Heathcote DFL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing stories about Elmore, 8 to training, coach not even turning up to training or addressing players at the game, blokes looking to leave before clearances finish. They were still a strong club only a couple of years ago, what has happened?
Also what is happening with mounts, how can they be leading a large percentage of their games and constantly lose them, is it fitness, lack of depth, forgot how to win or what? They seem to be on the up but just cant take that next step.

Watched Mounts today and last weeks game at Leitchville and the poor quality of disposal begs belief. For senior football it was some of the worst display of kicking i have seen. Time and time again- turnovers. Years ago you could get away with it but in todays game it kills you. Buttons you mention they are on the up and all the talk was they were but there appears to be a lack of passion/want/effort (what ever you want to call it). Blokes running around in second gear without a care in the world where they kick or handball the footy. After todays loss it appears a second last finish could be all they get out of the preseason hype. Its one thing to know how to win but as with anything in life - you get out of it what you put in. There has to be a want and effort.

Watched Mounts today and last weeks game at Leitchville and the poor quality of disposal begs belief. For senior football it was some of the worst display of kicking i have seen. Time and time again- turnovers. Years ago you could get away with it but in todays game it kills you. Buttons you mention they are on the up and all the talk was they were but there appears to be a lack of passion/want/effort (what ever you want to call it). Blokes running around in second gear without a care in the world where they kick or handball the footy. After todays loss it appears a second last finish could be all they get out of the preseason hype. Its one thing to know how to win but as with anything in life - you get out of it what you put in. There has to be a want and effort.

I think you raise some very good points "6from7". The skill level of so many teams in the BFL, LVFL, HDFL & even AFL does leave a lot to be desired. The gap between the top teams and those that want to be, is ever growing. As you rightly point out, skill levels or rather the lack of, appears to be a major factor. Not sure how you remedy this, but one would think pride would drive players.
I watched White Hills v Huntly yesterday and I would say that the side who made the least skill errors won the game. No it was not the only factor, Fiske and Semmel had a bit to do with it as well, but it was a major factor in why White Hills were totally over run. Too many skill errors that turned the ball over and resulted in Huntly surging into goal.

I think your comment- "you get out of it what you put in" also can be reflected in highly paid players not excepting responsibility for their below performances and skill level. They still put their hands out for the big dollars, but having no accountability for poor skills or performance. Of course not all highly paid players fall into this category, but in my opinion the HDFL has plenty that do.

Dunno if it's of interest to anyone up that way but the RDFL has a night game this Friday (7.30pm) at Romsey with the Redbacks taking on Broadford. Barry Hall will be at one end and century goalkicker of the past two years Matt Davidson at the other - there's quite a number of clearances in for Broadford this week, including former Mounts spearhead Adam Dalton so it shapes as an interesting contest.

I see Elmore have lodged a few late clearances, anybody know if they are any good? And explain why Elmore would do this?

I see Elmore have lodged a few late clearances, anybody know if they are any good? And explain why Elmore would do this?

is the name Daryn Cresswell the Swans player ? have about 10 recruits all from AFL Qld so no sure why but may need them to get 2 teams on the ground. even if they won every game from now would only be 6 games and wouldnt make a difference unless its to help recruit other players next year.

is the name Daryn Cresswell the Swans player ? have about 10 recruits all from AFL Qld so no sure why but may need them to get 2 teams on the ground. even if they won every game from now would only be 6 games and wouldnt make a difference unless its to help recruit other players next year.

Yeah one and the same.
Heard he was just going there to watch but got talked into pulling on the boots!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leitchy Gunny still a chance of a finals birth?

You wouldn't think so. Got a pretty easy run home and might scrape in but wouldn't matter as they will go straight back out. They haven't yet been able to take a top team scalp except Huntly early in the year which they just lost to

Nothing is wrong at north. Just in a bit of a form slump, don't use worry they will be back up and about in no time. They have the team to do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back