Heathcote DFL part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any developments out of the boards recent meeting with Leitchville/Gunbower??? Having played against them this season and due to again soon I would be interested to know the story. I know they are dead keen to leave the CMFL.

Would also be interested to see exactly what player changes would occur if they did come our way

The Heathcote District Football League’s bid to attract the Leitchville-Gunbower Football Club has been steadily gaining momentum with talks between the two parties said to be very productive to this point.
One major concern for the combined club is their junior structure who plays their matches with their senior body at present although the HDFL have been working actively to satisfy the Club’s needs in that regards organising a meeting with the Goulburn Campaspe Junior League executive this week.
If they decide on the move Under 14 matches will be able to be played before Lockington BU, Colbinabbin and Elmore matches who all have involvement in the competition at that level.
The HDFL league executive should take a pat on the back for their initiative in attempting to entice the Central Murray Club although it raises the question why wouldn’t the Loddon Valley Football League have been on their tail given closer geographical ties?

Off the central vic footy website.... Todays Riv said similar thing. All depending on juniors but could likely head same way as locky and enter team in the the junior goulburn campaspe league. Wil be interesting to see if all goes ahead.

They were bombers colours, will they have to change jumpers to avoid clashing with White Hills? Everyone keen to get the bye back? and head further north?

Mate, Heathcote did play well. Still not best team i'v seen. And for the record, I wouldn't eat anything in Heathcote that human hands had to touch! I even took my own stubbies to drink! Heathcote should be called "The Wedge"! :D

Talk about stones and glass houses.

Let's face it the only reason you bought your own cans was counting your change after buying a couple of froffies is just a little too difficult.:D

What about some insightful thoughts from you dick about the events after the siren? :rolleyes:

Talk about stones and glass houses.

Let's face it the only reason you bought your own cans was counting your change after buying a couple of froffies is just a little too difficult.:D

What about some insightful thoughts from you dick about the events after the siren? :rolleyes:

Bit silly from both sides I thought. I wasnt close enough to see the action. Bit of banter never hurt anyone. Not quite as bad as last year though. The big fella was pretty certain his kick after the siren was a goal too. If Heathcote get their players back I think they'l really push for the grand final. But Im still on Colbo and Elmore though.......

Bit silly from both sides I thought. I wasnt close enough to see the action. Bit of banter never hurt anyone. Not quite as bad as last year though. The big fella was pretty certain his kick after the siren was a goal too. If Heathcote get their players back I think they'l really push for the grand final. But Im still on Colbo and Elmore though.......

Only 1 thing i would like to know dennis coon cheese will James play after round 15???? you know what i mean

I meant Tooby Mr Bull,all the talk about change rooms again put me of.now talking about change rooms most of the people on here should think them selfs lucky they did not change in the old TooBy change rooms,what a experience and in the days when it rained like the other week the south end of the ground would be under a foot of water,thank God for the GREEN GINGER MACK AT THE BREAKS hay Mr Bull:thumbsu:
dont go overboard there ump, the MACK is the top shelf version of stones, you would have had just the green ginger.

Could you let us all know what you mean?

Well its like this, a person very close to North said James said he would only play for a 1,000 a game,one of your sponsors puts in 15,000 for the year plus some of your members putting in so much a goal,what i mean does he play the last game for zero or do you have to find the money for the last game??

Well its like this, a person very close to North said James said he would only play for a 1,000 a game,one of your sponsors puts in 15,000 for the year plus some of your members putting in some much a goal,what i mean does he play the last game for zero or do you have to find the money for the last game??

i reckon your short on what he is getting.

The Heathcote District Football League’s bid to attract the Leitchville-Gunbower Football Club has been steadily gaining momentum with talks between the two parties said to be very productive to this point.
One major concern for the combined club is their junior structure who plays their matches with their senior body at present although the HDFL have been working actively to satisfy the Club’s needs in that regards organising a meeting with the Goulburn Campaspe Junior League executive this week.
If they decide on the move Under 14 matches will be able to be played before Lockington BU, Colbinabbin and Elmore matches who all have involvement in the competition at that level.
The HDFL league executive should take a pat on the back for their initiative in attempting to entice the Central Murray Club although it raises the question why wouldn’t the Loddon Valley Football League have been on their tail given closer geographical ties?

