-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche, Melb Mustangs
What jerseys do you guys own, NHL or otherwise?

Kings away with Gretzky 99 :)
2 x Avs home
Ducks home
Canucks home
Panthers home
World Junior Championship 2006 jersey
Team Canada red
Vancouver Giants (WHL) signed by most of the 2005 team (incl. Gilbert Brule)

I think that's about it. I've also got a collection of my own jerseys and a NSW jersey that I swapped one of my Vic jerseys for after the 2005 Nationals.

My god, that's impressive VC. How come you have say, ducks, nucks and panthers tops?
I've got a home and away top from a few years back - the old penguin logo:
pit2.gif
on both of them. One of my mates said he ordered me a Pens top on ebay for my birthday, so I'll have to follow him up on its whereabouts.
Depending on what level I play for Monash next semester, I might have another jersey to add to the collection.
This reminds me: start a hockey gear thread.

When our family first got into hockey we bought a few NHL jerseys at the Vic Market. We got a Ducks one because it was the mid 90s and the Ducks were huge and we got a Panthers one because we liked their logo.
The Canucks one we got from my brother's friend as a gift but my brother isn't into the NHL that much. I hate the Canucks but pretty much all of the NHL jerseys go in my wardobe because I'm the one who's really into NHL.
My ultimate jersey would be a Nordiques jersey with Tugnutt 31 on it. There's places on the net you can go to get custom jerseys made...they're NHL quality but very expensive.

Oh cool, yeah I got my two current ones from the Vic Market as well. Wouldn't mind going back there and seeing what else they've got, should invest in some skating pens jerseys once I figure out where my bday present is.

If the custom made jerseys are more expensive than authentic jerseys, then it's probably not worth it. Unless you REALLY, REALLY want it.

I used to have a Stars green, Sabres black, Panthers blue, Penguins black with the now old logo and one more that I'm forgetting... but this was back when I was 12/13. I've wanted a Crosby jersey since he was drafted, but haven't got around to it.

Old home and away Sabres jerseys with #11 on the back , who was #11 ? the first and the greatest Sabre - Gilbert Perreault .

Hey, AN, what do you think about these plans to change the Sabres jerseys?

Speaking about jerseys, I posted this on the pens official board a while back. What does everyone think about this arrangement of Pens jerseys for next season?
Home -
pittsburgh-alt1.jpg

Away -
tkjersey3ot.jpg

Third -
penjersey6qt.jpg

Fourth? -
pensblue.jpg

That last one looks pretty ordinary IMO, I'd rather it look like the WBS blue jersey.

PS. Hope you dont mind this VC. I know the thread was originally about the jerseys we own, but I thought it should go here.
PPS. I cant take credit for those tops either, others designed them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard rumblings that eventually, and i mean 'eventually', those blue sabres designs will come back in. like its kinda been agreed, its just when. thats not confirmed anywhere though, just rumblings...

Yeah I've heard the same. It'd be good, I'm sick of all the red jerseys floating around now. Too much red - its a great hockey colour, but when everyone does it, it wears off.

I love that Sabres design and hope they put those jerseys back on.
Marns, it's a good idea to start discussing jerseys in general in this thread because there's only so far it could go with the way I started it.
I don't know about other cities but Vancouver have really embraced their old jerseys, especially this one:
p109409reg.jpg

They wore it in a few games last year (except at home, so it was in blue) and were selling them at GM Place when I went.

I love that style of Canucks jersey, particularly this one:
pG01-2425309dt.jpg

It's very basic, just a hockey stick in a round rectangle, but I love it as well. The colours go very nicely if I do say so.

I've always had a thing for butt ugly jerseys. I don't know what it is, but I really like them. The Canucks have had some horrendous jerseys over the years:
CCMVinVCanuck.jpg

jr-ccmm550v-van.gif

Marns said:
Cant say I agree with you on that one, I've never liked the orange nucks jersey. Horrible :(
But that's what it is for me. It's so ugly that I love it!
Another one like that is that weird Islanders jersey from the mid 90s:
Islanders_fisherman.jpg

Disgraceful, but intriguing.

What is wrong with that logo is the colours. I mean, aqua and orange for arguably the toughest sport in the world?
Hehe that fisherman guy reminds me of, I think the movie was 'I know what you did last summer', and the guy with the hook who walks around in the overcoat. Scary stuff.

Anyway, its late and I have to finish an essay in the morning before uni. I'm off.

It hasn't been announced, but a lot of people have said the Sabres plan on changing back to yellow, white and blue next season. I hope that's the case, as they're much better looking jerseys. Also a rumour that Washington plans on returning to their blue/red/white colour scheme, but possibly with the current logo.

The Canucks need to change back to their blue/green/white jerseys. They're awesome. As far as the Penguins jerseys go, I think a third jersey should be introduced with the original baby blue. Something like the Wilkes-Barre jerseys.

And, of course, Anaheim will have new jerseys/logo next year. It's supposed to have orange in it... and Dallas have dumped their third jersey (the cow one), and will be redesigning their jerseys... but hopefully not for the stupid new proposed slimlined Reebok designs, which they should never ever introduce.

Crosby87 said:
The Canucks need to change back to their blue/green/white jerseys. They're awesome. As far as the Penguins jerseys go, I think a third jersey should be introduced with the original baby blue. Something like the Wilkes-Barre jerseys.
Talbot-04-05-Third.jpg

murley-04-St-Pats.jpg

Like both of these, of course if we had green it wouldn't have the clover on it.
I'd love to see them introduce a 3rd jersey with a lace like the last one.

Crosby87 said:
And, of course, Anaheim will have new jerseys/logo next year. It's supposed to have orange in it... and Dallas have dumped their third jersey (the cow one), and will be redesigning their jerseys... but hopefully not for the stupid new proposed slimlined Reebok designs, which they should never ever introduce.
Those cow dallas jerseys were ridiculous. I'm looking forward to seeing what Anaheim's logo/jerseys look like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back