Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Away Angel GIF by Xbox

Johnny Karate how many games have we lost our of our last 49 games now including finals please? . Those guys who poo-poo'd your 48 game sample size must have egg on their face now after 49.

It's been shut for a few years we just didn't want to admit it. This game has nailed it home.
Last year we had a sniff whilst Petty was clunking everything in the forwardline, before his injury late in the season.

But yes, going forward, our window is bolted shut.

The longer Goodwin is there, the harder it will be for the next coach.

Goodwin has a lot of good qualities but his gameplan is rubbish. He won't drastically change it though because we won a flag and the board will back him in.

In 2021, with Burgess, we were faster, fitter and less predictable. Times have changed.

He should be absolutely embarrassed at our poor forward transition and setup but he don't give a shit.

I honestly think we could have won the flag last year if Melksham and Petty hadn't gone down injured. We lost our two finals by 12 points, and Collingwood won their 3 by 12 points. It was a really even season, and while we wouldn't really have "deserved" to win, I don't think there were any other clear standout that "deserved" to win either. We were undoubtedly our own worst enemy towards the end of the season, though, and rarely looked convincing.

This season is done, but there's hope for 2025 if:

• We can avoid the offseason dramas of this year, have a solid preseason, and get some hunger back. Getting Oliver back to his best will help.
  • We recruit effectively to fill holes in our list. Losing Brayshaw hurt this season, but we should have some cap-space to attract some decent players.
  • Develop a game plan which avoids the safe, stodgy football we played in 2021-23 and which is more likely to see us compete against the top teams. We should use the rest of 2024 as a chance to try some new things out and to ingrain some new habits into players, now that it doesn't really matter if we win / lose or by how much.
  • May and Gawn don't fall off a cliff, and we remain injury free.

There's a lot of ifs there, but I think it's clear last year is our last shot unless we somehow pull-off the Geelong strategy of just endlessly staying in contention by topping the list up with experienced free agents and trades. Window isn't closed yet, but it's clear time is against us. The bodies of Gawn and May the clearest ticking clock element against us, given their importance to the team.

I honestly think we could have won the flag last year if Melksham and Petty hadn't gone down injured. We lost our two finals by 12 points, and Collingwood won their 3 by 12 points. It was a really even season, and while we wouldn't really have "deserved" to win, I don't think there were any other clear standout that "deserved" to win either. We were undoubtedly our own worst enemy towards the end of the season, though, and rarely looked convincing.

This season is done, but there's hope for 2025 if:

• We can avoid the offseason dramas of this year, have a solid preseason, and get some hunger back. Getting Oliver back to his best will help.
  • We recruit effectively to fill holes in our list. Losing Brayshaw hurt this season, but we should have some cap-space to attract some decent players.
  • Develop a game plan which avoids the safe, stodgy football we played in 2021-23 and which is more likely to see us compete against the top teams. We should use the rest of 2024 as a chance to try some new things out and to ingrain some new habits into players, now that it doesn't really matter if we win / lose or by how much.
  • May and Gawn don't fall off a cliff, and we remain injury free.

There's a lot of ifs there, but I think it's clear last year is our last shot unless we somehow pull-off the Geelong strategy of just endlessly staying in contention by topping the list up with experienced free agents and trades. Window isn't closed yet, but it's clear time is against us. The bodies of Gawn and May the clearest ticking clock element against us, given their importance to the team.
Yep. Certainly looking like last year was the final chance. Was optimistic about this year preseason. But too much has gone wrong. Oliver, Smith, Petty useless up forward. Lack of ability to improve movement up front. We show patches, but nowhere near enough to suggest we're a contender. Glad we've been playing some kids. Hopefully get a few more debuts before season end. Might end up being the only reason to watch us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of what happens in the second half today it's pretty clear at this point we're a significantly worse side than the past couple of years. We might make finals but we aren't contending.

The form of Casey showing very little underneath our best 22. Need to seriously think about the future now. Worst thing we could do is continue to top up with rejects like Billings, Fullarton and McAdam.

Obvious as **** for years but a couple of demon ducks refused to accept it. Been a piss off that it's been obvious for a few of us while our captains talking about how jealous other teams are of us finishing top 4.
For a club who's done **** all for 60 years were arrogant as ****

That game where Maynard cleaned up Brayshaw early in the match, robbed us in that game of our any mid-field ascendancy. And so that game went down.

This one issue really stole from us our last realistic chance imv.

And now we see just how close to the bones we are in our list. We need a free agent, and more young talents.
Liam baker would be real handy.

This appears, its closed for the winter.?

Imv, It's time to trade out, so we can bring in new talent.

... our pluses, Gawn, Petracca, ANB, Viney, Pickett, May, JvR, McVee, Windsor? Langdon, Bowie, Rivers, Sparrow, Chins.....
the rest you can raffle to see where they might land.
Those guys are worth a second rounder at best.

We had the chance last year to trade some guys with currency and start a mini rebuild. But Oliver and Petty are worth a fraction of what they were last year.

We had the chance last year to trade some guys with currency and start a mini rebuild. But Oliver and Petty are worth a fraction of what they were last year.
No club has all A graders BL. Goody is right that wins come on the back of def fence and hard effort.

But we lack enough class amongst our list; especially in key areas where class makes a big difference... our midfield, and forward.

Oliver has lost the desire to be his best imv.
Fritta has stated to think he is better than what he's prepared to offer... both are lazy defensively, and soft when its they're time to commit.

So we lack genuine ability up forward, and with our run from our inside-mids. run and foot/intelligence class, is missing.

Ah, you meant the players I have as keepers.

I would trade Oliver for a couple of picks.
I would listen to offers for fritta.

I would definitely look at the Crows offers.? re Petty.

Tim Lamb had cooked our list since the 21 flag bringing in reject after reject when it was our best opportunity to bring in talent being in the window.

In the same time our club has continued to leak talent until now where we are at best a mid ladder team.

Other than Richmond, I’m not sure any other list has gone back further than ours since 21.

Tim Lamb had cooked our list since the 21 flag bringing in reject after reject when it was our best opportunity to bring in talent being in the window.

In the same time our club has continued to leak talent until now where we are at best a mid ladder team.

Other than Richmond, I’m not sure any other list has gone back further than ours since 21.
Tim Lamb hasn't cooked our list your an idiot with an agenda

Back