CaptainDavey

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
The Shire
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Today I broke my first bone. We were playing street cricket, all a bit over refreshed and I decided to sprawl across the boot of my brothers mates car. He then jumped in and took off, with me going SPLAT against the road. Ouch. I got a fractured elbow, in a sling for about 3-4 weeks. God that sucks! My other personal injuries include having my appendix removed although thats not really interesting...

What interesting injuries have you guys had?

I was born with an extra bone in each of my feet. When playing football they would get really sore and i was unable to run properly by the last quarter and for the following couple of days. Got them romoved and all is good now.

When I was in Year 10 we were playing footy in PE. I picked up the ball about 40m out along the left hand side boundary line and had a shot on the turn with my right foot - as I spun around I landed on my left wrist and broke it. Didn't even notice at first as I was more interested in the ball - when it went through I jumped up to celebrate and as I did a big fist pump realised somebody was wrong.

Ouch.

Never had any serious injuries. I broke my finger at football training (not the bone but the tendon or something). Rolled my ankle pretty badly when bowling. It was one of those bowling mats but a very new one so it was very slippery. I didn't feel too bad so I kept on bowling in a little bit of pain. When I woke up in the morning I couldn't walk and had to be on crutches for a week. My coolest injury would have been getting knocked out while playing house football for school. I'd describe it to you but I really can't remember.

I broke my right femur at 4 from a stone statue after it fell on me while climbing it trying to pick some berries at my grandmas. (the berries turned out to be poisonous so it probably worked out for the best.)

broke my ankle 3 years later helping dad back a trailer onto the car and having the trailer fall on me.

broke my wrist 5 years later on a skate trip to adelaide getting air off a spine and overshooting the other side bicycle kicking in the air all the way and landing on it.

2 years later broke the other wrist skating after missing a hand rail trying to grind

a couple of years ago green fractured my foot somehow doing wing chun kung fu

last year got a compression fracure or somethin in my finger the day i bought a new sherrin and was kicking it around and it landed on my finger going for a mark.

and late september last year broke my collarbone coming off my motorbike around a tight corner up in the gold coast hinterland.

... so yeah kinda accident prone :eek:

probably my funniest injury tho (in hindsight) was in primary school i jumped up to jump scale a fence, except i soon found out it was a barbed wire fence and needed stitches across my hands

i have broken my right arm twice! i have ruptured the tendons in my right middle finger twice! and ruptured the tendons in my left middle finger once. when i was little(about 7 or 8) we used to have a big hedge out the front of our house and i used to like playing in it and once i ran inside it and into a twig(coming out of a branch) and it went straight into my eye ball..... yes my eye ball! and i had to have it removed at hospital. and i was once playing tiggy at my house and was running and looking behind me and when i turned around ran straight into the handle of a wheel burrow and popped a bloob vessell in my fore head and had a big red lump on my fore head wich was full of blood!

all these injuries occured when i lived in the country(exept the ruptured tendons in my fingers) i now live in melbourne and have not had any serious injuries...yet.....well exept for this year when i almost ruptured my ear drum in a collision playing footy luckily i didn't because i'd be deaf in one ear :D

and iv'e had my fair share of concussions and black eyes but there not that exiting.

but i am only 15(turning 16:D) so i am sure i have plenty of bad injuries ahead of me :D

and i enjoyed reading about every ones injuries :p

I broke my right femur at 4 from a stone statue after it fell on me while climbing it trying to pick some berries at my grandmas. (the berries turned out to be poisonous so it probably worked out for the best.)

broke my ankle 3 years later helping dad back a trailer onto the car and having the trailer fall on me.

broke my wrist 5 years later on a skate trip to adelaide getting air off a spine and overshooting the other side bicycle kicking in the air all the way and landing on it.

2 years later broke the other wrist skating after missing a hand rail trying to grind

a couple of years ago green fractured my foot somehow doing wing chun kung fu

last year got a compression fracure or somethin in my finger the day i bought a new sherrin and was kicking it around and it landed on my finger going for a mark.

and late september last year broke my collarbone coming off my motorbike around a tight corner up in the gold coast hinterland.

... so yeah kinda accident prone :eek:

probably my funniest injury tho (in hindsight) was in primary school i jumped up to jump scale a fence, except i soon found out it was a barbed wire fence and needed stitches across my hands
Your name isn't Quentin is it? :) Worst I've ever done is pulled a hammy.

I've been pretty lucky with injuries - touch wood. When I say lucky, I mean the worst have been jarred fingers from footy (always seems to be the same bloody one as well), or bruised bone in my ankle from playing inline hockey going into the boards feet-first, and bruised bone in my arm from hitting the top of the boards I think.
Having said that, for pretty much the last 5 years of school, I'd be so sore the day after footy because my groin was never right, that I could hardly walk on the Sunday. Ahh, those were good days.

Had fairly bad back problems which started in 2000 and lasted to 2003 due to footy. Nowdays it is hammy and groin problems but currently injury free!

I’ve had a couple bad injuries. When I was younger I was riding my bike and got hit by a car ended up with amnesia and a compressed skull fracture. Good think I had my helmet on!!!

I had a pretty stupid moment about 8 months ago. Went out drinking and while my mate was driving (he was sober) I thought it would be a good idea to jump out of the passenger’s seat while the car was going about 50ks. Long story short there was lots of bleeding to my head, stitches and a hospital visit. I don’t think I broke anything but I had grazes on my body and a nice cut on the back of my head.

Don’t worry I know I am an idiot and trust me I won’t be doing that again. Thankfully I don’t have any permanent injuries from it and my scar is hidden by my hair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back