NO TROLLS Homophobia in the AFL - 4 Corners

Remove this Banner Ad

"I know straight people that have had the same thing happen to them, isolated s**t situations happen

There is still some discrimination but for the most part it is on the rarer side"
It is possible that people just get randomly attacked and its possible people also get attacked for their sexuality.

Now if youre gay your chances of getting attacked just doubled.

We should certainly address both i would think.

It is possible that people just get randomly attacked and its possible people also get attacked for their sexuality.

Now if youre gay your chances of getting attacked just doubled.

We should certainly address both i would think.
And I'm disputing this, it's simply not that bloody frequent. Or if it is do you have stats?

People aren't just going around smashing people that often, of those that do, it's mostly random. Some might happen to be gay. There is discrimination, there will always be bad eggs, but it's not close to as frequent as is being suggested. There's literally nothing outlandish about this opinion either but the ever offended attack dogs can't figure it out

"I know straight people that have had the same thing happen to them, isolated s**t situations happen

There is still some discrimination but for the most part it is on the rarer side"
At best, you're being very naive

And I'm disputing this, it's simply not that bloody frequent. Or if it is do you have stats?

People aren't just going around smashing people that often, of those that do, it's mostly random. Some might happen to be gay. There is discrimination, there will always be bad eggs, but it's not close to as frequent as is being suggested. There's literally nothing outlandish about this opinion either but the ever offended attack dogs can't figure it out
I think your missing the point.

If i can be bashed for just being out but im not gonna be bashed for being gay then i only have one line of attack to be aware of.

If i can be bashed for just being out AND because some homophobe wants to bash me then i have two line of attacks to be concerned about.

Im not sure stats exist to prove me or your right but basic laws of probablity would suggest that hate crimes exist and therefore non straight/cis people are at a higher risk.

That wasn't even my quote ffs (I still agree with it). Read the bloody convo
If you agree with it, what's the difference? Same response

There are multiple sources for stats on this topic because it is a societal issue and is studied at universities worldwide.
The consensus is that LGBT people are roughly 9x more likely to be victims of violent crime.
I don't really think you're arguing this in good faith though.

I think your missing the point.

If i can be bashed for just being out but im not gonna be bashed for being gay then i only have one line of attack to be aware of.

If i can be bashed for just being out AND because some homophobe wants to bash me then i have two line of attacks to be concerned about.

Im not sure stats exist to prove me or your right but basic laws of probablity would suggest that hate crimes exist and therefore non straight/cis people are at a higher risk.
If your chances of a random attack are 1/10000
Hate crimes are not that frequent any more. They would make the news, especially in the current landscape. A gay person might face a 1/99999 probability

People aren't that bad for the most part. You guys just seriously wish the worst in society to prove some kind of agenda correct. Gay people are not discriminated against that much anymore (there will always be some bad eggs, grow up if you think otherwise. Prisons still exist for a reason), we have made tremendous progress

What you're saying is a 3 legged horse has a 50% chance of winning the Melbourne Cup. It either wins, or it doesn't. It's just not how risk or probability is to be calculated

Gay people are not discriminated against that much anymore (there will always be some bad eggs, grow up if you think otherwise.
I mean most of why you posted is complete garbage BUT this in particular deserves calling out.

Absolute bullshit.

Do straight people get attacked for being straight though?

And there's your difference.
probably not.

I know people that have been bashed for just walking down a street

Anyway I'm not trying to defer from the subject

If your chances of a random attack are 1/10000
Hate crimes are not that frequent any more. They would make the news, especially in the current landscape. A gay person might face a 1/99999 probability

People aren't that bad for the most part. You guys just seriously wish the worst in society to prove some kind of agenda correct. Gay people are not discriminated against that much anymore (there will always be some bad eggs, grow up if you think otherwise. Prisons still exist for a reason), we have made tremendous progress

What you're saying is a 3 legged horse has a 50% chance of winning the Melbourne Cup. It either wins, or it doesn't. It's just not how risk or probability is to be calculated
More dribble from you. You have zero idea about gay discrimination , you just make things up off the top of your head.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion, I was always thought footy players have to be a little bit gay to enjoy running around half naked, tackling other half naked men before playing towel flicks in the all male showers.
I got dacked a few times at footy for a laugh when I was a teen - pulling another blokes pants down to expose his willy is not the most hetero behaviour by people that are likely to describe something as gay and someone they don't like as a ****ter I would've thought.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Unpopular opinion, I was always thought footy players have to be a little bit gay to enjoy running around half naked, tackling other half naked men before playing towel flicks in the all male showers.
😉
Tbh, I think you'd have to be gay to think like that.

There was a surfer from Western Australia matt bransen.
He was the pinup bad boy for rusty surfboards/clothing.
Dropped off the scene after being stabbed multiple times and nearly dying in a nightclub in Sydney.

Remembers as a teen, group bashing gays at the Scarborough toilets on Saturday nights.
When he resurfaced publicly 20 years later, he was gay and chefing on the gold coast.

It's often the toughest homophobes that are hiding behind some warped smoke screen.

If I had 5c for every time a straight person was attacked for being straight, simply holding hands or kissing their partner in public, I'd still be waiting to have 5c to my name.
Isn't that a perfectly valid reason why AFL players choose to keep their private lives private, away from media and away from public scrutiny?

From all reports, their teammates and work colleagues know who their gay teammates are. It's no secret within the club walls. They are living their authentic true selves like gay people in other (low profile) workplaces.

They just don't want to be confronted or bashed by random psychos. They don't want their front door spray painted or have rocks thrown through their windows by homophobic bogan idiots. That's fair enough, eh? You would choose the same thing.

They're just not appeasing the media, nor the LGBT activists who want nothing more that AFL footballers to "lead the charge" and become LGBT spokesperson heroes in the public glare. Sorry. Too bad. They are footballers; not LGBT activists. Find yourselves some other poster boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back