Horsham District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't really say Pimpinio are stuffed they were a few years ago and look at them now one stage back then they were close to folding, who would Natimuk merge with? doubt pimpinio wanna merge with Natimuk and doubt Noradjuah-Quantong wanna merge with Nati either

Re: Horsham District FL could expand to 11 clubs

i found this Article on the back page of the Wimmera mail times about edenhope-Apsley wants to join the HDFL in 2007

the district leagues executives says its a good idea now they need for clubs to agree would bring in a bye depending what Natimuk dose in the future merge fold or what ever, Edenhope-Apsley could be a handy inclusion their not far no futhter then Harrow-Balmoral towns are :thumbsu:

All | Afl | Other

You're welcome
Megan Hustwaite
Friday, 16 June 2006

AN EDENHOPE-APSLEY Football Club proposal to join Horsham District Football League has won the backing of the Horsham league's executive.

League chairman Grant Kuchel said informal talks between the parties had been positive and promising.

He said his league executive would back the move but would need direction from 10 member clubs.

Mr Kuchel emphasised Edenhope-Apsley, part of Kowree-Naracoorte-Tatiara Football League, had yet to make a formal approach.

"If our 10 clubs agree, we'd more than welcome them with open arms," he said. "We've spoken about this at board level and the response was very positive. Our next step now is to canvas the clubs for their opinion and I'm confident we will receive their

support."

Mr Kuchel said the club would have to officially signal its intentions to the league, but a move could be made in time for the 2007 season.

"I couldn't see why not, we're only half way through this year so there's a fair bit of time to go," he said. "I've seen clubs move leagues in a matter of weeks, there's not a lot to be done."

He acknowledged that travel and club uniforms were also factors.

"We believe there is room in the league for another team, it would create a bye but from all reports most clubs would enjoy a week off during the season," he said. "Travel is not an issue because Edenhope and Apsley are no further away than Harrow. From

early discussions the club has signalled that it would like to split its games between Edenhope and Apsley.

"We've also informed them that they'd have to change their jumpers because currently they have the Port Adelaide strip as do Stawell Swifts, and they are willing to co-operate."

Edenhope-Apsley president Neville Forster said the move would assure the club's future and chances of retaining local players.

"We're pretty keen. We think we can be competitive in Horsham District League, but nothing will happen without the sanction of our members," he said.

"We've got a lot of local kids who go to school in Ballarat or Melbourne or work in Horsham; we'd be mainly looking to retain players and increase our chances of recruiting new players.

"We don't believe in spending big money to get players, we'd prefer to retain our local players. There will be a lot more discussion, but we believe it would be a positive move for the future."

wouldn't KNTFL clubs have to give their approval ? thats what happen to Brim when merging with Warracknabeal end of 2000 season had to get the approval from other Mallee league clubs, or we would have folded and started up again
so luckly they agreeded . i think a bye be good for teams to have a week off and rest their injured players

It's pretty nice and symmetrical at the moment, with everyone playing each other once with 18 rounds, adding another would add that little bit too much as far as season length is concerned or else you could keep the season the same length and miss out playing a team or two twice.

Would it make a final 6 too? Would make more sense especially compared with the situation in the Wimmera League where more teams are in the finals than out of it.

I think teams like Great Western, Noradjuha-Quantong and Taylors Lake that are forming a logjam for 5th would appreciate the extra spot.

i heard talk about Jeparit-Rainbow and Hopetoun wants to come down
either wimmera or Hdfl would be handy for district league if Natimuk folds in the next few years

Interested to see how Joel Hinch's return to Pimpinio has been this year. Did he play interleague. Was in the Wimmera most of last year and was impressed by his form in the Wimmera League. Seemed to relish playing at a higher level.

news in from yesterdays harrow-balmoral vs noradjua-quantong game that noradjuhas playing coach adrian heard punched a harrow-balmoral official in the face!!! can anyone confirm this...

Grimmett said:
Outstanding rumour! Any confirmation as yet?

can confirm this, was talkin to a noradjuha-quantong player after the match and heard definately punched the harrow-balmoral runner in the cheek/nose

will be interesting to see the league deal with this kind of issue, how many weeks he could get

bomber_42 said:
can confirm this, was talkin to a noradjuha-quantong player after the match and heard definately punched the harrow-balmoral runner in the cheek/nose

will be interesting to see the league deal with this kind of issue, how many weeks he could get
Any action taken?
What are the big games this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Natimuk didn't score a goal on weekend?
Is a record for 1sts footy in the league, prob not?
but is unusual, was the weather a bit rough??

It bucketed down at Harrow!
Interesting results from last weekend too. Pimp and Laharum going down. Very interesting end to the season coming perhaps.

Latest HDFL match reviews now available on the Ararat FNC website. Located in the Footy Focus – Final Siren news article. Scroll down past the WFL reviews to find the HDFL stuff.
The website is operational again so match previews and reviews should be uploaded regularly.

http://araratfc.vcfl.com.au

Jeparit/Rainbow staying put in The Mallee football league, beulah was a nother rumor got squashed their staying put in the Mallee league

Guys last year i played against great western lions and in the second half this guy absoulutly dominated at cHF, kicked 4 and nearly won them the game off his own boot, since that day i have looked in the record to see how many more this gun would kick yet havent seen the name. His name was brendan Mannix, does he still play and why havent i seen him kick a heap more goals

2006 final venues are Quantong, Balmoral. Taylors Lake. Laharum. Great western this year they be using all wimmera goal umpire :)

What a showpiece for country football at the weekend, with Laharum thumping Natimuk by 341 points.
Scores 53.26 to 0.3
Ouch!!!!

Wonder how long before Natimuk either Folds or Mergers can't see clubs getting smashed by 30-50 goals a week,

even dimboola kicked 42 goals in the wimmera & Horsham kicked 30

Natimuk has taken over the role of Easy beats from Pimpinio they were close to fold but lucky they are no longer easy beata
can't see Natimuk being quite so Lucky, they be like Gerang kiata soon
they won't get many new recuits while their getting belted week in and week out

MasterOfRoc said:
reserves had a 40 odd goal win too

even U16s won comfortably
Things really do seem to be down at Nati??
Its been that way since i played them back in 2000..
I know its been asked before, but is there any talks of them either merging, folding, or any speculation that they will again become competitive??

Sockit151 said:
Things really do seem to be down at Nati??
Its been that way since i played them back in 2000..
I know its been asked before, but is there any talks of them either merging, folding, or any speculation that they will again become competitive??
From what I have seen this year no. They are spending a lot of money on building up their facilities, with new changerooms to be ready by the start of next year.
I am not sure what the answer is for them, but it is going to be a long hard slog for them.

any of u guys hear abc radio coodabeen champions on sat morning
they had the guy whose the coach of rupanyup, panthers i think he said, before their game vs harrow-balmoral
must have been a few listening around the ground becoz when the coodabeens asked listeners to toot their car horns you got to hear plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back