Opinion It is Time to Play the AFLs Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I am a nerd and I love video games. In almost all video games you can spit everything up into two categories: Micro and Macro.

-Micro: This is the core gameplay loop. The shooting or the questing would fall under here. For AFL clubs, this would be the actual game of AFL each week.

Macro: This is the stuff done outside the gameplay loop. Making sure your load outs are fine, earning currency or putting trade skills to use. In AFL land this would be the off field game of recruiting, Football department, Medical etc.

Now as we are going back to a rebuilding club, now is the time that we should start spending money. Try and get the best of the best across all departments. In other words, we need to start playing the Macro like filthy ****ing RATS.

We should be going well above the Football Department soft cap as we rebuild. If we have better and a higher number of coaches around the young list, the better they should be able to develop. We need to get the best Strength and Conditioning people out there from any sport. We also need mentors for Yze and other people around the club.

Sure the AFL tax is huge but why shouldn't we rack up a huge bill? Other clubs have been bailed out because they put themselves in shithouse financial positions through 1000 cuts. If we do it in a surgical and methodical way, we could pull a huge bill and have the AFL bail us out then 2 years or so down the track we start to see the fruits of the labour on the field. We have about 8 mil in funding differential between us and North, that is 8 mil that the AFL can send our way as we "accidentally mismanaged our finances".

If we are the First AFL club to get Ruthless on this side, we end up with a great first mover advantage and it would be a while before it becomes obvious and we could very easily escape any retribution.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I agree with the sentiment, but the CFL would just change the rules on us, like the tax would also involve draft penalties. The real game changer is to get insiders in AFL house so we are the ones making the rules, training the umps and deciding which teams to listen to when their coach whinges about umpires. We are bottom of the free kick ladder and the funding ladder because we are bottom of the pile in terms of political influence at CFL house.

I am a nerd and I love video games. In almost all video games you can spit everything up into two categories: Micro and Macro.

-Micro: This is the core gameplay loop. The shooting or the questing would fall under here. For AFL clubs, this would be the actual game of AFL each week.

Macro: This is the stuff done outside the gameplay loop. Making sure your load outs are fine, earning currency or putting trade skills to use. In AFL land this would be the off field game of recruiting, Football department, Medical etc.

Now as we are going back to a rebuilding club, now is the time that we should start spending money. Try and get the best of the best across all departments. In other words, we need to start playing the Macro like filthy ******* RATS.

We should be going well above the Football Department soft cap as we rebuild. If we have better and a higher number of coaches around the young list, the better they should be able to develop. We need to get the best Strength and Conditioning people out there from any sport. We also need mentors for Yze and other people around the club.

Sure the AFL tax is huge but why shouldn't we rack up a huge bill? Other clubs have been bailed out because they put themselves in shithouse financial positions through 1000 cuts. If we do it in a surgical and methodical way, we could pull a huge bill and have the AFL bail us out then 2 years or so down the track we start to see the fruits of the labour on the field. We have about 8 mil in funding differential between us and North, that is 8 mil that the AFL can send our way as we "accidentally mismanaged our finances".

If we are the First AFL club to get Ruthless on this side, we end up with a great first mover advantage and it would be a while before it becomes obvious and we could very easily escape any retribution.
too much Age of Empires 2 :cool:

5 of 6 melbourne games in the newly released end of year fixture are on f****** sundays!! pretty much all we have had this year FFS CFL campaigners.
We've scored 17 goals in three games and haven't past 50 once.
We deserved midweek games at 6am.

5 of 6 melbourne games in the newly released end of year fixture are on f****** sundays!! pretty much all we have had this year FFS CFL campaigners.
next year we'll get 23 sunday games too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now as we are going back to a rebuilding club, now is the time that we should start spending money. Try and get the best of the best across all departments. In other words, we need to start playing the Macro like filthy ******* RATS.

Club will have no spare cash soon as the PRO development is going to suck it all up.

What did you expect? Wall to wall prime time?

We've scored 17 goals in three games and haven't past 50 once.
We deserved midweek games at 6am.

during the day on saturday exist too! we can still warm up for the prime time games while we are garbage.
at least cough up the pies and blues games with a half decent slot, regardless of the extra lube.

Just let me have my post-tiger hangover at home not work ffs 😂

They are gutting us one slice at a time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back