Grand Final Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
Well, who still has trades left for the big one?

I guess it's hard to tell who to trade to before team sheets are announced on a week like this, but I think it's useful to identify trade targets for your team should someone be an unexpected out.

Mine would be:

Backs: Grimes & Enright (determined by budget for the 2nd trade)
Mids: Cotchin
Ruck: Sandilands
Forward: ROK

For now, I'm thinking Mitchell -> Cotchin.

Barring injury, I'll use up my last trade on Giles -> Sandi.

I think Giles - mumford is a better option. Jamar may be back this week and mumford killed the cats last year there at skilled and is in form and against his old team.

Anyone think I should look at trading Mitchell or Watson due to injury and low scoring . I have a theory to never trade guns but I'm concerned about this two.

Any suggestions ?

Anyone think I should look at trading Mitchell or Watson due to injury and low scoring . I have a theory to never trade guns but I'm concerned about this two.

Any suggestions ?

Watson is still the favourite for the Brownlow, so there's motivation for him to smash it right there.

Mitchell on the other hand...

One trade left. Will probably trade out Giles.

I can afford any ruckman, who's the best bet for the grannie? (I already have Maric)

Got 2 trades and 17 grand. Not sure what to do. Barring injury do I:

Downgrade to make cash and 'upgrade'

Or trade 2 players with more favorable games?

Players that I would consider trading:

Backs: Suckling
Mids: Mitchell
Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Zorko

Pretty sure no matter what I do the player I trade out will outscore my upgrade. Any suggestions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With North needing the percentage for a home final against GWS, I'm thinking Boomer Harvey is sure to keep his foot on the pedal. And hopefully Scott Thompson against GC.

Gibson -> Thompson
Dickson -> Harvey

Now not sure who to play out of Zorko and Martin...

20nods.png

Thinking of trading Mitchell to Pendles/Watson

I have 2 trades left with a current midfield of Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Cotchin, Thompson, Mitchell, Martin & Gibson.

I'm leaning towards Watson due to the fact that the Pies don't tend to tag but my opponent has Pendlebury so I could negate his score by going with Pendles.

Thoughts??

I have two trades left, so I have enough cash for any backman.

I already have Deledio (Mid), Scotland, Goddard, Shaw, Carrazzo, Birchal, Grimes - so who should I bring in this week?

I am afraid WCE will be too buddy conscious and Hawks are too good, so Hurn and Waters might not score freely.
I am scared Fremantle might tank for the home final, so that rules out Duffield and Johnson.
Geelong are playing stingy Sydney, so will Enright's score suffer?

This leaves me with who? Bachar Houli?

I have two trades left, so I have enough cash for any backman.

I already have Deledio (Mid), Scotland, Goddard, Shaw, Carrazzo, Birchal, Grimes - so who should I bring in this week?

I am afraid WCE will be too buddy conscious and Hawks are too good, so Hurn and Waters might not score freely.
I am scared Fremantle might tank for the home final, so that rules out Duffield and Johnson.
Geelong are playing stingy Sydney, so will Enright's score suffer?

This leaves me with who? Bachar Houli?

Who are you trading out though? I'd keep that back 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back