HUME LEAGUE -2013

Remove this Banner Ad

kevin baldale

Debutant
Nov 27, 2010
baldale
AFL Club
St Kilda
Time for this seasons thread -News at Howlong with signings of Pete Hancock from Lavington a very capable ruckman with good foot skills and 19 year old Nick Shelley returning home after 2 senior seasons at Corowa.

I'm running out of letters in the alphabet I mean CBHDU had best numbers for first night:thumbsu::thumbsu: Goodluck building up out there

any news around the league. I've heard there is some unrest out at howlong way.with some locals not to happy with certain locals following farrugia over to rutherglen. have on good authority that a couple of the maggies recruits have returned to lavi. guess you can't pay your way out of culture. word from league that they will be closely monitoring all clubs points with a certain few attracting particular interest. what actually becomes of this remains to be seen.

any news around the league. I've heard there is some unrest out at howlong way.with some locals not to happy with certain locals following farrugia over to rutherglen. have on good authority that a couple of the maggies recruits have returned to lavi. guess you can't pay your way out of culture. word from league that they will be closely monitoring all clubs points with a certain few attracting particular interest. what actually becomes of this remains to be seen.

The league is full of hot air! They will not do anything more the monitor the points, if a club steps out of line - they will turn a blind eye or give them an exception to the rule for a made up reason..

Im hearing that the saints have signed James Breen? has anyone heard the same or can confirm or deny?
NOP who r u boys shaping up with ur new too hot to trot coach?

yeah
The league is full of hot air! They will not do anything more the monitor the points, if a club steps out of line - they will turn a blind eye or give them an exception to the rule for a made up reason..

Im hearing that the saints have signed James Breen? has anyone heard the same or can confirm or deny?
NOP who r u boys shaping up with ur new too hot to trot coach?

travelling alright getting great number to training. added some much needed depth which will be our strength. like most clubs recruiting top liners has been difficult but the players we have added will be more than handy. hopefully finalize our recruits in the next week or so then all will be revealed. won't have the amount of top line talent like the likes of holbrook but our next tier to mid range we will have plenty of depth. all signs so far lead me to think Tex will be a very good coach

Can we get a run down of gains/losses from each club? Who are the big players in the off season? Obviously Holbrook have got a big fish with Doswell but I haven't heard a lot else. Apparently BB and Jindera have both signed plenty but I haven't heard a lot of names?

Jindera apparantelly signed Leroy Egglemolesse(not sure on spelling). Huge signing if true as he trained with essendon at the start of the 2012 season. Any truth in it NOP ?

Jindera apparantelly signed Leroy Egglemolesse(not sure on spelling). Huge signing if true as he trained with essendon at the start of the 2012 season. Any truth in it NOP ?
yeah ive heard that, im away at the moment but has been in the pipeline for a while. was invited to train with essendon as apart of an indigenous program. by all reports is very handy. attracted a bit of attention from a number of other clubs in the region.

Any m
yeah ive heard that, im away at the moment but has been in the pipeline for a while. was invited to train with essendon as apart of an indigenous program. by all reports is very handy. attracted a bit of attention from a number of other clubs in the region.
any more signing NOP ? Arrivals of walker,cassidy and Egglemosse surely offsets the departures of congram and Sibraa.
What's everyone's numbers at training ? I've heard Murray magpies are only getting between 10 to 15.

Any many more signing NOP ? Arrivals of walker,cassidy and Egglemosse surely offsets the departures of congram and Sibraa.
What's everyone's numbers at training ? I've heard Murray magpies are only getting between 10 to 15.

I've been told BBCrows have been averaging between 25-30 each session with a lot of the younger brigade burning the track up. Can anyone inform with how walla are traveling? Have got a good coach for improving the junior side of things. Have they got any new recruit seem to be hearing nothing from over that way.

wonder if anyone as heard anything from the lions den. apart from hamblin I've heard nothing but departures. the list includes; gilson. logue baker fruean Taylor gardiner liesckie thorneycroft stroh may have missed a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been told BBCrows have been averaging between 25-30 each session with a lot of the younger brigade burning the track up. Can anyone inform with how walla are traveling? Have got a good coach for improving the junior side of things. Have they got any new recruit seem to be hearing nothing from over that way.

crows could be a finals smoky have from good authority that Daniel smallwood formally of lockhart heading further west.

Anyone hearing how the boxheads from Walla are shaping up? Even the Maggots get more press than them these days now Relton has left.:D

wonder if anyone as heard anything from the lions den. apart from hamblin I've heard nothing but departures. the list includes; gilson. logue baker fruean Taylor gardiner liesckie thorneycroft stroh may have missed a few.

You can add, Mitchell ( Brendan), Heuske, Robinson, Schulz. They have picked up a few from Wagga way but other than that, I think it could be a lean year for the lions.

you can add young finlayson to that list as well.
if it is the case culcairn could be in some froff and bubble. those losses are on the scale to what we lost last year but we had some dept in the reserves and some handy thirds of which culcairn have struggled with.

Where are all these blokes from Cul going?

I could be wrong but this is what ive heard
Gilson, Logue- Thurgoona (surprise,surprise!)
Baker- Corowa??
Fruean- Retired (apparently, still be chased by a few clubs)
Taylor, Mitchell- over seas
Gardiner- Qld (work??)
Lieschke- Nth Albury
Thorneycroft- ???, heard he broke his ankle??
Stroh, Heuske- Followed Klemke back to Henty
Schulz- work commitments
Finlayson- GWS scholarship
Robinson- Albury
Maksymow-???
I can say that Brent "Wishy" Barber is staying on. He is about the only loyal bloke left at the club by all reports. Legend.

Big news coming out of Howlong is that the mayor of the town Karl Jacka had a run in with troy cooper that ended in blows. He will now not play under him ( possibly a move to rutherglen ) Also upset Stephen church who has now gone to wodonga saints.
Can anyone confirm this ???? Maybe bottletop bills ??

Big news coming out of Howlong is that the mayor of the town Karl Jacka had a run in with troy cooper that ended in blows. He will now not play under him ( possibly a move to rutherglen ) Also upset Stephen church who has know gone to wodonga saints.
Can anyone confirm this ???? Maybe bottletop bills ??

interesting I hear similar story but good on Churchie moving to a club(saints) that has been battling for years unlike other blokes going to sides full of talent.... That takes balls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back