Review It hurts man.... It hurts more than you know... (Vent here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I've taken a simplistic view to this.

If we did the fundamentals we would have won. Kicking for goal cost us this grand final. A couple of goals to the hawks via free kicks and our horrible kicking for goal cost us our first ever premiership.

Don't care about your stats or views. It's that ****ing simple..

It hurts so bad but **** it all we'll be back better than ever next year!!

GO FREO!!!!!

Totally agree. Some players made some terribly selfish decisions and I think if you can get the basics right and bring the selfless attitude things could be different. But oh well. Move on, Gear up and go again next year.

Had our chances but the occasion got to us early and in the end cost us. Well done to the hawks. We gird our loins for next year.

But on the positive side, they were a match for the hawks even though they were completely spooked in front of and going towards goals, and we have got a lot of room to improve. It IS hard to win the grand final...but what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger.

Maybe the occasion got the better of a lot of the team and they never really settled.

Now to vent: Personally our poor kicking at goal has left me like this.
Thunder_Explode.gif

I reckon we should be in contention next year, this is one thought that alleviates the pain.
More class is needed: Morabito is the key for me. He has to get back.

Neale should've started. 7 disposals in a quarter, looked composed, took risks etc.

De Boer
&Suban are liabilities too often, they go missing.

I've taken a simplistic view to this.

If we did the fundamentals we would have won. Kicking for goal cost us this grand final. A couple of goals to the hawks via free kicks and our horrible kicking for goal cost us our first ever premiership.

Don't care about your stats or views. It's that ******* simple..

It hurts so bad but **** it all we'll be back better than ever next year!!

GO FREO!!!!!

Yeah that pretty much covers it. What I saw was a team capable of winning a GF though ... but you've got to hold your nerve and they were a mess in the first half, just a terrible mess.

I knew we would be, so that didn't worry me, but we took too long to settle and by then there was too much to do against a really organised and skilled team.

We gave great effort, but that wasn't enough this time, and in this sort of big game. You need great effort directed in the right way ... and I'd suggest between the big sticks would be a good direction to to start with.

Bad luck Freo fans. Was desperately hoping you would get up :(

I thought a lot of your players looked extremely nervous, including Ballantyne who I dare say will not be getting much sleep tonight.

I wish mcpharlin would know his kicking limitations

Add in Mora and we'll be right.
Need an extra tall target.

Also how the heck did we go from dominating the hitouts to having mundy contesting a centre bounce?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck Freo fans. Was desperately hoping you would get up :(

I thought a lot of your players looked extremely nervous, including Ballantyne who I dare say will not be getting much sleep tonight.

I said it somewhere else ... he's such a passionate and emotionally driven player, but the occasion was like a Columbian shipment of the the pure stuff to a Hollywood afters party ... it was just too much and he went all OD on us.

He tried hard, really put in, but I never had confidence any time he was in the play he'd do the right thing because he was just too much a buzz, too hard at it and not poised enough.

Hope they've started the autopsy already. Some players were out of their depth today and lacked poise / good decision-making - pretty much the same 4-5 that have been talked about all season, with exception of Ballas (and we've been critical of his away form anyway).

I wish mcpharlin would know his kicking limitations

Add in Mora and we'll be right.
Need an extra tall target.

Also how the heck did we go from dominating the hitouts to having mundy contesting a centre bounce?????

McPharlin lacked touch. He was like that last week too, but it didn't matter in that game. He needed another 2-3 games to get up to where we needed him. A couple of those kicks were doable for him normally ... the body just wasn't all there.

I'm hurting.

Hurting but excited. Hawks played their best footy today and we were still right in it. We kicked some howlers, we got some questional decisions go against us that lead to easy goals for the hawks. We were completely out of it for a whole half of footy and we were still in it.

Be Proud of the boys.

I know I am.

I reckon we should be in contention next year, this is one thought that alleviates the pain.
More class is needed: Morabito is the key for me. He has to get back.

Neale should've started. 7 disposals in a quarter, looked composed, took risks etc.

De Boer
&Suban are liabilities too often, they go missing.

I reckon you definitely will... and most probably with a vengeance. If you make the GF, which I think you will, then you're players won't be overwhelmed/shaky in the first half again. You guys will be very difficult to stop next year imo.

Commiserations generally to you all... I know what it's like losing to the Hawks in a GF, and it freaking hurts. Will be all the sweater if you get up next year!

Disappointed of course but on the bright side it certainly wasn't a walkover. In fact I'm happy to consider it a moral victory to the Dockers after considering that Hawthorn played 9 games at the mcg during the season compared to our 2 (which hardly makes for a level playing field). Hawks were gifted 3 goals (I think, certainly 2) which made a hell of a difference especially with the timing of the frees.

The other things I noted ( as did everyone else) was our poor goal kicking and just as important why the hell were we slipping over so often. Presumably we were wearing long studs but that still seemed to make very little difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back