NO TROLLS Homophobia in the AFL - 4 Corners

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely think the hysteria and “positive” attention is as big or bigger at stopping players being open as the shits that use it as an attack. The people that publicly do something homophobic will be the same or less than the racist remarks we still get. Upsetting, but something someone would have been prepared to deal with right now.

The completely over the top interviews and media bringing it up every time your name comes up would be much more of a deterrent if it was me personally

I genuinely think the hysteria and “positive” attention is as big or bigger at stopping players being open as the shits that use it as an attack. The people that publicly do something homophobic will be the same or less than the racist remarks we still get. Upsetting, but something someone would have been prepared to deal with right now.

The completely over the top interviews and media bringing it up every time your name comes up would be much more of a deterrent if it was me personally

Agreed. A gay player would simply like to go to the Brownlow with his partner, no one care that he is with a man instead of a woman and the fact he is gay does not get brought up when he is playing.

No one goes "What a mark from Hawkins, a real hero for the straight community"

Yep - it’d be exhausting I would imagine.

The usual suspects would be falling over themselves.

Kinda like when Robbo wrote this:
fmub44bejyf61.jpeg

Don't blame them for not coming out. Some supporters are so feral, could you imagine the abuse they would cop?

I've heard some pretty awful stuff directed the female umpires.
Spot on, I can not believe any AFL men’s player would come out as gay due to the abuse, neither should they it’s private.

Kinda like when Robbo wrote this:
He would have been good writing for Hard Copy.

"Inflation, interest rates, the economy. We asked 5 topless barmaids what they think."

Gordon Elliot. Gettin' those "Hey Dad" vibes.

gordonelliott.jpg

Agreed with the premise but hate the "woke" dog whistle for stuff we dont like lol

Its maddening how much celebration people expect for their sexuality though. Ffs the fact no one cares what you do in the bedroom is equality, that indifference people have is a good thing. Ssm voted in favour of, end the parades and celebrations, you have equality. But this lbgt seems to pick up even more steam now which is truly bizarre so is it equality or a pedestal people want?
You think LGBTQ people have equality just because they can get married now? Tell that to a mate who got jumped and bashed the other day just for walking down the street.

You think LGBTQ people have equality just because they can get married now? Tell that to a mate who got jumped and bashed the other day just for walking down the street.
I know straight people that have had the same thing happen to them, isolated s**t situations happen

There is still some discrimination but for the most part it is on the rarer side.

A friend of mine who has a successful business has told me one business deal fell through with an older bloke when he found out she was gay though. But she is hot and he probably wanted to bang her

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sadly happens weekly, if not more frequently. Almost certainly nothing to do with their sexuality

Equality means treating everyone equally. It doesn't mean bad things can't ever happen

This sadly happens weekly, if not more frequently. Almost certainly nothing to do with their sexuality

Equality means treating everyone equally. It doesn't mean bad things can't ever happen

Right, but what about the people who are bashed specifically for being gay? You know, the thing that objectively happens.

I know straight people that have had the same thing happen to them, isolated s**t situations happen
Do straight people get attacked for being straight though?

And there's your difference.

How is that trolling ffs. You're the one that made a rather large leap. Not even sure how you got to that
You are minimising the occurrence of hate crimes by claiming it 'almost certainly' isn't to do with their sexuality.
Try telling that to a gay person who's been bashed for being gay. I've known multiple.
Or keep your head in the sand because it suits your own bias.

Frankly if someone is being bashed for no reason IGAF if it was because they're gay or not. I think people care about their missing teeth more than the supposed motive of the attack

A straight person being bashed is no less important than a gay person being bashed. No one is minimizing anything, you guys are on some weird attack tbh

You'll just claim that it 'almost certainly' wasn't because they were gay.
People getting coward punched and like happens alot. You think the attackers are checking who's gay/not or perhaps you're looking for problems ...

I have NFI how or why these conclusions have been come to reading the comments, you lot must love being offended or something. Bizarre

Frankly if someone is being bashed for no reason IGAF if it was because they're gay or not. I think people care about their missing teeth more than the supposed motive of the attack

A straight person being bashed is no less important than a gay person being bashed. No one is minimizing anything, you guys are on some weird attack tbh
Please provide some examples of people being bashed for being straight.

Why do I ever take you off ignore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back