Hampden league season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one! HM! Haven't heard the Old Collegians link mate re Port but who says history doesn't repeat itself!! ...Strong word is the Thompson boys not coming back to South either-closer to home re Timboon etc.

Lastly...Grand Finals are littered with players, admin and supporters getting way ahead of themselves prior to the game... The latest one, involves a few players from the Camperdown Magpies ...this time they have used to social media to "chat" about which Magpie tattoo they should get after the weekend... no harm done there but for the superstitious amoungst us...I wouldn't be putting that out there until Sat night onwards!! Good luck to them anyway.

Nice one! HM! Haven't heard the Old Collegians link mate re Port but who says history doesn't repeat itself!! ...Strong word is the Thompson boys not coming back to South either-closer to home re Timboon etc.

Lastly...Grand Finals are littered with players, admin and supporters getting way ahead of themselves prior to the game... The latest one, involves a few players from the Camperdown Magpies ...this time they have used to social media to "chat" about which Magpie tattoo they should get after the weekend... no harm done there but for the superstitious amoungst us...I wouldn't be putting that out there until Sat night onwards!! Good luck to them anyway.

Well that is counting the chickens before they hatch for sure! Don’t tempt fate

North Warrnambool are set to sign Billy Smedts and Darcy Keast and are chasing hard after Sam McLachlan for a return although he may be heading overseas according to my source. Smedts played the season at Leopold in Geelong where there was major issues with player payments leaving many short of what was promised.
Don’t be surprised if Darren Ewing lands here too. The Dowie effect in full swing.

I haven't heard anything about the Leopold payment issues.
Jack holmer is heading back to coach lorne next season

who else does it looked like Dowie is recruiting to NWE? Any ideas on who the port fairy player is coaching OC? Any other news floating around for who clubs will be losing?

Hi again! In regards to Bucky at South Wbool, I have heard more since I last spoke. Parents disputing selection decisions would of been the final straw of Buck leaving, I believe. He and wife are school teachers and got 2 young kids, so the coaching work load would of got to him at the end. He does want to spend more family time. The players, committee and supporters do love, support and respect Bucky. I never hear a bad word about him. With Camperdown looking at tattoos, probably just getting ready in case they do win. To me Koroit will win by 5 or 6 goals. Love to see Camperdown win.

Whatever happened with Bucky I’m sure South needs to look at how fathers and supporters treat their coaches a bit more closely.

Darren Ewing to my Blue boys is the latest whisper! Was out of South, North and Wbool and has picked the Blues by all accounts. Great pick up for Warrnambool! This bloke is an absolute star, even tho he is an age of star he will still offer plenty at Hampden level.

Nick Sheehan is the coach of OC as reported today in Standard. Who he’s taking is anyone’s guess. Interesting.

Dowie won’t be looking to add too much more than the returning players. He will work with what’s already a very good list that was fairly unlucky this season.

GF Day!!

Tips:
Koroit by 24 points
Liam Hoy BOG

I’m heading up to watch the game, can’t wait!!

On the money again HM. Thank God you are back - now I have a reason to check in on Hampden Big Footy, unfortunately it's been dead for sometime. I too have heard whisperings (from a couple of South people) about unrest up at the Friendlies that caused Buck to resign. What's the old saying - All footballers should be bastards. Saunders will be a big loss as this year showed he is a very good player. Dowie is on very big money (and worth it) throw in the others they are recruiting and North are spending up big. The Blues have a bit of catching up to do in all areas but at least making headway.
All the best with your health HM - welcome back.

On the money again HM. Thank God you are back - now I have a reason to check in on Hampden Big Footy, unfortunately it's been dead for sometime. I too have heard whisperings (from a couple of South people) about unrest up at the Friendlies that caused Buck to resign. What's the old saying - All footballers should be bastards. Saunders will be a big loss as this year showed he is a very good player. Dowie is on very big money (and worth it) throw in the others they are recruiting and North are spending up big. The Blues have a bit of catching up to do in all areas but at least making headway.
All the best with your health HM - welcome back.

