Indigenous life and history

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
The Blue Room is a place where good ideas come to die. So why not start another thread and see if it blossoms or not.

I want to create a thread where information can be shared. I’m not interested in adversarial posturing just a resource that allows us to build knowledge and respect for the original inhabitants of this country. I know I can never put myself in their shoes but I hope to be part of a fundamental change in the future. I’m part of the problem now but I hope to do something positive before I turn up my toes.

At the moment I’m personally imagining a huge adventure around this country and I’d love other posters to provide me with information about indigenous people and their lives that I can use as a resource. I want to build my knowledge of indigenous Australia and I hope that we can all benefit from sharing with other.

The Blue Room is a place where good ideas come to die. So why not start another thread and see if it blossoms or not.

I want to create a thread where information can be shared. I’m not interested in adversarial posturing just a resource that allows us to build knowledge and respect for the original inhabitants of this country. I know I can never put myself in their shoes but I hope to be part of a fundamental change in the future. I’m part of the problem now but I hope to do something positive before I turn up my toes.

At the moment I’m personally imagining a huge adventure around this country and I’d love other posters to provide me with information about indigenous people and their lives that I can use as a resource. I want to build my knowledge of indigenous Australia and I hope that we can all benefit from sharing with other.

Robbo. You say you're not interested in posturing, but what exactly do you think you're doing other than adding words and selling yourself as 'a part of the problem' Tell us what you're doing other than selling emotional candy?
When exactly did your social 'awareness' peak and why?

I won't last long here but watch this video and tell me what you take out of it...and it's not all about celebrities either. Is this man wrong? Yes or no?

I keep hearing words but no one contributes real actions.
Tell us what we should do other than to pander and pretend....and something interesting and maybe even truly worthwhile may come about.

Robbo. You say you're not interested in posturing, but what exactly do you think you're doing other than adding words and selling yourself as 'a part of the problem' Tell us what you're doing other than selling emotional candy?

I won't last long here but watch this video and tell me what you take out of it...and it's not all about celebrities either. Is this man wrong? Yes or no?

Tell us what we should do other than to pander and pretend....and something interesting and maybe even truly worthwhile may come about.

I've watched this 2 times and my conclusion is this blokes not a good advocate for his cause.

What is your actual goal here? Are you comparing Robbo, for starting a thread, to actors posting videos that are probably most likely hollow or done to, be seen to be doing something?

Actors and celebrities, have a lot to gain, by being seen, to be doing the right thing. What do big footy posters gain? I watched the video, he makes a good case, but what does it have to do with Robbos post? Does Robbo, have to tell you, he’s been a racist in the past, held bad stereotypes, turned a blind eye to vilification, for his post to be justified?

I can tell you, I’m part of the problem, I sit here as a supposed anti racist, I’m in a mixed race relationship, I have mixed race children, I call out racism online, but only the other day at work, a fellow worker made racist comments regarding another nearby worker and myself and my two workmates said nothing, afterwards we all said we were part of the problem, this happens regularly and not just with racism but homophobia as well.

What we should do? Look at ourselves, and try and be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This looks like a great project and Bendigo is not that far away.

Wow, that's great to hear, hopefully something like that goes ahead, been an eyesore most of my life, fills with dirty trash water when it pours. Stinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back