Ill take a stab at it...

B: Farrugia Koeler Wilson
HB: Fruen Murphy McKimmie
C: Baker Schilg Bloomfield
HF: Wilson Gleeson Castles
F: Charlton-White Barnes Guest
Fol: Glanville Nicholson Munson
I/C: Palmer Storey Gardiner

I would have left some people out and playing people out of position so pick it apart...

Maybe a few more from jindera, Jay Banks from Howlong i would have thought. Not sure on Nicholson, Wilson. What about Barber ( Cul ), Gooden (osb ), Duel ( Jind )?????

At this point I rate the (BB saints) Storey higher then Glanville but only time will tell. But besides that it looks pretty good.

Having never seen BB Storey play a proper game as yet I put Storey without clarifying whether Jindera or BB so make it whoever you would like. Glanville as runner up in the Azzi gets the nod I think now Whiterod is gone

Maybe a few more from jindera, Jay Banks from Howlong i would have thought. Not sure on Nicholson, Wilson. What about Barber ( Cul ), Gooden (osb ), Duel ( Jind )?????

Would probably swap Nicolson to bench Gooden for Palmer. Did think bout Duel but Wilson from Henty is also a class player in an average side, just gave him the nod.

Would probably swap Nicolson to bench Gooden for Palmer. Did think bout Duel but Wilson from Henty is also a class player in an average side, just gave him the nod.

Yeah Nicolson a bit past it i think, Gooden been one of the best midfielders in comp over last few years. Duel silky skills, would give him the nod easily over wilson. Who is the other wilson in back line? Heard on the vine that Dedini from Howlong can play a bit

Yeah Nicolson a bit past it i think, Gooden been one of the best midfielders in comp over last few years. Duel silky skills, would give him the nod easily over wilson. Who is the other wilson in back line? Heard on the vine that Dedini from Howlong can play a bit

Kirk Wilson from Jindera maybe?

Fair Point PP, like I said I still think Jindera for top 2 or 3, just not outright flag favourties. The Garland boys and Castles can all really play but I don't know the other 2 names, are they top liners? Where they from?

Also when you list Culcairns midfielders like above and think they have 2 quality power forwards they may be pretty hard to beat too. Looking like a pretty solid season ahead. Good luck to all.

Chamings and Mcpherson are from nth albury, both played seniors there. will both be very good players

Ill take a stab at it...

B: Farrugia Koeler Wilson
HB: Fruen Murphy McKimmie
C: Baker Schilg Bloomfield
HF: Wilson Gleeson Castles
F: Charlton-White Barnes Guest
Fol: Glanville Nicholson Munson
I/C: Palmer Storey Gardiner

I would have left some people out and playing people out of position so pick it apart...

B: Fruen Murphy Wilson
HB: M Clarke Koeler McKimmie
C: chammings Schilg Bloomfield
HF: Munson Donnan Gilson(cul)
F: Barnse castles Guest
Fol: Gleeson gooden Duel
I/C: Palmer Glanville Gardiner
a bit biased with chamings as i have seen him train and he look fantastic,reckon he might be the recruit of the year,farrugia maybe stiff but from the couple of games i seen at albury didnt really impress me much,but we can all have bad games.players that are hard done by i think are (Jind) Wightman,Cassidy. (How)Nicho,Banks (hol)Palmer. (cul) baker,charlton-white,Hutchins.(BB)storey. (henty)wilson,wiseman. (osb)Parr. (Lock)smallwood.the other sides i know nothin about .

Think the lions will be without Sam Schulz for most of the year. Fairly certain he is playing for Murray Bushrangers & is also in NSW/ACT Rams.

Hard to see BB improving enough to finish ahead of Jindera & Culcairn.
Didn't know that about Sam, gun player and will be a big loss for the boys in maroon.

My post about BB making the grand final, it is probably more hope than anything else.

And I've noticed no one has been game enough to have a crack at the margins so i'll give it a go, only probably to be shot down tomorrow night.

Lockhart v Osborne by 73
Walla v RW Tigers by 80
Jindera v Holbrook by 48
Coleambally v CDHBU by 17
B Crows v Magpies who knows? but for heresay ill say crows by 5
Culcairn v Howlong by 13
Henty v BB Saints by 68

Thoughts?

osborne by 34
r/w by 57
jindera by 39
coly by 32
magpies by 44
howl by 7
bb saints bt 18

Lockhart v Osborne by 52
Walla v RW Tigers by 67
Jindera v Holbrook by 33
Coleambally v CDHBU by 22
B Crows v Magpies 12
Culcairn v Howlong by 25
Henty v BB Saints by 48

Lockhart v Osborne by 52
Walla v RW Tigers by 67
Jindera v Holbrook by 33
Coleambally v CDHBU by 22
B Crows v Magpies 12
Culcairn v Howlong by 25
Henty v BB Saints by 48

Coly by 16
Jindera by 52
Tigers by 119
Saints by 44
Cul by 9
Magpies by 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice reality check for the saints yesterday, with henty getting up by a point....

Looks like bb saints need to pull their heads in. obviously they think they are better than they are or became complacent against what they thought would be a crap side. good to see henty get up for the first game, good for the locals after last year. andy wilson again is going to be a star.