Nah cheers Blythe appreciate the kind words mate! Happy to be back and talking footy!

Yeah spot on about Buck and South and have a listen to the interview he did on Hampden League Live pre game. Spells it all out and exactly what the whispers were. Spoke very well and very fairly considering I thought.
Whispers are they could announce a new coach as early as end of next week. The whisper is from person inside the club but even he was unsure if that was absolute certainty but a whisper none the less.

I wouldn’t think the Blues would be done with recruiting just yet, they really want to challenge next season and are going out to get the cattle required to close the gap.

Koroit had a great win on the weekend, really challenged by Camperdown and I feel Camperdown probably just lacked that finishing polish around goals to really put the scoreboard pressure on, they definitely had their chances to. But in saying that so did Koroit. Liam Hoy was magnificent and so was Jack Williams from Camperdown, probably stiff not to sneak in at least the VCFL medal. The class of McIntyre was pivotal and Dallas Mooney I thought was ultra impressive also. 5 in a row is absolutely crazy impressive though. All signs point towards a double Dobson return and possibly a Gow return also. If that happens 6 is definitely on the cards.

Looks like Phil Carse will be moving on though from Camperdown and he’s done a cracking job to do what he has especially with the commitments of travel from Melbourne 3 days a week. Fantastic bloke by all reports hopefully Camperdown can hold him somehow!

Another one doing the rounds is that Sandy Robinson could be leaving the Seagulls also. Would be a massive loss obviously.

Cricket season is upon us now, whispers as they come, news as it comes. Join in and let’s get stuff right or wrong who cares!! Just have a good chat and keep Hampden buzzing!

Where does it look like Sandy Robinson is going?

Any names for the new coach of South Warrnambool?

How sure are you on the returns of the Dobsons and Gow?

Where does it look like Sandy Robinson is going?

Any names for the new coach of South Warrnambool?

How sure are you on the returns of the Dobsons and Gow?

Unsure on where for Robinson.

A few names bandied around: Former Port Fairy coach Brett Evans
Former Lake Wendouree coach Matthew Battistello
Former Rooster and Kolora Noorat coach Danny Finn.
Maybe they have found someone who’s not mentioned. Only guessing who.

Dobson’s and Gow are strong rumours that most people would of heard. Fair chance I think.

Camperdown's intensity and pressure was outstanding , they had a crack. They lack key forwards, back up ruckman and spread of goalkickers. Their disposal was not clean, but they can still be proud of themselves. Very physical game and the crowd was loud and really involved. Good for footy! I do believe Dobsons, Gow and Damody will be back unfortuantely in one sense, but good for the interleague side. They will win 8 or more premierships in a row now. Koroit will be 10 goals ahead of the comp. At Souths, only Paddy Mahoney and Dozer Eagleson are the confirmed departures. Josh Saunders might be changing his mind. Souths just won the 18s granny, so the kids will get a chance if Souths lose some. Don't think Brett Evans and Finny will coach Souths next year. Finny is having a spell. If Carse is in Melbourne, it's going to be hard for him to come back. Hope he still comes back as a player. They need more big men desperately. Port Fairy will sink down the ladder next year. Blues and Eagles will be on the rise. Souths will announce a new coach soon, and seem excited about their next guy. Speaking of cricket, that is boring...lol Koroit also 2 good in the Open grade netball granny other day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cobden hope to announce a new playing coach this week - will be a great acquisition if they can pull it off.

So it’s official Billie Smedts has returned to the Eagles. Where does everyone think this puts the Eagles next season? Let’s assume they add Darcy Keast as well.

Rumblings from Port Fairy way with the coach Dan Nicholson possibly on the move due to private indescretions. Won’t say anymore, plenty already talk about it.

A few things in play - don't underestimate the go home factor. GF might get him to her neck of the woods.
Starting to look unlikely now for J. Merrett to Cobden - interest from elsewhere so waiting on the AFL draft.

Heard a whisper that Portland has signed an ex VFL key position player who was in the 2015 VFL team of the year. Yet to be confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back