I'm playing online now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I hate with people at the cheaper buy-in games. They dont know how to play some hands. AA is a classic example. You need to raise relatively big early on, in particular to stop being run down. Its far better to play against one person after a 100 raise then against 5 people for a 20 raise. Obviously no-one is calling his all in with something like AJ. If someone calls, they are definately in front. Sure he had outs, 8 if I calculate correctly, but with his shove...:mad:

Ended up busting about 6 hands later moving all in when down to 400 (3000 starting stacks) with big slick IIRC, and got done by pocket 2's.

I hate low level poker, you cant get anyone to lay down anything...

Seems like a perfect example of why you shouldn't play junk cards to begin with. Even with the pathetic size of the raise, why persist with 67 os with 5 players in the hand?

Now I remember why I don't play anymore.

1/2 PLH FTP, sit down, rake in about $60 first couple of hours.

Then get A-Q on button, pop it, BB calls. Flop A-5-5. Bet, call. Turn blank, bet call, river blank check-check, he has Q-5. Calls me down, no raise...

About ten mins later get K-J cutoff, raise call SB. Flop K-5-5 (no shit) bet, call. Turn check-check. River bet, all-in, fold, he shows 5-7. nh.

Steaming, raise with K-J again, rock re-raises almost minimum, call. Know she has aces, flop J-K-x. Bingo. Lead, raise, raise, all-in, call, A-A, turn Q, river T. ____ing amusing.

The thing that annoys me is I sit here for about three hours, play well, make some good lay downs, and just get raped within about 20 mins. Almost reloaded, but I'm not playing on ultra tilt. If it had been one session in a few, fair enough, but I ain't played for flipping months... oh well.

Yeah, then try not to bluff those who can't be bluffed. Just be patient at low limits - they'll hand their $$ over. There's really no need to make moves at the stakes you're playing.

Decent advice...

My main problem at the moment is trying to predict what people are going to do... I cant get into my thick head that people on the lower levels are good players... or at the least, have basic poker smarts in regards to the size of raises, betting etc... I have been playing the people, not the cards... and that make absolutely no sense...

**** I hate poker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back