Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, but have you EVER run your own company with employees? Unless that employee has broken the rules laid out in his or her contract, it's impossible to sack them. Sure, once they have completed the term they have been contracted for, they can be released and replaced. We don't know what Meehan's contract states and if there were any clauses regarding dismissal if soft tissue injury numbers were included. I doubt that they would have been.

So almost certainly, there is nothing Benny can do at this stage.
Surely there is a performance clause for every employee! Looking at our injury list and the repetitive occurrences, it should not be that hard to do a review. Maybe its happening at the end of the season. No point sacking mid season

Surely there is a performance clause for every employee! Looking at our injury list and the repetitive occurrences, it should not be that hard to do a review. Maybe its happening at the end of the season. No point sacking mid season
There will be but it is still extremely difficult sacking people. The Devil's in the detail of the contract. None of us know what this is. As you have pointed out, the end of the season is the time when these things are sorted out and we unfortunately have to be patient and wait to see what happens then.

Sorry, but have you EVER run your own company with employees? Unless that employee has broken the rules laid out in his or her contract, it's impossible to sack them. Sure, once they have completed the term they have been contracted for, they can be released and replaced. We don't know what Meehan's contract states and if there were any clauses regarding dismissal if soft tissue injury numbers were included. I doubt that they would have been.

have you ever heard of underperformance and imcompetence? end of story. benny is now toothless.

There will be but it is still extremely difficult sacking people. The Devil's in the detail of the contract. None of us know what this is. As you have pointed out, the end of the season is the time when these things are sorted out and we unfortunately have to be patient and wait to see what happens then.
Agree AT , but it should’ve happened at the end of last season. He was identified by most of us on here mid last year at being incompetent at his job , yet he wasn’t sacked. He could’ve easily been sacked based on performance and the level of incompetence as the evidence was frightening. This is sadly on Benny and no one else.

Seems more of a conservative approach from our medicos than anything
For it to be only one week if what’s reported is true maybe the club are going to be more likely to rest players at any sign of strain

Yes, and there's a time and place to assess that and mid-season isn't that time. We can't change the past so why waste energy on it? Use logic not emotion.
Yeah probably the wrong time to be making any changes
Absolutely look into it and kick some tyres of people who the club might want to get in the door but assuming we want to move him on in the first place doing so now would only leave a hole in the department that people are saying is not performing and chances are a replacement wouldn’t be able to step in until the off season anyway

Yep, almost impossible to sack someone these days. We would have to argue he has stolen and broken something, like the hearts of thousands of Richmond supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats not quite true. Ive worked at 3 companies that used the re structuring excuse to get rid of staff.

you seem bereft of logic. are you meehan?
I think you're bereft of a brain of any sort.

Now is that the way you want to go and post in this forum? Do you want to be antagonistic? I'm willing to participate. Your lack of understanding of how to run any business is obvious. You can't sack someone and have nobody to do the job at all but that's what you seem to want. There's nobody just sitting waiting to be employed as the RFC fitness guru. The club has to go out and find who is available and who is the best fit.

Stop acting like a dick and post sensibly.

I think you're bereft of a brain of any sort.

Now is that the way you want to go and post in this forum? Do you want to be antagonistic? I'm willing to participate. Your lack of understanding of how to run any business is obvious. You can't sack someone and have nobody to do the job at all but that's what you seem to want. There's nobody just sitting waiting to be employed as the RFC fitness guru. The club has to go out and find who is available and who is the best fit.

Stop acting like a dick and post sensibly.
so now let’s personal? no i will take the higher ground. there are plenty of options out there in terms of this field.you seem to want to preserve with less than mediocrity. that’s not the way to run a business pal. unless you want sub standard. your thinking was that type of thinking that almost killed the club in the 90s.! meehan has been a serious reason why we are not performing. time and time again our injuries poor management and rehab has been below standard. put your head in the sand on this or take a stand because it is bleeding obvious this is not good enough

Test

Noah Balta, knee

Dion Prestia, hamstring

Jack Graham, hamstring

Jacob Bauer, hamstring

Unavailable

Jacob Hopper, hamstring (2 weeks)

Tim Taranto, wrist (4-6 weeks)

Jack Ross, foot (6-8 weeks)

Tom Lynch, hamstring (6-8 weeks)

Liam Fawcett, back (TBA)

Mate Colina, back (TBA)