IR - Campbell!

Remove this Banner Ad

brownyaa6.jpg

Can't keep him down...

Yesterday was a black day for IR. Both sides are to blame for the disgusting thuggery, IMO.

It appears the games get a great deal of media attention throughout Ireland and from what I saw it may well have done damage to our relations with that country, mother-land to many Australian families' forebears. Like, phil, I wouldn't care if I see another game of IR, if this is to be the norm in future..

I especially feel apologetic to the young smiling Irish kids I saw on my TV, proudly decked out in their national colours with, no doubt, high expectations of a highly competitive international sporting event between two great nations. What did they get? Adults king-hitting each other intermingled with some of the hybrid football.

What happened to our Cam was deplorable. Going for the ball with body fully stretched, his opponent let fly with the boot into the breadbasket. Disgusting!

If the hybrid brand is to continue, the chiefs and players of AFL and Gaelic will need to get their heads together and pledge that the game will take part purely as a sport in future. Both coaches in after match interviews expressed similar views.

Otherwise do away with it!

Typically with $$$$$ signs in his eyes, Andy D. had more to say about how huge the crowd was.

Yesterday was a black day for IR. Both sides are to blame for the disgusting thuggery, IMO.

It appears the games get a great deal of media attention throughout Ireland and from what I saw it may well have done damage to our relations with that country, mother-land to many Australian families' forebears. Like, phil, I wouldn't care if I see another game of IR, if this is to be the norm in future..

I especially feel apologetic to the young smiling Irish kids I saw on my TV, proudly decked out in their national colours with, no doubt, high expectations of a highly competitive international sporting event between two great nations. What did they get? Adults king-hitting each other intermingled with some of the hybrid football.

What happened to our Cam was deplorable. Going for the ball with body fully stretched, his opponent let fly with the boot into the breadbasket. Disgusting!

If the hybrid brand is to continue, the chiefs and players of AFL and Gaelic will need to get their heads together and pledge that the game will take part purely as a sport in future. Both coaches in after match interviews expressed similar views.

Otherwise do away with it!

Typically with $$$$$ signs in his eyes, Andy D. had more to say about how huge the crowd was.

I agree with pretty much all of your post, Gary, but with our current President who he is, that last comment is pretty funny. :D

Saw some of the replays mentioning 'Campbell Brown again and again putting his body on the line'.

Watching the game last weekend, I thought that if an Irishman wanted to go Brown Dog, I wouldn't like to be said person next time they met!

He is ONE bloke you definitely don't want to piss off - hey, Lloydy?

Lloydy - why are you running off like that!!!

Text from a thread start on the AFL Board -

Nicky Brennan, President of the GAA has just been interviewed on Irish Radio main news programme. He said that the scenes seen yesterday were a disgrace and that one side and one side only were responsible. He said the series is hanging by the slimest of treads and was asked directly did he feel the series was over. He said that there were procedures to go through but that his personal view and that of other leading GAA figures were that it was over.

Brennan played Hurling to the highest level and is no 'soft' man so when he says its over - its over.

Well, so be it.

I hope Cam's injury is not serious. His ready to go for our first outing in the pre-season cup is more important than IR as far as I'm concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly happened??
went at the ball, and as he went to pick it up, the irish thug swung his boot and got him straight in the ribs. He came back on later but was still sore, and ended up going off 5 mins before the end of the match.

Brown was easily the most courageous player that match, and i want to see a "most courageous" award introduced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back