Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LBU 11pts
North 18pts (may be closer than everyone thinks, Although Hills very young played well against wedderburn and moves the ball quickly)
Mounts 10pts (cant underestimate Colbo too much, they are from a winning enviroment)
Elmore 40pts (are easily flag favourites at the moment one would imagine)

Premiers: Elmore
Wooden Spooners: Huntly
League Medal: Featherstone
Biggest Improver from 09: Mounts
Biggest Slider from 09: Colbo
Goal Kicker: Houlihan
Most expensive team: Elmore
Most under-rated player: Brian Westley
Most over-rated player: Joel Condon
Most loyal player in the league: Cam Lomas
Toughest bloke in the league: Shane Davis
Biggest Sook in the league: Umpires

I've played aginst Joel for 3 years now and with him in school footy i've always thought he was abit of a gun. Prob would've had him as under-rated if anything.

Premiers:Elmore
League Medal: Oliver (locky)
Goal Kicker: Houlihan (north)
Most expensive team: Heathcote
Most under-rated player: Trent McCormack (colbo)
Most over-rated player: Aaron Craig (North)
Most loyal player in the league: Mathew Ringy (H'cote)
Biggest Sook in the league: Leigh Davis(mounts)

I've played aginst Joel for 3 years now and with him in school footy i've always thought he was abit of a gun. Prob would've had him as under-rated if anything.

Premiers:gunny
Biggest Slider from 09: elmore
Goal Kicker: tj jones (gunny)
Most expensive team: elmore
Most under-rated player: leigh flethcher (guuny)
Toughest bloke in the league: andrew brown (gunny)
Biggest Sook in the league: Leigh Davis(mounts)
gunny two win this week by 3 goals

Wooden Spooners: Mounts
League Medal: D Wright (White Hills)
Biggest Improver from 09: White Hills
Biggest Slider from 09: Mount Pleasant
Goal Kicker: I.Wright (White Hills)
Most under-rated player: John Smith
Most over-rated player: Big Ump
Most loyal player in the league: M.Sawyer
Toughest bloke in the league: Hagans Bull
Biggest Sook in the league: Dick Cheese

:eek: Fantom :thumbsu:

Premiers: Elmore
Goal Kicker: Houlihan
Most expensive team: Elmore
Most under-rated player: Brian Westley
Most over-rated player: Joel Condon
Most loyal player in the league: Cam Lomas
Biggest Sook in the league: Umpires

Premiers: Heathcote
Biggest Improver: Mounts
Biggest Slider: Colbo
Goal kicking: Houlahan
Most Expensive team: Elmore
Most under-rater player: Joel Condon
Most over-rated player: Davis
Most loyal player in the league: Mickey Ring
Toughest bloke in the league: Dick cheese
Biggest sook in the league: Dick cheese

I see Mount Pleasant has picked up a gun in Tim Pattison. Ex assumption college kid, slightly built midfielder, lighttning quick and can use both side of the body. Great pickup.:thumbsu:

Wooden Spooners: Mounts
League Medal: D Wright (White Hills)
Biggest Improver from 09: White Hills
Biggest Slider from 09: Mount Pleasant
Goal Kicker: I.Wright (White Hills)
Most under-rated player: John Smith
Most over-rated player: Big Ump
Most loyal player in the league: M.Sawyer
Toughest bloke in the league: Hagans Bull
Biggest Sook in the league: Dick Cheese

:eek: Fantom :thumbsu:

Ian Wright from Shepparton, Echuca Unt player?

Goal Kicker: Houlihan (north)
Most under-rated player: Trent McCormack (colbo)
Biggest Sook in the league: Leigh Davis(mounts)[/quote

Hi guys not from around here but was in Bendigo today and read the local football recorder in paper. Oliver seems very **** sure of himself. Did anyone else read the article if so what are your thought?

Freedom, I'm not from around these parts either but I keep a close eye on this league for personal interests. I didn't read the article but I would say going on previous years in this league that it would probably be just a LBU thing to be blowing your trumpet this time of year:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freedom, I'm not from around these parts either but I keep a close eye on this league for personal interests. I didn't read the article but I would say going on previous years in this league that it would probably be just a LBU thing to be blowing your trumpet this time of year:thumbsu:

I'm from the view that if you pump yourself up, you have to have the on field ability to back it up - Having seen a lot of Oliver in the GVFL, I would say he will clearly be in the top 10 players in the HDFL.

i dare say they may be blowing their trumpet in september too from what i have seen so far. locky have definately gone under the radar with the recruits they have picked up. a lot of quality players running around in the team. will have the best midfield in the league with adrian dohnt, michael dobson, dan lucas, hayden collins, lee and bryce deledio, wade pitson, ben mcphee. and others capable if they can get a spot.

Same Ian Wright, crossed to Strath from Echuca Unt, now at Hills got great hands and leaps like naitiniu.

He is not exactly the bravest footballer though , if he wins the goal kicking as someone stated earlier , the league is in trouble . Is a good kid though he and Benny Kline to be the Lenny and Karl of white hills .

Yeah yeah , cocky Locky ..yawn

Who's heading out to Colbo tonight fella's??? Im so looking forward to a glimpse at some VCFL "country" footy.

I will catch up with u Doona,have to go and watch my daughter play netball for mounts thats right mounts Doona:eek:

you too feel my pain ump. i have been told i have to watch the mrs play.:eek: at least the netball courts are not far from the wing, but they are a long way from the bar and canteen:(:D

i dare say they may be blowing their trumpet in september too from what i have seen so far. locky have definately gone under the radar with the recruits they have picked up. a lot of quality players running around in the team. will have the best midfield in the league with adrian dohnt, michael dobson, dan lucas, hayden collins, lee and bryce deledio, wade pitson, ben mcphee. and others capable if they can get a spot.

your leaving out former B&F winner nathan obrien who is returning. he will be handy around goals in the 2nds:D
and also look for big things from gun recruit beau stephenson, the big fella has been training the house down over the summer and will surely make an impact at senior level;)

your leaving out former B&F winner nathan obrien who is returning. he will be handy around goals in the 2nds:D
and also look for big things from gun recruit beau stephenson, the big fella has been training the house down over the summer and will surely make an impact at senior level;)

Dont forget that LBU will also have a ruckman this year in Vanderbosch who is capable of feeding this midfield. I agree with previous that Oliver will be 1 player that can win games for LBU. Key position, can mark and kick and loves a blue. Saw him punch six shades of snot out of a bloke from Shepp 2 years ago after he was struck from behind. The midfield was lacking a genuine tap ruckman last year and was shown up in finals as could not get enough of the cod in the middle.
Looking forward to Elmore and Heathcote V LBU as I reckon its time to start talking them up. They have recruited better than anyone including Elmore over the last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back