Heathcote DFL part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nesko who would you throw $200 at to try and lure back to Elmore???..

Mate if you dont like Elmore anymore because the pubs are dead on Saterday night following a game and because the ball is in Bgo then thats your issue mate.....

The club built better clubrooms so that we could drink ther.
As for the Ball Nesko we had 260 people there last year..
There is always a bus from Elmore if you want to come next year....
Your more than welcome..

So Nesko who would you throw $200 at to try and lure back to Elmore???..

Mate if you dont like Elmore anymore because the pubs are dead on Saterday night following a game and because the ball is in Bgo then thats your issue mate.....

The club built better clubrooms so that we could drink ther.
As for the Ball Nesko we had 260 people there last year..
There is always a bus from Elmore if you want to come next year....
Your more than welcome..

You dont get the point. Small towns depend alot on their sporting teams that is why they sponser them. Give them money so the players will drink there. I never said I dont like Elmore, even if I do give that impression sometimes, matter of fact I have alot of great mates from the town. My whole point is that in my opinion, my very own opinion is that small towns should try and retain their local players because they are often the heart and sole of the teams and why other players want to come to the club and these local players will often become President, Sec and tres etc. When I played at Elmore they were a very close side with more than a few locals and while the did not many many games (bar a few good years) they had a good time.

I'm not saying you should sacrifice success for loyality but I think if their is the success with those players who where there when they were stuggerling and are local it may be a little bit sweeter....

Totally agree Junky. These clubs would die in the arse if they had nothing but locals play. What's the population of Elmore? It's good to have some locals, but it's not like little towns such as this are thriving and can afford to have majority local players.
elmore makes colbo look like new york to bendigo and they do alright:rolleyes:

Rob Tuohey, vic rep pios etc moved to canberra to play. Would love to play for elmore. Jay Spizzica won GV thirds medal and playes for rochy. Sam Williams, played in rochys flag this year. Brady Childs -if they offered enough coin. Not sure what steve ingram and Powelly are up to. Al morris would still get a game at elmore. Just off the top of my head. Elmore have had a lot of great players that head to Rochy to play unfer 16s. Players like Tuohey, Childs and Williams would play at Elmore if they were offered the same cash as some of the other "out of town recruits" but I dont know about childs but havnt chased Tuohey and Williams to hard

i doubt childs would play if offered lots of cash. turned down lots of coin to join a north central club so money not a problem. although i'd expect him to be there within the next 2-5 years

You dont get the point. Small towns depend alot on their sporting teams that is why they sponser them. Give them money so the players will drink there. I never said I dont like Elmore, even if I do give that impression sometimes, matter of fact I have alot of great mates from the town. My whole point is that in my opinion, my very own opinion is that small towns should try and retain their local players because they are often the heart and sole of the teams and why other players want to come to the club and these local players will often become President, Sec and tres etc. When I played at Elmore they were a very close side with more than a few locals and while the did not many many games (bar a few good years) they had a good time.

I'm not saying you should sacrifice success for loyality but I think if their is the success with those players who where there when they were stuggerling and are local it may be a little bit sweeter....

Sorry Nesko but I think it is you that is missing the point. As sims said all the players you mentioned have been contacted at various times about coming back to play. Some of them have stopped playing football (powelly, ingram) others (the younger guys you mentioned) are playing higher standards of football which is great for them and im sure elmore are proud of all of them. Do you honestly think that the club has never thought of trying to get all their local players back and have never tried to bring them back and are now slapping their foreheads saying "If only Nesko had suggested this earlier!"
And loyalty Nesko is a two way street, in my time at the club I saw alot of younger players leave for Rochy or other clubs because the under 17s were struggling, are you telling me that those players who left should now have money thrown at them and a red carpet rolled out for them in order to bring them back?

