• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
After enjoying the highs and lows of the Essendon saga I was wondering what other major events in the last 10+ years you’d have liked to have on Bigfooty for. Here’s a shortlist, in chronological order, and the reasoning behind wanting to have experienced it.

1. Circa March 2002 – King Carey: Banging best mates wife at a party, where another mate walks in on them. Gold. It has all the elements, a top 3 player of all time and sex. Would be great fun, except for the fact that Norf have no fans and as a result no one to argue with on the bigfooty.

2. Circa Sept 2002 – Carlton’s Paper Bags: The initial rumours start that Carlton have been breaching the salary cap and will be penalised. Shock when the extant of the penalties were revealed. The lol’s that would have resulted when we found out that it was because Stephen O’Reilly dobbed them in (after receiving bags of cash himself).

3. Circa Sept 2007 – 119: Port fans finally seeing the premiership dreams come true, before being crushed so cruelly. Would have been fun for a while but then would be over it after it moves on to just another South Australian shit fight. Would probably be the highlight for Crows fans.

4. Circa March 2007 – The Ben Cousins saga: A legend of the Eagles, pictures of him shirtless in cuffs, rumours of the a drug problem, the story that his GF found him and Chickie coked up with naked models before calling the club. Just call me the new Lance Uppercut as I post continuously that Benny is a choir boy and innocent of all charges!

5. Jack Watts

Feel free to nominate other occasions.

3. Circa Sept 2004 – 119: Port fans finally seeing the premiership dreams come true, before being crushed so cruelly. Would have been fun for a while but then would be over it after it moves on to just another South Australian shit fight. Would probably be the highlight for Crows fans.
September 2004 was our first AFL premiership you dropkick.

:rolleyes:

I remember when Carey got busted...but I was like he is the King and he can have anyone he wants.

True story.

I also wish I was here for the North chicken scandal. Now if there is ever a trial by media that was it.
Scandalous stuff. Should have sacked the club for it.

The Carlton Salary Cap scandal would have sent this place into meltdown but I don't think the Bay was even around back then.

Dissapointed I was on another forum during the St Kilda schoolgirl/Ricky Nixon era. Would have been soooooooooooooooooooo much fun around here.

Not for St Kilda supporters.:(

The Shane Woewodin Brownlow night would have provided some lol's. The one Melbourne supporter here would have been flying leading into the Grannie before crashing faster than a junkie who misses his next hit.

The Carlton Salary Cap scandal would have sent this place into meltdown but I don't think the Bay was even around back then.
.:(

When was Carltons cheating 1999/2000?? Bay wasn't around, BF was a barren wasteland before AA went on a recruiting mission to pull people in to the site. Been here for all the above events, but too hard to compare.

When was Carltons cheating 1999/2000?? Bay wasn't around, BF was a barren wasteland before AA went on a recruiting mission to pull people in to the site. Been here for all the above events, but too hard to compare.

Carlton got busted at the end of the 2002 season for the breaches. First year of missed picks was in that draft as a result. If a thriving bay had been around it would have been excellent. For scandals to really work you need them to happen to a club with a big and vocal supporter base.

Back