Has NSW given up on Covid-19

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW=
No
Sense
Whatsoever when it comes to handling a coronavirus outbreak

The balance is the problem. So hidden in Victoria’s 7 months of lockdowns are 158 (avg 403, 2020 561) more people who killed them selves. I’m a psychologist and volunteer on a helpline and the stress people are feeling from ongoing lockdowns is horrendous.

Delta is the real deal, can’t be stopped and all NSW is trying to do is keep it together until they get the vax numbers up. Then it’s open up and refuseniks be damned. Hopefully you’re vaxed. By the end of next year it’s expected that 80% of people will have had it. Finally it will be like the flu killing 4184 people in 2019 and as unremarkable except it will be killing mostly refuseniks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Banned
Delta is the real deal, can’t be stopped and all NSW is trying to do is keep it together until they get the vax numbers up. Then it’s open up and refuseniks be damned. Hopefully you’re vaxed. By the end of next year it’s expected that 80% of people will have had it. Finally it will be like the flu killing 4184 people in 2019 and as unremarkable except it will be killing mostly refuseniks.
yeah i know its caused 3 vic lockdowns,
im not vaxed because im not eligible,
80% of vax at this rate will be next year

Delta will be yesterday’s news soon

Aug 10, 2021,08:55am EDT|107,606 views
It Is Time To Pay Close Attention To The Lambda Variant Now Devastating South America

I think at this stage they have to give up, Australia has had 18 months to prepare for this virus and if the states are still worried about ICU's being overrun with cases (64 in NSW, 1 in Vic: https://www.health.gov.au/resources...es-in-hospitals-and-intensive-care-units-icus) Then I think the state governments need to be concerned about something other than COVID.

The Fact is most people who are elderly and or have other health complications have been vaccinated. And if the science is to be trusted that vaccinations greatly reduce the amount of deaths. Then why are we really still concerned?

I think at this stage they have to give up, Australia has had 18 months to prepare for this virus and if the states are still worried about ICU's being overrun with cases (64 in NSW, 1 in Vic: https://www.health.gov.au/resources...es-in-hospitals-and-intensive-care-units-icus) Then I think the state governments need to be concerned about something other than COVID.

The Fact is most people who are elderly and or have other health complications have been vaccinated. And if the science is to be trusted that vaccinations greatly reduce the amount of deaths. Then why are we really still concerned?

Because we have less than 20% of the population vaccinated

It Is Time To Pay Close Attention To The Lambda Variant Now Devastating South America

This is going to go on for a long long time.....

Yeah Lambda is worrying. Some small info suggests vaccines still effective.
The concerning thing would be if future mutations change even more to overcome the neutralizing effect. Booster vaccines likely as sars-cov-2 continues to evolve.

The balance is the problem. So hidden in Victoria’s 7 months of lockdowns are 158 (avg 403, 2020 561) more people who killed them selves. I’m a psychologist and volunteer on a helpline and the stress people are feeling from ongoing lockdowns is horrendous.

Do you have a source to back up that claim?

The Coroners Court of Victoria report doesn’t reflect the increased suicide deaths you’re claiming for Victoria in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i know its caused 3 vic lockdowns,
im not vaxed because im not eligible,
80% of vax at this rate will be next year

Everyone over the age of 18 is fully eligible today. I just looked and available bookings Sunday the 15th across Australia is 190k.

Do you have a source to back up that claim?

The Coroners Court of Victoria report doesn’t reflect the increased suicide deaths you’re claiming for Victoria in 2020.

AIHW, 2021. 2018 last normal year 672 against avg for previous 10 years, 613. 2019 bush fires suggested reason for increased intentional self harm rates of 29% in the months oct-dec resulting in an increase suicide for the year to 719. 2020 751 with the anticipated increase by John Cain Jnr (see below) coming in the months after that report period which stops sept 2020 (pg.3). Incidentally the self harm rate dropped by 38% in Dec 2020 following the opening up with a 20% drop in suicides between Nov and Dec 2020. Alarmingly self-harm rate are rising again, along with reported DV rates. The jury is somewhat out in my interpretation and I work in this area twice a week, as which is better yo-yo lockdown or long-term. For my own mental health I don’t take in too much of the daily data but those who I know do have indicated that reported self-harm rates are back up again and usually this aligns with an increase in self-harm mortality and normally there’s always an uptick in the last part of the year with 2020 being the anomaly for Dec 2020.

Half a million extra doses of Pfizer for NSW 18-39 year olds to be jabbed into arms this week. NSW has really only one option now and that is suppress until vax rate gets up beyond 70%. Vic now up to 25 with 13 in the community fully infectious for their entire infectious period. Lockdown extended to get Vict up over 55% 1st dose vax.

AIHW, 2021. 2018 last normal year 672 against avg for previous 10 years, 613. 2019 bush fires suggested reason for increased intentional self harm rates of 29% in the months oct-dec resulting in an increase suicide for the year to 719. 2020 751 with the anticipated increase by John Cain Jnr (see below) coming in the months after that report period which stops sept 2020 (pg.3). Incidentally the self harm rate dropped by 38% in Dec 2020 following the opening up with a 20% drop in suicides between Nov and Dec 2020. Alarmingly self-harm rate are rising again, along with reported DV rates. The jury is somewhat out in my interpretation and I work in this area twice a week, as which is better yo-yo lockdown or long-term. For my own mental health I don’t take in too much of the daily data but those who I know do have indicated that reported self-harm rates are back up again and usually this aligns with an increase in self-harm mortality and normally there’s always an uptick in the last part of the year with 2020 being the anomaly for Dec 2020.

I read the article above--- it's from June 2020.

What do you think is more likely going have an accurate understanding of the real suicide rates in 2020. An ABC article from June 2020 (when there's still 6 months left in the year) OR a Coroner Report published in January 2021?

cc8ffdc281cac9d0600e7ff6f148a1bf.jpg

cc8ffdc281cac9d0600e7ff6f148a1bf.jpg

No one's disagreeing with you on that Nickoo -- but I'm just asking you to be factual with your claims about 2020 suicide rates. This repeated "myth" that the rate was significantly higher in 2020 than it really was is dangerous and straight up wrong.

heck I hope so, I hope that they become the first state to show common sense and just open up and learn to live with it. People will still continue to get the jab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back