Off the central vic footy website.... Todays Riv said similar thing. All depending on juniors but could likely head same way as locky and enter team in the the junior goulburn campaspe league. Wil be interesting to see if all goes ahead.

They were bombers colours, will they have to change jumpers to avoid clashing with White Hills? Everyone keen to get the bye back? and head further north?[/quote]

There would definitely be a jumper clash with White Hills as they wear the Essendon strip. They will either have to come up with a totally new jumper or have a clash jumper for when they play the Hillies.

Not sure if they are the right option for the league. I know Cohuna are not happy in the CMFL and would look to move. Would we wat to go another 10mins up the road from Leitchy.

Having said that there are plenty of pubs on the way back which would make an excellent trip home:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or am I right in saying that the 2 local district leagues are getting less of a look in on the Tuesday night regional footy wrap on WIN TV ?

Lately I've noticed WIN TV doing a fair bit of footage and reporting on the Central Murray FL, at the expense of both the HDFL & LVFL. In years gone by, the two local district leagues would get a couple of minutes airplay, alternating leagues each week. Since the CMFL has been chewing up some of the airplay, the best we're getting is a 30 sec shot of one of the two leagues and a quick skim through the weekend results.

Wonder if the CMFL are pumping a few dollars towards WIN TV to do so ??:confused:

They were bombers colours, will they have to change jumpers to avoid clashing with White Hills? Everyone keen to get the bye back? and head further north?[/quote]

There would definitely be a jumper clash with White Hills as they wear the Essendon strip. They will either have to come up with a totally new jumper or have a clash jumper for when they play the Hillies.

Not sure if they are the right option for the league. I know Cohuna are not happy in the CMFL and would look to move. Would we wat to go another 10mins up the road from Leitchy.

Having said that there are plenty of pubs on the way back which would make an excellent trip home:D

From memory Gunbower were the demons , royal blue with a red V and Leitchville were the Maroons , maroon with a gold V . I'd expect they would move away completely from all strips .Maybe the Adelaide Crow guernsey would be good , lots of crows on the Patho plains .:thumbsu:

Gunny Pub would be a great pitstop on the way home.... agree nesko? Farva? :thumbsu:

Well its like this, a person very close to North said James said he would only play for a 1,000 a game,one of your sponsors puts in 15,000 for the year plus some of your members putting in so much a goal,what i mean does he play the last game for zero or do you have to find the money for the last game??

What are you on mate? Nobody knows what James is on except treasurer, president and Jamesy. Sponsors dont pick and choose how much money goes to players, club has last say. I Really doubt that Jamesy would tell you, and neither would the other parties. I am a member and I dont pay per goal idiot. This is trolling and you need red carding on this thread:mad::thumbsdown: And as for $1000 a game, if i was as good I wouldnt get outa bed for that!:D

From memory Gunbower were the demons , royal blue with a red V and Leitchville were the Maroons , maroon with a gold V . I'd expect they would move away completely from all strips .Maybe the Adelaide Crow guernsey would be good , lots of crows on the Patho plains .:thumbsu:
your memory does serve you correct on the past colours before they joined, its funny alot of people from gunny wont go to leitchy games only go to the 2 or 3 games they have a year at gunny,[ got to love there pride] great venue and surface at the Bower.

Bad luck to Cohuna, Leithy/Gunny is closer. What a transition from say Nth Bendigo ground 1week the following week Cohuna the boys in the HDFL would be getting low on petrol come half time. I think Leitchy/Gunny would be good for the competition certainly wouldnt just come in and dominate but would be in the top 4 somewhere, sure LBU would welcome the concept. The jumper issue simple, change it if they want to join a new league.

