Hey Geelonk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Every sane intelligent fan recognises that the switch from the vfl to afl in hindsight is bigger then the swtich from vfa to vfl. You either count all flags or just the afl ones. In either case geelong trumps tigers.

i prefer to just count the afl ones. I could not give a toss about the corrupt victorian minor league played by amatuers.
In other words your a deluded fool and you live in la la land, yep that sounds about right!:thumbsu:

In other words your a deluded fool and you live in la la land, yep that sounds about right!:thumbsu:
Your the one living the delusion to somehow think vfl flags count with afl (which is absurd given ones a state league and the other is national) but the early vfa (which was a bigger leaague then the vfl) dont. Utterly absurd.

Your the one living the delusion to somehow think vfl flags count with afl (which is absurd given ones a state league and the other is national) but the early vfa (which was a bigger leaague then the vfl) dont. Utterly absurd.
Stop your rhetoric gibberish and get with program you fool, you have 10 cups in the vfl/afl current system. Wake up utter moron!:rolleyes:

That's it on ignore you go scat, now i can have some peace and quiet now.
Tiger fan yells delusion. You point out valid arguments why it is in fact he that is deluded. Tiger fan puts geelong supporter on ignore due to cognitive dissonance.

fellow cat fans we have found our solution to all those annoying cat obsessed tiggie supporters.

1989 VFL, 14 teams
1990 AFL, 14 teams

Yeah, massive difference
The switch took place over many years. And the number of teams was only a very small part of that switch. The more important being how players were allocated to clubs.

ps. When the comp switched from the vfa to the vfl the number of teams fell. By your simplistic argument you are claiming that the vfa flags pre 1896 are in fact more valuable then the vfl flags afterwards.

The switch took place over many years

No it didn’t

When the comp switched from the vfa to the vfl the number of teams fell

Thanks for confirming that the difference between VFA and VFL was more significant 👍 except it wasn’t a “switch” as the VFA kept going and the VFL was a new league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

34e4395a7a5265058b589b1473f199a6.gif

No it didn’t

Thanks for confirming that the difference between VFA and VFL was more significant 👍 except it wasn’t a “switch” as the VFA kept going and the VFL was a new league
Yes it was more significant in the vfas favour. Ergo vfa flags more important.

as for the other comment i suppose dockers, port, eagles, brisbane, swans, gold coast, end of fitzroy didnt really happen then hey? Only team change from vfl to afl was introduction of adelaide.

Yes it was more significant in the vfas favour. Ergo vfa flags more important.

VFA flags belong to the VFA, numbnutz. What part of "different league" don't you get?

Flags won without a GF being played are worthless. Flags awarded by newpaper journos are even more worthless

Only team change from vfl to afl was introduction of adelaide.

Wrong again. AFL started in 1990 and Adelaide joined the AFL in 1991

VFA flags belong to the VFA, numbnutz. What part of "different league" don't you get?

Flags won without a GF being played are worthless. Flags awarded by newpaper journos are even more worthless

Wrong again. AFL started in 1990 and Adelaide joined the AFL in 1991
Whats more valuable. Flags won in a 12 team comp or an 8 team comp? You are now trying to argue the latter while at the same time argue that the sole difference between comps is a change in teams (but only in the year the label changes). :drunk:

you should of never posted such an idiotic thing as arguing the only difference between the comps is the change in the number of teams in the year the label changes and no other year. It utterly destroyed your argument regarding the early vfa and vfl cos you didnt know that the vfl was a smaller comp than the vfa making by your ridiculous argument the early vfa by far the superior comp..

complete self ownage. I enjoyed it. Send me more of your tears!

yep you are correct the crows started 91. So are you now telling me there is no difference between the vfl and afl cos no teams changed in that one year? All these non victorian teams joining the comp never really happened cos it didnt happen in the one year where the label of the comp changed? Is this what you are saying? Why do you think the label on the comps badge is so important and not well where the teams come from, how players are selected, whether players are professional etc? are you really this superficial to care solely about labels and not substance?

Last edited:
Whats more valuable. Flags won in a 12 team comp or an 8 team comp? You are now trying to argue the latter while at the same time argue that the sole difference between comps is a change in teams (but only in the year the label changes). :drunk:

you should of never posted such an idiotic thing as arguing the only difference between the comps is the change in the number of teams in the year the label changes and no other year. It utterly destroyed your argument regarding the early vfa and vfl cos you didnt know that the vfl was a smaller comp than the vfa making by your ridiculous argument the early vfa by far the superior comp..

complete self ownage. I enjoyed it. Send me more of your tears!

yep you are correct the crows started 91. So are you now telling me there is no difference between the vfl and afl cos no teams changed in that one year? All these non victorian teams joining the comp never really happened cos it didnt happen in the one year where the label of the comp changed? Is this what you are saying? Why do you think the label on the comps badge is so important and not well where the teams come from, how players are selected, whether players are professional etc? are you really this superficial to care solely about labels and not substance?
Suck it up 10 flags your 7 extra VFA cups are not recognized or even validated by the current AFL organization and never will be either, need one of these?

Mental Health GIF by mtv

Whats more valuable. Flags won in a 12 team comp or an 8 team comp?

I'll tell you what has zero value...

Oh wait, I already did: flags won without a GF being played

you should of never posted such an idiotic thing as arguing the only difference between the comps is the change in the number of teams in the year the label changes and no other year

FARKIN' LOL!! Reading comprehension 101 failed 🤣 Still, what else should we expect from someone who says "should of never" and thinks flags awarded by popular vote are worth more than real flags :$

Send me more of your tears!

You're the one crying about how flags from 2 centuries ago aren't counted 🤣

16 > 10

GeeLOL will NEVER have more VFL/AFL flags than Collingwood. Suck it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back