. And have for decades.

This is evident in the way that it hasn't been normalised and accepted at all in sport.

As much as I wish people were as inclusive or tolerant of others as many of us on here seem to be, the stats aren’t good to look at.

There are currently no openly gay men’s AFL players. And never have been while they played. Do you know how statistically unlikely that is?

NRL is fractionally better with one male player who was openly gay while playing the sport in the past. One.

There are none in the EPL. Just one in the NFL. A handful have played in the NBA.

Again, these stats are basically impossible and would not be seen in almost any other profession.

All this suggests that players are not comfortable coming out while playing sport (and possibly after) for fear of public or internal backlash.

So, it’s safe to say that homophobia is rife in almost every male sporting code.

Recent evidence in Australia? A bunch of Manly players refused to wear a kit with a rainbow on it two years ago because of what it represented. Similar things happened in the NBL with Cairns Taipans last year.

Now people are entitled to their own beliefs. Anti-discrimination acts are hard to jostle when different groups have different ideological perspectives and values. It’s hard to say that one is more valued.

That’s where people start to feel divided. Or excluded. I get that.

The AFL is doing what they can. Is it the best the can do or the best way to do it? I dunno. But tackling racism, sexism (and domestic violence) and homophobia are at the top of the agenda right now.

For context, I work with a lot of kids on a daily basis who are not accepted and feel like nobody cares. So I feel that I understand how damaging this off-hand and constant casual discrimination (on gender, race, sexuality etc.) is.

It trickles down.

So we, as a society, should stop saying “we don’t care”. This is dismissive.

Instead we need to start saying that we care enough to be better, and care enough to expect others to be better.

I’m sure Powell will come back better.

(Hopefully this is my one and only comment in the BDSM dungeon)

Well, one positive is I get to add to the Ignore List out of this.

Have not regretted one Ignore Poster I have used, the place just feels better, works better.

There are currently no openly gay men’s AFL players. And never have been while they played.

You’d be crazy to. Imagine the media frenzy in this country they’re like vultures picking at a carcass for a story

Look at what happened to the cricketer James Faulkner a few years ago when they misinterpreted his tweet it was major headline on every news bulletin

You’d be crazy to. Imagine the media frenzy in this country they’re like vultures picking at a carcass for a story

Look at what happened to the cricketer James Faulkner a few years ago when they misinterpreted his tweet it was major headline on every news bulletin
Yet, it seems no issue in women sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back