Interleague

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 28, 2008
The Dong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Wodonga. Kiewa
Just want to get an idea on what everyone thinks of playing for the league, I personally think it is a great honour to play for your league and also a great way to meet the blokes you battle against week in week out. Almost all leagues promote interleague footy so why not us. If it was up to me it would and should be played...

Just want to get an idea on what everyone thinks of playing for the league, I personally think it is a great honour to play for your league and also a great way to meet the blokes you battle against week in week out. Almost all leagues promote interleague footy so why not us. If it was up to me it would and should be played...[/quote
I think it is the measure of how a league is going. If a league doesn't play interleague they can't judge how good they really are. Why can't we get a comp going against the lower leagues around the district

Just want to get an idea on what everyone thinks of playing for the league, I personally think it is a great honour to play for your league and also a great way to meet the blokes you battle against week in week out. Almost all leagues promote interleague footy so why not us. If it was up to me it would and should be played...
Totally agree there IHP players should be rewarded for good early season form. Ask any player in the league they would much prefer to play an interleague game with the best from each club then be named in a team of the year at the season's end. 2 years ago when it was played was a fantastic week and everyone involved enjoyed it immensley. I vote to bring it back!:thumbsu:! Am enjoying the rest however:rolleyes:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why we dont play it anymore

I believe the reason behind interleaque absence for the past 2 years came down to the drought & condition of the grounds with the Leaque & clubs deciding it was best to give players a weeks break mid season rather risk injury to the clubs star players. Both the Tallangatta & Ovens & King Leaques were both very keen to play again after the highly successful last 1 played under lights at Lavington Sports Club.

If it shall be played, we should play Hume league, I realise they are a NSW League, but they are the next strongest league around albury wodonga and I'm always telling everyone that TDFL is stronger then HUME, but need confirmation once and for all...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back