iiNet - anyone having trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else having trouble with these shitbags?

I have been a customer for over 6 years and have found the service levels really falling away over the past 18 months. You call the support people and they are very polite and often quite helpful. The problem is, when they screw up (and it happens regularly) they do not seem to know how to fix it expediently. Always an excuse that they have to wait for someone else to do something.

They send the wrong items when you order something. They do not address packages correctly, rendering them undeliverable. Cannot chase anything up that does not appear on their screens. They cannot expedite processes that are now automated. They send duplicate messages, often contradictory. And they should be ashamed offering FETCHTV as a paid service.

Problems seem to coincide with the departure of their CEO. Going downhill fast.

Sad to say about our major sponsor, but these guys have lost the plot.

Will take on board any suggestion for a reliable alternative.

IInet while having brilliant packages are pretty average in customer service i found
Agreed. Makes it hard to just spit the dummy and tell them to **** off, then be forced to accept a lesser package elsewhere.

Is anyone using TPG and, if so, what are they like?

I want ADSL2+ or nakedDSL with VOIP and looking to set up a dual band wifi network.

Dude once you get through and do somrthing they are perfectly reasonable and actually pretty good.they once overcharged me about 70 dollars and capped my internet. 3 days later when they finally di something got half price next month and reversed the 70 dollar charge. So a lot better the telstra but telatra would of solved it much quicker

The last four non-tech contacts I have made have been extremely painful. They simply cannot find a way to do things quickly. I have had a package sitting in a warehouse in Sydney for nearly a week because they only put half the address on the package. Do you think they can fix it? No. "Oh we have to go through xyz and that will take a few days." What? FFS, just get on it.

Is anyone else having trouble with these shitbags?

I have been a customer for over 6 years and have found the service levels really falling away over the past 18 months. You call the support people and they are very polite and often quite helpful. The problem is, when they screw up (and it happens regularly) they do not seem to know how to fix it expediently. Always an excuse that they have to wait for someone else to do something.

They send the wrong items when you order something. They do not address packages correctly, rendering them undeliverable. Cannot chase anything up that does not appear on their screens. They cannot expedite processes that are now automated. They send duplicate messages, often contradictory. And they should be ashamed offering FETCHTV as a paid service.

Problems seem to coincide with the departure of their CEO. Going downhill fast.

Sad to say about our major sponsor, but these guys have lost the plot.

Will take on board any suggestion for a reliable alternative.

I initially had terrible experiences with iinet. And it got worse when I moved house a few years back.

It got to the point where I was almost deranged with anger about the appalling customer serviced and broken promises. Was all out of a call centre in Perth.

And then, as I was at the point of absolutely cracking it on the phone, I got put through to a guy called Lance at their Cape Town call centre.

He made everything work. He kept in contact. He made sure the right tech people got in touch with me when they said they would. He applied generous credits.

Basically his actions and his desire to get it working wiped away a crap experience.

But he had the power and authority to fix things and make stuff happen.

Been good ever since. Had to call them a couple of months ago - got the same Cape Town call centre - and they fixed me up again.

Lance was still working there.... made sure I passed on my regards!

There is nothing really wrong with their technical help. It is mainly the organisation and processes. They send all equipment via a third party called LAN1. Those guys are hopeless. My package, after sitting in the courier's Sydney warehouse all week, has now been returned to sender, even after being advised directly by iiNet support of the correct address. LAN1 simply did not act on the advice provided by iiNet and authorise the change of address. Then I get this "I am so sorry, but we can order another and you will have to wait another 5 business days to get it." So frustrated I cancelled my order.

I so much want to tell them to **** off, but that would cause me more grief trying to find a replacement, not to mention the expense of a new connection and 15-20 days without access.

Funny thing is, the forums are full of bad experiences with just about every provider - TPG and iPrimus worst of all.

I have decided to buy my own high speed dual band modem and hope to Christ I can get it to work on the iiNet network.

But, after being a loyal customer for over 6 years, I now refuse to recommend them to anyone. Not that iiNet cares. I expect it is appropriate to feel somewhat kindly towards our major sponsor, but these guys are just plain un-caring arrogant c&*ts. I wish the club would find another.

I switched to iinet from Optus a few years ago. Was able to upgrade to adsl2 as Optus were barred from Telstras DSLAMS at that exchange.

I've never had to deal with their customer service because the product has been faultless.

So here we are 5 years later and iiNet is still our sponsor. Interesting to note, reading back through this, is that one of the worst alternative, TPG, has since bought the company. After these posts, I found the tech service dropped off dramatically. The call centres in SA and NZ closed down and wait time increases to up to 12 hours.

I have since moved house and blew up with iiNet during the transfer. A perfect time to dump them. Ended up with Telstra Cable Broadband and never has a problem.

Was recently forced to transfer over to NBN as Telstra was stopping their cable service. What I had had to accept was a hybrid Fibre-cable option. This meant Fibre was connect to a hub down the street (could have been miles away for all I know) and hooked up to the cable running into the house. They simply sent me a new modem and I plugged it into the existing cable/foxtel port in the wall.

What I found frustrating was the difference in knowledge and understanding of what Tesltra was providing between those on the chat lines, and the techs and billing people. One offers an attractive bundle, another says they don't offer that. I had one dick in India who swore to me that there was no NBN100 service, even though it was in black and white on their web site. IN truth, it is only the NBN50 with a premium speed boost.

After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I finally got what I wanted which was the NBN 100. Speedtest puts top speed at over 100Mb/s
and all is running smoothly.

Have virtually no trouble at all, either with the earlier cable broadband or the current hybrid fibre/cable.

I may pay a few dollars more than TPG/iNet but changing over to a company with such a bad rep is simply not worth the trouble. OK, I know Telstra has pissed off a lot of customers, too. But they have been good to me.

Still prefer the cable. I don't trust the NBN capacity once everyone is converted.

General question - has anyone else been pressured to get off ADSL/2?

I moved house at the start of the year and ported my iiNet service over. I had NBN50 (FTTN) and it ran faultlessly but porting over was a ****ing disaster. Previous owner hadn’t disconnected from Telstra and there was all sorts of ****ery getting set up on ADSL2 while I waited for NBN again. Switch from South African to S E Asian call centres was big difference.

NBN came through in June. FTTC this time so I went NBN100 for work and the streaming habit we’ve developed and again flawless product. Worked straight out of the box and speeds as advertised.

On the other hand, my employer struck an enterprise deal with TPG three years ago. I work in medical imaging; our clinics move terabytes of data daily so we have fibre pulled to all our sites and run 200MBPs at most. Poor to deal with, utterly inflexible, can’t meet a deadline. I have a new site opening next week and I’m using the local NBN trunk because TPG couldn’t get a cable pulled in with 18 months notice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back