Looks like bb saints need to pull their heads in. obviously they think they are better than they are or became complacent against what they thought would be a crap side. good to see henty get up for the first game, good for the locals after last year. andy wilson again is going to be a star.
BB Saints boys did not show signs of bigheadedness, they may have been surprised by Henty's hunger and pressure.It will take the Saints a while to gel together and their list suggest they will improve a lot.Henty will push a lot of sides this year, no stars just honest players and good kids giving their supporters everything theyve got.And yes Andrew Wilson is a star...;)

BB Saints boys did not show signs of bigheadedness, they may have been surprised by Henty's hunger and pressure.It will take the Saints a while to gel together and their list suggest they will improve a lot.Henty will push a lot of sides this year, no stars just honest players and good kids giving their supporters everything theyve got.And yes Andrew Wilson is a star...;)

any injury concerns for anyone, out of round 1?

I heard that glanville went off in the 4th for the saints, also got told it must be pretty bad for the big falla to leave the ground during the game. does anyone know what the problem is there, or if its serious?

Interesting first round with a few upsets. Be interesting later in the season if the losses to Culcairn and BB saints will have an affect on their top 2 aspirations. I know last year that it was real tight at the top and any slip up gave another side the advantage.
Big Round this week with Jindera travelling to Osborne (only won there once in the past 32 years), Culcairn to Rand (Culcairn could be looking at an 0 and 2 start, R/W on the other hand can go 2-0 ) and Lockhart to Howlong. BIG round of footy coming up!!

Jindera 18.15 (123) def Holbrook 3.5 (23)
Coleambally 18.16 (124) def CDHBU 5.6 (36)
Culcairn 12.8 (80) def by Howlong 12.13 (85)
Henty 10.11 (71) def BB Saints 9.16 (70)
Lockhart 8.13 (61) def by Osborne 13.11 (89)
Billabong Crows 6.7 (43) def by M Magpies 11.11 (77)
Walla 7.4 (46) def by RW Tigers 25.10 (160)

Ok i'm going to try and get some discussion going by placing my tips for this weekends round. Note there is some bias and most of it is uneducated guesswork.
Osborne v Jindera (Cracker of a game i'm tipping the Dogs with a lot of bias, i just think we're ready to win one at Osborne.)

R/W v Culcairn (danger game for Culcairn with matches v Lockhart away and Jindera to come, must win but i think the tigers will sneak home)

Holbrook CDHBU (Holbrook well coached tried a full field press on Jindera lastweek which worked for a half will have a different planthis weekand will get the bikkies at home.)

Magpies v Walla (magpies no walla no magpies no walla flip a coin)

Howlong v Lockhart (Howlong in good form so them by 5 or 6)

BB Saints v Coleambally ( Colleambally usually switch off about Morundah when on the road so bb Saints will win)

Crows v Henty ( Henty will push for 6 or 7th spot this year and should win)

There my picks if you don't like them bad luck have a go yourself

Ok i'm going to try and get some discussion going by placing my tips for this weekends round. Note there is some bias and most of it is uneducated guesswork.
Osborne v Jindera (Cracker of a game i'm tipping the Dogs with a lot of bias, i just think we're ready to win one at Osborne.)

R/W v Culcairn (danger game for Culcairn with matches v Lockhart away and Jindera to come, must win but i think the tigers will sneak home)

Holbrook CDHBU (Holbrook well coached tried a full field press on Jindera lastweek which worked for a half will have a different planthis weekand will get the bikkies at home.)

BB Saints v Coleambally ( Colleambally usually switch off about Morundah when on the road so bb Saints will win)

Osborne by 1 goal Jindera will be up and running early and usually takes osb 4 or 5 games to get into swing but will want to send a msg early and will just hang on up there

R/W by 2 goals. Will be fitter side and overrun them to send cul 0 and 2

Holbrook by 9 goals ran into red hot jindera but will be far to good at home

Magpies by 6 goals walla got some good players but fall away badly maggies just a bit more depth

Howlong by 7 goals very strong at home, their forwards will dominate

Saints by 13 goals
will be very keen to bounce back strongly. Big names will shine

Henty 6 goals crows stronger at home but young henty players will get confidence from good win over bb

Hows your Dim sim sales going PP. Good tipping i will follow you on them as well

Jindera are due to win out there and will by 11pts
good test for rand/walb after last week against walla, they will find this tougher and will lose by 24 pts.
Holbrook by 34 points.
Howlong in a close one against lockhart by 17 points.
Bb saints will win but i think coly will push them all the way, with the saints running away in the last quarter for a 29 point win.
Murray magpies to beat walla by 27 points
henty to comfortably defeat the crows by 62 points...
Good luck to all sides

Has McKelvie left Osborne?

Border Mail quotes Munson today saying that he is still playing, but again he is not named and Munson openly says he isnt sure when he will be back. I guess it will probably be a week by week thing. This week Jindera are the 'lucky' ones who will not have to compete against him (still the toughest trip in the hume league though). Whether next weeks opponent is equally 'lucky' time will tell i suppose. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back