AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Should go hard for Tom Green and/or Finn Calaghan at seasons end. See both as very gettable and Hawks surely have the cap space for it.

Should go hard for Tom Green and/or Finn Calaghan at seasons end. See both as very gettable and Hawks surely have the cap space for it.

Would require a kings ransom and not sure Hawthorn would be trading their first this year

Be competitve in most games will be a good result. Add Harley Reid and jade Gresham through free agency this year , a key forward to pair with Lewis at the end of next year and we will be contending for finals by 2025.

Be competitve in most games will be a good result. Add Harley Reid and jade Gresham through free agency this year , a key forward to pair with Lewis at the end of next year and we will be contending for finals by 2025.
You're more than three pieces away from being a genuine competitor.

They're in for a world of pain. Bizarrely gutted their senior experience with a full focus on kids.

Where have I seen this before?

Hawthorn may rival Melbourne of 2013 this year.

Why on earth would Gresham go from a club that may challenge for top 8 spot to a club that will struggle get off the bottom 3?

And please don't say money.

They're in for a world of pain. Bizarrely gutted their senior experience with a full focus on kids.

Where have I seen this before?

Hawthorn may rival Melbourne of 2013 this year.
Well we wont give the captaincy to a 21 and 23 year old so we should be good there

Or wasting a pick on Jimmy Toumpas, or sacking our coach in round 11

But thanks for your concern

This season is all about getting games into the next group of players that will hopefully help us challenge for another flag. Sam Mitchell and the board knows exactly where we are it..That's all that matters..he is in for the long haul and knows there will be bumps over the next few years.

The list is still 2 years off being where it needs too. Our key forward depth is the worst in the league and midfield is arguably the worst in the comp. The midfield will be smashed this season but that's due to how young and inexperienced they are, not due to talent. A midfield unit of Newcombe, Ward, Macdonald, Day, Mackenzie, Hustwaite, Weddle, Moore, Stephens will be a top 4 midfield unit in 3 years time. Many of you will laugh, but if you have read my posts the last few years, you will know I am rarely wrong and will know I am usually a big pessimist.

We are a lock for bottom 4 this season, probably should be favourite for the spoon, but it's all about building to challenge for a flag in 4-5 years time.

This is how I see our next 5 years, if all goes to plan.

2023- 4-6 wins- bottom 4
2024- 8-10 wins- bottom 6
2025- 10-12 wins- push for top 8
2026- push for top 4
2027- challenge for a premiership

This season is all about getting games into the next group of players that will hopefully help us challenge for another flag. Sam Mitchell and the board knows exactly where we are it..That's all that matters..he is in for the long haul and knows there will be bumps over the next few years.

The list is still 2 years off being where it needs too. Our key forward depth is the worst in the league and midfield is arguably the worst in the comp. The midfield will be smashed this season but that's due to how young and inexperienced they are, not due to talent. A midfield unit of Newcombe, Ward, Macdonald, Day, Mackenzie, Hustwaite, Weddle, Moore, Stephens will be a top 4 midfield unit in 3 years time. Many of you will laugh, but if you have read my posts the last few years, you will know I am rarely wrong and will know I am usually a big pessimist.

We are a lock for bottom 4 this season, probably should be favourite for the spoon, but it's all about building to challenge for a flag in 4-5 years time.

2023- 4-6 wins- bottom 4
2026- push for top 4

lol

Well we wont give the captaincy to a 21 and 23 year old so we should be good there

Or wasting a pick on Jimmy Toumpas, or sacking our coach in round 11

But thanks for your concern

You've already chucked out all of your experienced players out the door which has now gutted your leadership and guidance for the young kids coming through

So at least you're taking those first baby steps.

2023- 4-6 wins- bottom 4
2026- push for top 4
Lmao this really is hilarious.

You've named 3 kids on that list who have not played a single AFL game and proven nothing, yet in 3 years time when they're 21 years of age you expect these no names to be competing against top teams who'll have much more star quality, games experience and match hardened?

Delusional.

You've already chucked out all of your experienced players out the door which has now gutted your leadership and guidance for the young kids coming through

You've named 3 kids on that list who have not played a single AFL game and proven nothing, yet in 3 years time when they're 21 years of age you expect these no names to be competing against top teams who'll have much more star quality, games experience and match hardened?

Delusional.

but he is rarely wrong..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delusional.
Delusional is comparing the tanking basket case that Melbourne was in 2013 in Hawthorn now

Pieces are there, we will continue to build

You worry about those LT deals that will hamstring you when your younger mids want opportunities elsewhere

Delusional is comparing the tanking basket case that Melbourne was in 2013 in Hawthorn now

Pieces are there, we will continue to build

You worry about those LT deals that will hamstring you when your younger mids want opportunities elsewhere
Which younger mids?

Like Jordon and Sparrow who are already in our best 22 as evident from the past 2 years?

Have another go.

Delusional.

Laugh all you like…hawthorn have won a premiership in every decade since the 60s. They haven’t won a wooden spoon in over 60 years…we are arguably the most successful club on the modern era…we know how to build a premiership team and culture..

I don’t believe thinking we can challenge for another flag in 2027 is delusional. History is on our side.

Laugh all you like…hawthorn have won a premiership in every decade since the 60s. They haven’t won a wooden spoon in over 60 years…we are arguably the most successful club on the modern era… Clarko knows how to build a premiership team and culture..

I don’t believe thinking we can challenge for another flag in 2027 is delusional. History is on our side.
Fixed it for you.

I won't go into whether we're three or thirty years away from finals again, but I will say I'm happy with how the club has gone about the rebuild. I'd rather play the kids with the veterans who do play earning their spot rather than only being there for leadership. I like our draftees, but I also thought Lukosious and Rankine would dominate the AA Forwardline for GC in after 2018. You never know how they'll go until they get on the park.

I'd love Callaghan or Green, but a young key forward would be the dream in the trade period. I can't see anyone in that 20-24 age bracket that would be available, but to throw out a name someone like Logan McDonald would be my ideal trade season buy. FWIW I think he's about as likely to come to us as Callaghan and Green are, which is to say not at all, but a young, mobile forward we can rely on to present up the ground is the position we are in desperate need of other than just getting a superstar talent in.

Which younger mids?

Like Jordon and Sparrow who are already in our best 22 as evident from the past 2 years?

Have another go.
The fact that you came to troll and keep biting is hilarious

Injury prone ruckman, Inability to score

Recipe for disaster this year

Hawthorn's defence is pretty good, their forward line is perfectly servicable but their midfield is young, really really young and not in a good way. There are no senior players to protect the younger players and they are going to get beaten up a lot.

How will the hawks ever replace Kanga?
How will the Hawks ever replace Parkin?
How will the Hawks ever replace Jeans?
How will the Hawks ever replace Clarko?

Some clubs just get s**t done ;)
Clarko’s better than the others listed there

He’s arguably the greatest coach ever

You don’t replace that you just pray the replacement is half as good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back