Iran

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Can anyone enlighten me why Iran is always spoken of as some sort of evil James Bond like villain? Sort of sick of hearing it to be honest. Sure, the Iranians might have done some shit things back 30 years back, but it appears to me the current 'state sponsored' terrorism line translates to not toeing the US line on Israel, Palestine, Lebonon and Syria. Actually looks like a nice place to visit.

Views?

Can anyone enlighten me why Iran is always spoken of as some sort of evil James Bond like villain? Sort of sick of hearing it to be honest. Sure, the Iranians might have done some shit things back 30 years back, but it appears to me the current 'state sponsored' terrorism line translates to not toeing the US line on Israel, Palestine, Lebonon and Syria. Actually looks like a nice place to visit.

Views?
Well you answered your own question... oh and Saudi Arabia.

Don't know about the visiting part. Never been.

Views?

Israeli+ Saudi geopolitics ... which is reflected in U.S foreign policy

Fantastic place to visit

Views?

the iran government owns its own central bank...

its not part of the fed

amazing place to visit apparently in regard to natural beauty

Views?

I was thinking the same thing myself while watching footage from the attack on their parliament.

pretty much just their proxy wars via outfits like hezbollah and hamas + opposition to israel = US cranky faces. being a theocracy doesn't do it any favours, either.

the iran government owns its own central bank...

its not part of the fed

every country owns its own central bank and none them are "part of the fed" (other than the fed), you nutcase.

Views?
Yeah I've been trying to hash out a good answer to this for a while, without just falling back on Zionist conspiracy theories. We have this hardcore demonisation of Iran, but the Saudis are alright? Which regime is more repressive? Which regime exported the Sunni Wahhabism that gave rise to al-Qaeda and Islamic State? Where did the 9/11 hijackers actually come from?

Admittedly, this consensus does sometimes get challenged. Here are some articles challenging the prevailing view:

I was listening to a BBC podcast recently, in which they were going back over the 1988 incident where the US shot down an Iranian passenger jet, killing all 290 people on board. The jet was flying over Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf. Can you imagine what would have happened if the boot was on the other foot?

No one should throw the pendulum and conclude that Iran are all moonbeams and rainbows. But you don't need to go that far to reject the official account of "Iran = bad, Saudis = good". It's almost like there's a struggle within the region between the biggest Sunni power and the biggest Shiite power and, for good or ill, Israel and the US have picked the Sunni side. And pretty much everything we hear beyond that is in service of defending that choice.

Last edited:

Views?
heroic in helping knock over Isis

of course they're going to be blamed for that loss!

pretty much just their proxy wars via outfits like hezbollah and hamas + opposition to israel = US cranky faces. being a theocracy doesn't do it any favours, either.

every country owns its own central bank and none them are "part of the fed" (other than the fed), you nutcase.
why is Iran a theocracy and the Zionist state isn't? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it'd be easier just to settle on the fact that at the time you asked your question, you had no idea what a theocracy was.
yes I did
and Israel is run for Jews only

and was given to Jews only by God

so it's from God to chosen ones lol

where this gets a bit crazy is most Jews are not even religious.. even though God gave them Israel and Jerusalem for the Messiah to come along lol

anyway they're mostly Talmudist today

books written by rabbi scholars about Jewish supremacy etc

and Iran is supposed to be weird and warped for you?

yes I did
and Israel is run for Jews only

and was given to Jews only by God

so it's from God to chosen ones lol

where this gets a bit crazy is most Jews are not even religious.. even though God gave them Israel and Jerusalem for the Messiah to come along lol

anyway they're mostly Talmudist today

books written by rabbi scholars about Jewish supremacy etc

and Iran is supposed to be weird and warped for you?

:tearsofjoy: somebody failed politics for dummies.

The lack of support for Canada at the moment says all we need to know about the west and it's cozy relationship with Saudi Arabia.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/much-at-stake-as-nice-and-nasty-face-off-20180813-p4zx6c.html

The close relationship with Saudi Arabia - either directly or tacitly - should be one of the most contentious issues in western politics.

This is something that crosses political divides as well. Both sides of parliament in the major western countries have been (and mostly, still are) guilty of it.

Instead it's just somewhat ignored all in the hope only a few people on the fringes notice all whilst sucking up to the beautiful petrodollar.

The lack of support for Canada at the moment says all we need to know about the west and it's cozy relationship with Saudi Arabia.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/much-at-stake-as-nice-and-nasty-face-off-20180813-p4zx6c.html

The close relationship with Saudi Arabia - either directly or tacitly - should be one of the most contentious issues in western politics.

This is something that crosses political divides as well. Both sides of parliament in the major western countries have been (and mostly, still are) guilty of it.

Instead it's just somewhat ignored all in the hope only a few people on the fringes notice all whilst sucking up to the beautiful petrodollar.
Canada has been supporting Saudi with weapons to murder Yemen kids

nobody opposed then too

conflicts

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...eau-defends-canada-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia

lying down wth dogs etc

that's Canada and the whole of the West

why would anybody care about Canada and not Palestine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back