Hot Water Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Chamber JJJ

Debutant
Feb 28, 2023
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand no Hot Water coming through vanity bathroom sink to wash hand just cold i have cold tap off. The Shower and bathtub taps hot water works fine when turned on. The strange thing if i turn on the bathtub hot tap first let it run hot and then turn Hot Water coming through vanity bathroom sink it works. Once i turn off the bathtub taps hot water the vanity bathroom sink taps hot water goes cold. I look at Hot Water System Rheem Pronto noticed the gas click light up and heat when bathtub taps hot water is on. The vanity bathroom sink hot tap when turned on by itself Rheem Pronto noticed the gas click light up then click off and again then a red light with green light appears. I replaced the hot water system 3 times same issue with Hot Water.

I don't understand no Hot Water coming through vanity bathroom sink to wash hand just cold i have cold tap off. The Shower and bathtub taps hot water works fine when turned on. The strange thing if i turn on the bathtub hot tap first let it run hot and then turn Hot Water coming through vanity bathroom sink it works. Once i turn off the bathtub taps hot water the vanity bathroom sink taps hot water goes cold. I look at Hot Water System Rheem Pronto noticed the gas click light up and heat when bathtub taps hot water is on. The vanity bathroom sink hot tap when turned on by itself Rheem Pronto noticed the gas click light up then click off and again then a red light with green light appears. I replaced the hot water system 3 times same issue with Hot Water.

Stupid question; but have you paid an actual plumber to look at it?

Stupid question; but have you paid an actual plumber to look at it?
Well the plumber has been several times from Rheem under warranty just keep happening works beautiful if you in the bathtub washing hand. I noticed outside heater working and feel hot. The Vanity tap when hot tap on i noticed the heater feels cold and trying to lit then again then you get a red light with the green. I might just go with different company Rinnai but it another so called energy efficiency Continuous Flow Water Heaters that possibly doesn't heat up as well. I just find this all strange works having a shower or bath weak flow for kitchen but works after a while. The Vanity tap has issues heating up and Laundry tap heat up but washing machine will not wash if washing with warm or hot water as it say not enough water coming through.

Well the plumber has been several times from Rheem under warranty just keep happening works beautiful if you in the bathtub washing hand. I noticed outside heater working and feel hot. The Vanity tap when hot tap on i noticed the heater feels cold and trying to lit then again then you get a red light with the green. I might just go with different company Rinnai but it another so called energy efficiency Continuous Flow Water Heaters that possibly doesn't heat up as well. I just find this all strange works having a shower or bath weak flow for kitchen but works after a while. The Vanity tap has issues heating up and Laundry tap heat up but washing machine will not wash if washing with warm or hot water as it say not enough water coming through.
These heaters have a flow rate detector. If it doesn't think any water is flowing it won't maintain the flame.

From Amazon:

My Rheem tankless water heater stopped putting out hot water. I called Rheem and they said I would need a new flow sensor and sent me the link to this flow sensor. I replaced the part in 5 minutes and viola, hot water back in the house and the wife was happy again. This flow sensor was a perfect replacement for the original and only $18. I can't imagine what a plumber would have charged to do the same job. I imagine these sensors go out every so often so I will be buying another to have on hand for whenever that happens.

These heaters have a flow rate detector. If it doesn't think any water is flowing it won't maintain the flame.

From Amazon:

My Rheem tankless water heater stopped putting out hot water. I called Rheem and they said I would need a new flow sensor and sent me the link to this flow sensor. I replaced the part in 5 minutes and viola, hot water back in the house and the wife was happy again. This flow sensor was a perfect replacement for the original and only $18. I can't imagine what a plumber would have charged to do the same job. I imagine these sensors go out every so often so I will be buying another to have on hand for whenever that happens.
Mine is Rheem Pronto 12 you think page 27 - 30 on the manual COMMISSIONING might do the trick on page 25 shows flow sensor so not sure which to buy..

Mine is Rheem Pronto 12 you think page 27 - 30 on the manual COMMISSIONING might do the trick on page 25 shows flow sensor so not sure which to buy..

Looks like that is your problem/solution. The plumber probably hasn't done all the right checks. You could monitor what's happening by following the sequence of turning on taps and watching the flame ignite. You would need another person to help turning on the taps while you watch the ignition sequence.

A Reece outlet should be able to help with the correct part but I'd be giving the plumber and Rheem customer service a blast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back