HFNL 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The pies have signed a full forward from the NEAFL which is on the standard website

Jordan will be a handy pickup at 195cm (mentioned a few weeks ago there was a couple players close to signing )

Also have a couple of juniors returning to the club who played in district league premierships in 2015 which will add some depth to the list and Cobber Mahony returning from overseas

Still waiting on a couple more recruits so watch this space

The pies have signed a full forward from the NEAFL which is on the standard website

Jordan will be a handy pickup at 195cm (mentioned a few weeks ago there was a couple players close to signing )

Also have a couple of juniors returning to the club who played in district league premierships in 2015 which will add some depth to the list and Cobber Mahony returning from overseas

Still waiting on a couple more recruits so watch this space
With those recruits this year and last years 5 players add up to 15 points.... Carse 3, Messer 3, McDonald 2 or 3, Seehusen 3 and now Bain 4. Doesn't leave them much room??

That is correct - maybe room for one more outside recruit and then the rest maybe players returning to the club ....

Hey guys new to thread but have been following for a while, love the info and rumours that are coming through.
From what I have heard north are targeting a few players out of the district league to bolster their midfield depth and that Hamilton are really struggling to find a coach with many players thinking about leaving the longer it goes on

Just found out some great news today my forum friends, I have secured a new position in my field of work in Ballarat, the family is moving as of next Friday, as great as it is for me it does mean I won't be able to post about the season but I will still be checking out the news and goings on in the Hampden league so please keep the info flowing and conversation happening! It's turned into a strong forum with good and often very correct information. I hope the Blues can find their way to another flag and the return of Shooter is a successful one! Keep me updated!! Thanks all and hopefully I can still add bits and peices here and there. HampdenMad

Just found out some great news today my forum friends, I have secured a new position in my field of work in Ballarat, the family is moving as of next Friday, as great as it is for me it does mean I won't be able to post about the season but I will still be checking out the news and goings on in the Hampden league so please keep the info flowing and conversation happening! It's turned into a strong forum with good and often very correct information. I hope the Blues can find their way to another flag and the return of Shooter is a successful one! Keep me updated!! Thanks all and hopefully I can still add bits and peices here and there. HampdenMad
Can you reveal who you are now that your leaving haha?

Best wishes with the next chapter of your life. Last 2 years you were easily the best news breaker for this site. Does this mean you will be reporting for the Ballarat Football League, and your new title will be BallaratMad...lol Going by all the phantom lists at this stage, W'bool will be flag favourites for next season.

Best wishes with the next chapter of your life. Last 2 years you were easily the best news breaker for this site. Does this mean you will be reporting for the Ballarat Football League, and your new title will be BallaratMad...lol Going by all the phantom lists at this stage, W'bool will be flag favourites for next season.

Thanks Beachboy3 have enjoyed it! Not sure on the football affiliation for next season as yet lol. Yeah i think you're correct there.

Sorry to see you go H.M - you were responsible for keeping this forum going in the dark days and I will miss your "ön the money" rumours. I for one had you down as a Koroit person, perhaps that was because of your strong support of Adam Dowie. Never expected you to be a Blue Boy as you certainly never pushed their barrow and were very fair. Even from Ballarat I am guessing you will get inside information that none of us here can access. Let's hope the Hampden forum continues along in the same vein as the last few months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to see you go H.M - you were responsible for keeping this forum going in the dark days and I will miss your "ön the money" rumours. I for one had you down as a Koroit person, perhaps that was because of your strong support of Adam Dowie. Never expected you to be a Blue Boy as you certainly never pushed their barrow and were very fair. Even from Ballarat I am guessing you will get inside information that none of us here can access. Let's hope the Hampden forum continues along in the same vein as the last few months.

Yeah thanks Blythe you have been one of those that has really helped this forum along! And yeah I will let you know anything that I hear around the traps. Been an avid follower of Hampden league for a long time and a blue boy for years and years. I have the utmost respect for Dowie ever since his Warrnambool days. Should of never been let go. Anyway past is past. Stick fat with the forum Blythe! I ll be checking in!

Yeah thanks Blythe you have been one of those that has really helped this forum along! And yeah I will let you know anything that I hear around the traps. Been an avid follower of Hampden league for a long time and a blue boy for years and years. I have the utmost respect for Dowie ever since his Warrnambool days. Should of never been let go. Anyway past is past. Stick fat with the forum Blythe! I ll be checking in!

Without giving too much away H.M what era are you from? I know quite a few Blues people before I moved away?

My Sth spy tells me that Merrivale ruckman Manny Sandow will be in Red & White next year. Good get for the Roosters, this bloke definitely has potential to be a good HFNL ruckman. That is three new Rangas at the Roosters - Mahony, White & Sandow.

My Sth spy tells me that Merrivale ruckman Manny Sandow will be in Red & White next year. Good get for the Roosters, this bloke definitely has potential to be a good HFNL ruckman. That is three new Rangas at the Roosters - Mahony, White & Sandow.
The three new Rangas should able to combine well with the other Rangas in Lee boys, Tim Ryan and Dozer...lol. Definitely no shortage of grunt with those lads.

Sandow should be a good get. I've seen him play a bit and I think he can handle the step up. Things are very quiet with other clubs?
Jayden Watson is going to Koroit from Hamilton is what I was also told today? Talented kid not what Hamilton need.

Sorry to see you leave this forum HampdenMAD, your post are always informative and accurate. I'll especially miss your match previews and reviews. Good luck mate.
Now on a more serious note. What the hell has happened to club loyalty? Players change from club to club at the drop of a hat! I realise jobs and money are the main reason these days but back when I was playing anybody that was a half decent player wanted to play for Portland and they all stuck around and played for years.
It's disappointing to hear that Koroit are chasing good young Hamilton players, aren't they doing it tough enough as it is?

Thanks Go Tiges, appreciate the words.

I think loyalty is still a big thing with a lot of players but as a club I don't think there's any animosity to a club that goes out to get the best possible players they can from any club. Yes work and Uni and other factors can cause even the most loyal of players to have to relocate but that's fair enough.
I would actually argue there has been next to no movement between teams this off season.

Thanks Go Tiges, appreciate the words.

I think loyalty is still a big thing with a lot of players but as a club I don't think there's any animosity to a club that goes out to get the best possible players they can from any club. Yes work and Uni and other factors can cause even the most loyal of players to have to relocate but that's fair enough.
I would actually argue there has been next to no movement between teams this off season.

H.M I think Tige is actually trying to make a point about a powerhouse club targeting young players from a struggling club. I accept that unfortunately that is the way of the world these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back