Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

My only two concerns for Harley would be injuries, of course, and as he gets bigger and stronger whether he loses some of his explosive power or not, but they're better these days at working out how to train him right for his assets.

He's only going to get better, I really hope he's able to attract some other stars to the club to help him out.

Don't think the media will get to him at all. Looks like it gets to people online a lot more than him.

My only two concerns for Harley would be injuries, of course, and as he gets bigger and stronger whether he loses some of his explosive power or not, but they're better these days at working out how to train him right for his assets.

He's only going to get better, I really hope he's able to attract some other stars to the club to help him out.

Don't think the media will get to him at all. Looks like it gets to people online a lot more than him.

He looks like he's having a blast playing footy (comes across the same in interviews) which is refreshing from a draftee.

He looks like he's having a blast playing footy (comes across the same in interviews) which is refreshing from a draftee.
Yeah and doesn't he have **** all ties to Melbourne (the city, not the club). Grew up in some country town near the NSW border.

He doesn't strike me as a "I wanna play in Melbourne!" kind of guy. Juddy on the other hand was born in Melbourne suburbia, and wanted out of the Eagles drug ridden culture. Not the same thing.

Yeah and doesn't he have heck all ties to Melbourne (the city, not the club). Grew up in some country town near the NSW border.

He doesn't strike me as a "I wanna play in Melbourne!" kind of guy. Juddy on the other hand was born in Melbourne suburbia, and wanted out of the Eagles drug ridden culture. Not the same thing.

I think Judd gets a bit of a bad rap sometimes, he won a Brownlow and captained a flag for a club that in hindsight had major internal issues, they got a very good trade out of him leaving as well.

I really hope the club and players look after him. He's young and already the talk of the country.

He’s already bullying grown men on the field at this level and his tank isn’t closed to being a finished product. Think that good evidence that you don’t have to turn him to a big bison instantly. Reckon over then next few year the emphasis will be work on his tank rather than his strength.

I'd question whether he really needs to add any significant bulk at all, he is already astonishingly powerful.

Yes it would be pretty entertaining to see him don't arguing his way through packs with another 10kg of muscle on him, but given he can already bully any midfielder in the competition at his current weight, he is probably better to train in a way that prioritises endurance, flexibility and durability.

I'd question whether he really needs to add any significant bulk at all, he is already astonishingly powerful.

Yes it would be pretty entertaining to see him don't arguing his way through packs with another 10kg of muscle on him, but given he can already bully any midfielder in the competition at his current weight, he is probably better to train in a way that prioritises endurance, flexibility and durability.
I hate this post but it’s sensible.

You were far worse in the 2018 prelim.
edward norton film GIF by hoppip

What an enjoyable day out at the footy that was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy is a weird unit I've learnt that has a massive hard-on for Clayton Oliver and a rage-boner against Christian Petracca.

It must be a parody or troll account.
A Melbourne supporter that does everything in their power to mock, denigrate and downgrade Petracca is not something I thought would exist. You'd only spot a quirk like that in a weird part of the internet, and here we are.

When his contract up?
Can see this guy running around the MCG eventually.
Big Vic clubs will throw money at him.
None of them will be able to match what WCE can offer him anyway.

Not sure what this weird presumption is that he'll go back to Melbourne, loves it in Perth by all reports.

Interesting
There was an article saying he has been missing family.

There will be articles on Harley Reid wanting back to Victoria until he retires even if he signs a 10 year $100m deal.

Until it comes from his mouth, anything said about him can be dismissed as at the moment there is zero evidence he doesn't like it at West Coast. His first goal with us was accompanied by him grabbing his jumper in front of the crowd.

Interesting
There was an article saying he has been missing family.
Went home for his mum's b'day, because he's a 19yo living away from home for the first time. ABC interview after the game. Nothing really to cling on about him being desperate to go home.

None of them will be able to match what WCE can offer him anyway.

Not sure what this weird presumption is that he'll go back to Melbourne, loves it in Perth by all reports.
I'm just speculating.
There would be constant questions of should he leave North if we had of tanked and got pick 1.

I am seeing some parallels to JHF homesickness however he does seem a more loyal character than JHF.

I'm just speculating.
There would be constant questions of should he leave North if we had of tanked and got pick 1.

I am seeing some parallels to JHF homesickness however he does seem a more loyal character than JHF.

JHF was far less unequivocal about it all the way up to the draft and during his first year with your lot.

From day dot Harley has said he would go anywhere and he even directly said he'd love it at West Coast and he doesn't care about the pressure if we give him the legendary #9. And nothing he has said or done otherwise indicates otherwise.

I'm just speculating.

Any kid moving to the other side of the country would feel the exact same way, he's no exception.

Not that common for them to leave after their first contract though.

Helps he's living with his best mate(Gilbee) who works at the club, as well as being close with Chesser and Long.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn if any other draftees get a trip home at some point during the season, you just don't hear about it because they didn't go pick 1.

What parallels exactly? The only talk of him being homesick is coming from Victorian media. The way he tugged his jumper after scoring one of his goals would warm the cockles of every Eagles fan's hearts. Seems to love the club and the way the young players get around each other suggests they are forming quite a bond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back