Sorry Nesko but I think it is you that is missing the point. As sims said all the players you mentioned have been contacted at various times about coming back to play. Some of them have stopped playing football (powelly, ingram) others (the younger guys you mentioned) are playing higher standards of football which is great for them and im sure elmore are proud of all of them. Do you honestly think that the club has never thought of trying to get all their local players back and have never tried to bring them back and are now slapping their foreheads saying "If only Nesko had suggested this earlier!"
And loyalty Nesko is a two way street, in my time at the club I saw alot of younger players leave for Rochy or other clubs because the under 17s were struggling, are you telling me that those players who left should now have money thrown at them and a red carpet rolled out for them in order to bring them back?

Maybe you should ask why the thirds were struggerling. I'm saying I'd rathr recruit locals back and pay them the cash than what the exact same player from bend/melb would be getting. I'm sure the club has tried to get some of the local boys back but I know (from what some of these boys have said) is club didnt chase them as hard as they could of. Just asking them where they are playing footy and if they would like to don the red and white

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you dont want to argue Nesco then why dont you just spit out all your beef with Elmore...
Then mabe you can start to get over it!!!

Birchmore to Huntly. Pretty handy footballer for the Hawks.

A few new, more than handy guys have put pen to paper from all reports too.

I see mounts have made a huge play for Leigh Davis, I think that is his name from G Square.... If they land him they might not have any worries kicking goals next year..
Have Mounts lsot any players other than Carter and Shannon?
What players are on the move at the respective clubs?
I know as does everyone else that Hayes and Schubert have gone from Elmore...
What about Heathcote? have to be looking the goods if not lost anyone and with the recruits they have picked up!!!
Is Morgan and Thompson going around again?
Locky sound as if they have picked a couple of good players out of Echuca....Is everyone on there list sticking around again?
Will Collins and the other young fella that played well in the finals play Pios?

I see mounts have made a huge play for Leigh Davis, I think that is his name from G Square.... If they land him they might not have any worries kicking goals next year..
What about Heathcote? have to be looking the goods if not lost anyone and with the recruits they have picked up!!!
Locky sound as if they have picked a couple of good players out of Echuca....Is everyone on there list sticking around again?
Will Collins and the other young fella that played well in the finals play Pios?

Bakes has stepped down as A/C but will still play. Look like most of the players are sticking around. Still waiting for the word on the 2s coach. Former club B&F winner may be back to bolst the midfield. Not sure about H and pios, at least deserves an invite. I'm guessing your talking about Pedro Gardner as the other bloke

Pretty sure the lid is back on at Barrack Reserve and the regular posters have been asked to not carry on so there'll be no spruiking this summer although from what I hear there should be plenty to get excited about ;)

Birchmore to Huntly. Pretty handy footballer for the Hawks.

A few new, more than handy guys have put pen to paper from all reports too.

Is that birchy , the former Kerang player and Pyramid coach ?

Any word on Shiels set for another season , or has he retired to married life ?

Bakes has stepped down as A/C but will still play. Look like most of the players are sticking around. Still waiting for the word on the 2s coach. Former club B&F winner may be back to bolst the midfield. Not sure about H and pios, at least deserves an invite. I'm guessing your talking about Pedro Gardner as the other bloke

nesko can you tell me whats going on??? i live a stone throw away from the coach and this is all news to me. :D:D

nesko can you tell me whats going on??? i live a stone throw away from the coach and this is all news to me. :D:D

we'll know who's blame if pritch get's his roof rocked .:D as long as conrad and farva are getting a game his shingles are safe you would say .

On a serious note thats news about Tony Baker , I wouldn't have thought the AC job affected his playing performance any , Or is he making room for another recruit ? or is Nesko just I'll informed ? too busy digging up dirt on Elmore :D:D

we'll know who's blame if pritch get's his roof rocked .:D as long as conrad and farva are getting a game his shingles are safe you would say .

On a serious note thats news about Tony Baker , I wouldn't have thought the AC job affected his playing performance any , Or is he making room for another recruit ? or is Nesko just I'll informed ? too busy digging up dirt on Elmore :D:D

Its quite possible i'm ill informed. Aparently colbo have a few handy recruits. Maybe HJ could enlighten us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back