Think Tank Imagine a bizarro world in which The Worsten Bulldogs or The Crom were 'awarded' the number 1 pick in last year's 'Harley Reid' draft ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cause that it is pretty much what happened today in the NBA when the mid tier Atlanta Hawks (basically America's version of The Adelaide Crows, constantly veering between being table battlers or bottom feeders) bucked amazing odds of 3 % to win the draft lottery. They even made the play in tournament, losing to another embarrassing team in the Chicago Bulls)

My point is, the draft lottery is a bad idea for the AFL, Atlanta missed the playoffs by two wins, hypothetically speaking, if this took place in footy, either the FlogDogs or Crom would have drafted Harley Reid last year.

I think we can all agree as a footy community we don't want such an elite talent like Harley Reid wasted at medicore clubs like the Dogs or Crom who wouldn't be able to develop and harness his talents properly..

Besides the Dogs have had enough unfair draft assistance in recent times with Father Son and JUH.

Just look at how happy the Hawks GM is

He knows he lucked out big time.

I don't ever want to see a scenario where Geelong hypothetically wins pick 1 in the draft like the lotto for one bad year and miss the finals by 1 game)

Besides having the number 1 pick doesn't always work out (Lol essendon and McGrath :) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back