Let me tell you Big Ump, what you have posted has not one ounce of truth in it.
$1,000 a week not true.
No sponsor has put in $15,000 and if they had don't you think you would do the sum's and make sure it is $16,000:confused:
And Jamesy does not get paid per goal.
Hope that clears it up for you, so Huntly he will be playing against you last game and can't wait because of what has happen with action from your club and the league ( Trevor!!!) after last time.:mad:

From today's Addy. The league surely can't be serious about having the GF at North??? In all respect to North the surface won't be up to it by September when things dry out a bit.

Netballers fight HDFL on final schedule

29/07/2009 9:31:00 AM
DANGEROUS netball courts have thrown plans for the Bendigo Bank Heathcote District Football Netball League grand final into jeopardy.
The league was poised to award the grand final to Huntly for the second successive year before the Heathcote District Netball Association raised fears that courts at the venue weren’t up to scratch.
The HDNA was not consulted when the decision to play the grand final at Huntly was made.
Netball Victoria inspected the courts yesterday - less than two months out from the grand final - and found a number of concerns with the surface.
Huntly Football Netball Club will now approach the City of Greater Bendigo in a bid to receive urgent works on the courts.
The resurfacing would have to be complete within the next two weeks, as the HDFL has to have decided on a grand final venue four weeks prior to the September 12 date.
HDFL secretary Trevor Arnel said yesterday the three alternative grounds for the league’s marquee day had concerns of their own. Mr Arnel said the centre at Mount Pleasant’s Toolleen ground was considered below par, White Hills was too easy to enter, which would likely result in diminished gate takings, and North Bendigo’s ground was considered too small and had an inadequate surface.

From today's Addy. The league surely can't be serious about having the GF at North??? In all respect to North the surface won't be up to it by September when things dry out a bit.

Netballers fight HDFL on final schedule

29/07/2009 9:31:00 AM
DANGEROUS netball courts have thrown plans for the Bendigo Bank Heathcote District Football Netball League grand final into jeopardy.
The league was poised to award the grand final to Huntly for the second successive year before the Heathcote District Netball Association raised fears that courts at the venue weren’t up to scratch.
The HDNA was not consulted when the decision to play the grand final at Huntly was made.
Netball Victoria inspected the courts yesterday - less than two months out from the grand final - and found a number of concerns with the surface.
Huntly Football Netball Club will now approach the City of Greater Bendigo in a bid to receive urgent works on the courts.
The resurfacing would have to be complete within the next two weeks, as the HDFL has to have decided on a grand final venue four weeks prior to the September 12 date.
HDFL secretary Trevor Arnel said yesterday the three alternative grounds for the league’s marquee day had concerns of their own. Mr Arnel said the centre at Mount Pleasant’s Toolleen ground was considered below par, White Hills was too easy to enter, which would likely result in diminished gate takings, and North Bendigo’s ground was considered too small and had an inadequate surface.

What's wrong with the centre at Toolleen? played their not long ago and it was fine, like the rest of the ground. Who gave the netballers a say anyway?:D:D

They couldn't seriously consider the other two.:thumbsdown:

What's wrong with the centre at Toolleen? played their not long ago and it was fine, like the rest of the ground. Who gave the netballers a say anyway?:D:D

Showing my bias as an ex-White Hills person here I know....but c'mon. "Too easy to gain entry too"!! What trollop....
The fencing around the ground at Scott Street has been installed, and Im sure the club would be willing to have a few extras around the ground keeping an eye on these "fence jumpers".
If they are so concerned about the netballers (as they should be by the way, Im not diminishing theyre importance) then WHills has brand new courts and some of the best new facilities in the league as far as footy changerooms go.
The ground surface might not be perfect, but its certainly up to scratch for the biggest game of the year.
But, guess it comes down to $$$ in the end for the HDFL executive...

Whats wrong with Strathfieldsaye? Brand new facilities, plenty of parking and the surface doesn't look too bad from the road. That would stop the Colbo sooks anyway! Im sure Strath would let the league have a final there. It would help them out a bit too im sure.......

We at North know that the grand final could never be held at North but keep it a level playing field I think everybody should be able to have a final.
As for Trevor Arnel with his actions and comments in the paper today, I think he will find himself in s**t up to his neck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back