Rumour Hodge Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Run into someone rather close to the great man this morning in downtown Colac who told me that he will play aginst Blues on Friday night.

If he does get up for the Carlton game...it will be a remarkable effort, but judging by his performance at the dandy mountains a few days ago, I wouldn't bet on it.

Surely he will play for Boxhill next week and come in for GWS. He cannot be expected to be ready for the Blues and should be given the chance to tune up a bit of match practice in the McGoos.

Surely he will play for Boxhill next week and come in for GWS. He cannot be expected to be ready for the Blues and should be given the chance to tune up a bit of match practice in the McGoos.

My two oldest children are playing Auskick at BHCO next week. I reckon my oldest will be stoked to be playing in front of Hodgey. My four year old couldn't care less, though.

I think he should have a run with BHH also. If we can take anything from Goodes return on Friday night. Very rusty - no impact - subbed out - very embarrassing for a star of his quality, and I would hate to see hodgey follow suit.

My two oldest children are playing Auskick at BHCO next week. I reckon my oldest will be stoked to be playing in front of Hodgey. My four year old couldn't care less, though.

I reckon if you make the 4 year old walk to the match some sense of relevance may be restored and enforced?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gosh I think I'd like to see the captain have one more week on the 'intense' track and ease back into the game agaInst GWS
coz I'd freakn hate to see him break down playing for Boxy.

I'd like to errr on the side of caution to and to have our inspirational leader fit and firing when it counts myself.

I'm not so sure running around Box Hill is the right way to go. The level at Box Hill is a mile off AFL pace and intensity. I think we might see Hodgey start beside Buddy inside the forward 50. I reckon Clarko will use him on Russell or Scotland who are both vulnerable in the air and try and sneak a few goals from him.

I want to see him prove he can run out a game (and not hobble out a game or limp out a game) before he gets a side in the firsts. He was an absolute liability in his games earlier in the year. Our run and spread has been our biggest weakness in our last few losses, we can't carry anyone, even Hodge.

The other needs to earn the title 'son' by the sounds of it. Nothing a few days in the room without food can't fix :D

I want to see him prove he can run out a game (and not hobble out a game or limp out a game) before he gets a side in the firsts. He was an absolute liability in his games earlier in the year. Our run and spread has been our biggest weakness in our last few losses, we can't carry anyone, even Hodge.

Completely agree. I'd have no probs giving him a few games as sub a la Pops, to get him up to speed too.

Hodge was on CH7 for their footy show this morning but I didnt stick around to see if he mentioned when he would play. (I cant watch that show)
Anybody manage to sit through it?

I heard Hodgey on Nova100 this morning, he said that he started full training last week and the knee is feeling good and he is ready to play.

He did say that he is going to get a 2-3 week block in of solid training under his belt, and will get into skill work this week.

He said he will play either against GWS or Western Bulldogs..:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back