Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm terrible at planks. 4 mins is a fair effort?

Sounds like you were sore/fatigued more than anything? Mine feels damaged without pain as I can push/lift maybe half of what I normally could. There's just no strength at all
2+ minutes is decent for even remotely fit folks. 4 minutes is outstanding

I spent a week off just sitting around drinking loads of booze and once I recovered looked in better shape than I did before lol.

Think I lost maybe 1.5 kgs, when I drink yeah there's quite a few calories in that but I also tend to not eat bugger all as well. It was basically usually just a Subway for dinner an that's it.

Did lose a bit I the gym but should get it all back after maybe a weèk.

Have done them, not a fan but not massively against either. Did laugh at google results just now though

View attachment 1982794
Yeah it was a joke but in all seriousness I'm prepared to die on this hill, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong or 'dangerous' with the exercise - if you have decent shoulder mobility and use proper form along with a grip around shoulder width. It's a great exercise that's been needlessly thrown on the scrap heap.

I mean you could hurt yourself on any exercise done wrong, or if you just keep doing it ignoring discomfort. I'd also speculate in would be a lot more likely on something like a deadlift.

And lol are those weights even real Jeff.

I find that Athlean X guy pretty annoying tbh.

Apparently his early stuff is meant to be pretty good, but everything I come across just seem clickbaity and needlessly nitpicky.

So on the topic of gyms...

After spending thousands building my dream home gym and thinking I would be #homegymforlife, I decided I was getting a bit bored and decided to join a commercial gym for the first time.

What a revelation! It's given me a completely new lease on life in my training. So much more motivating being around other people (with a suitable sprinkling of eye candy) and having such a variety of equipment.

It's a pretty small gym and I go at 5.30am so it's usually the same 6 or so regulars there, and everyone is super respectful and perfect with their gym etiquette. Seems like I've hit the jackpot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah would take an average public gym over a top of the line home gym every day. Even as a fairly introverted person in general being around other gym goers and making it an event for the day does so much for the mental side of things

Best part is it's a 4 minute drive from my house, so I'm not even trading much convenience compared to walking down the hallway to my home gym.

Gee this shoulder is weird now. Clicking and crunching on pull downs now, yet no pain just a weakness of sorts

It'd make some sense if it was my right shoulder, bowling leg spin for 10-15 years wouldn't be great for a shoulder but the left is just confusing me!

Gym way too busy again this morning. Whole new group of Mums being shown around (Interloper would have been in his element)

Yeah it was a joke but in all seriousness I'm prepared to die on this hill, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong or 'dangerous' with the exercise - if you have decent shoulder mobility and use proper form along with a grip around shoulder width. It's a great exercise that's been needlessly thrown on the scrap heap.

I mean you could hurt yourself on any exercise done wrong, or if you just keep doing it ignoring discomfort. I'd also speculate in would be a lot more likely on something like a deadlift.

And lol are those weights even real Jeff.

Agree, if you’re not ego lifting you’re pretty much safe doing anything you like.

Upright rows are just harder to get away with ego lifting than some others.

Something something no such thing as a bad exercise just bad form type saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back