Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

From everything he has stated, he's not desperate at all.

I think his offers have also reflected that. Seems to be stirring everyone up by backing up his public statements.

Unsure how many times he needs to publicly repeat that he wont sell the farm to move up to Pick 7 or 8 OR Pick 1.

We are in a very strong position, we don't need to get reamed in two separate deals to give up that position.

I'd prefer 15,17,18 over Pick 8 personally.
Let’s see what he ends up giving.

He’s put two offers out there already and they have improved significantly. We are still one month out from the draft so his real offer will come in the last day or so before it. There’s no reason to do anything else. If we hear he’s put another offer in front of the eagles before then, it’s a sure sign he’s willing to pony up significant collateral to get his man.

Tim Kelly named the club he wanted to go to.

The best Geelong could get was 14, 18, 24 and 37.

When a player requests a trade the club losing the player has no leverage unless they are contracted. Even then, the player names the club so even with leverage they still get where they want.

In 5 years when Reid requests a trade to Geelong, you’ll get whatever Geelong can give at that time.

Reid will never get a pick 2 in a trade once you draft him. And on the off chance he nominates a club that holds pick 2, you won’t get anymore.
The best they could get? It was huge overs at the time and remains huge overs today.

North should be trading their three late firsts for another top ten pick. On trade this pick and pick 2 or 3 for Reid.
Mike Myers No GIF

Listen to Cal Twomey he is the draft guru.
It would take a lot for the pick to move (not teen picks)
It is North's Stuff up that they won the last game and lost the first pick and first access to Reid.
Another bad decision by North and unlike the AFl who are obligated to help you out we are under no obligation to be charitable.

With due respect to the Roo's stuff up, how bad of a potential stuff up could that WC win against the Bulldogs have been?

Mind blowingly stupid stuff, but then again Simmo didn't give a shite about WC at the time because he thought he was goneski.

Fair to say there were plenty of WC happy clappers after this win banging on about how important having a win was for the club (most of those being the ones that now want 2,3 at a minimum for 1) and it would be interesting how they would have consoled themselves with pick 3 overall if the Roo's hadn't won the last.

I don't think that this thread can move along until someone does some simultaneous equations.

Melbourne's proposed trade with North: 6, 14, F1 = 3, F19
Melbourne's Trade with GC: 14, 27, 35 = 11
Melbourne's offer to WC: 6, 11, F1, 42 = 1
North's trade with GC: F19 = 18

Rearranging all this

1 = 3, 18, 27, 35, 42

Make of that what you will.
This would look great as a lottery ticket

North and WC bundle 15, 17 and 23 to Geelong or GWS for Pick 8 or 7.

WC - Pick 2, 7/8
NM - Pick 1
Cats wont move 8 until draft night and Sanders is gone so best to deal with GWS before Nov 10

Maybe keep WC #23 for ourselves and give the GWS our F2

WC- Pick 2, 7
NM- Pick 1 & 23.

And go into the draft with 1,3, 18 and 23...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not NM trade 15,17,18 for pick 7-8 take 2 mids and key defender? I mean thats what i would want over pick 1
Why not incremental trading?

Trade 15 & 18 to St Kilda for 13 & 21

Then trade 13 & 17 to Geelong for 8 & 25

Then 3 & 21 to Melbourne for 6 & 11

And finally, 2, 6 &11 to West Coast for 1, 23 & 37

Leaves North with 1, 8, 23, 25 & 37

FWIW, North would hold 2, 6, 8, 11 & 25 before the West Coast trade, which is the point at which I'd stop.

I don't think Geelong or Melbourne agree to those trades either but it reduces the gaps North have to climb with each step.

FWIW, North would hold 2, 6, 8, 11 & 25 before the West Coast trade, which is the point at which I'd stop.

I don't think Geelong or Melbourne agree to those trades either but it reduces the gaps North have to climb with each step.
If Geelong trade 8 it will be to Adelaide for 10 and one of 14 or 20. Forget North.

You know what I really dislike. When you try to get multiple teams to the table when all you need to do is bend over and take it.

Stop asking wce to move a single inch.

It's not hard you have 15,16,17 to offer Geelong
Why are Geelong taking these picks though? It's like asking us to take them.

Not all those trades are balanced, but I think that is basically what we will be trying to do. ie. shuffle our picks to the best place to take the players we are keen on. If we could find a way to get to something like 2, 6, 8, 11, 25 seems ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back