Opinion Great scenes in cinema/television

Remove this Banner Ad

Warning, gore alert! This is a fantastic scene but do not watch if queasy stomach. When I saw this movie in the theatre I had a group of tough young guys full of swagger sitting in front of me. They became very small in their seats during this scene and a couple of them kept looking downward. It was pretty funny really. For me, I was like how is he going to do this with a tiny pen knife? It's impossible. And then Oh s**t, he's going to break his arm, that's how. Holy crap. Just unreal that he did this, but then what else was there? What other way? There wasn't.

For me, the most fascinating part of the Aron Ralston story is how he was ready and accepting that he was going to die trapped by that rock until he had a vision of his future son. Something he couldn't have known, as he was unattached at the time, and yet he saw it, and sure enough, three years later or so, he had a son. The vision made him keep going, that he had to try, he had to get out and live. It's always fascinating to me how often we receive our best guidance in our times of greatest desperation. We really do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother was an extra in that film, never been able to spot him in it.

It's still an honor anyway. The greatest war movie I have seen.

Tora, Tora, Tora gave us the intrigue of the opposition view & Saving Private Ryan gave us the hellish landing scene, and the human interactions of a unit at war.
but only The Thin Red Line studies the multifaceted aspects of humans at war and how it individually effects them. It's a masterpiece.

It's still an honor anyway. The greatest war movie I have seen.

Tora, Tora, Tora gave us the intrigue of the opposition view & Saving Private Ryan gave us the hellish landing scene, and the human interactions of a unit at war.
but only The Thin Red Line studies the multifaceted aspects of humans at war and how it individually effects them. It's a masterpiece.

have you seen Mosul?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back