Graham Cornes says Port are mentally fragile

Remove this Banner Ad

News article in The Advertiser.
View attachment 1981186
Port haven't won a big game since the 2021 qualifying final.
Their capitulation in the 2021 preliminary final was swept under the rug and labelled an aberration, and it's not a coincidence that Port have crumbled in every big game they've played since then.

I don't often agree with Graham Cornes but he makes a good point about Port's mental fragility.
Do you agree with Cornes?
Lol Port's management put Hinkley over Port's success. Hinkley learned so much from his used car salesman days.

Given he's been there for about 3 list turnovers I'd argue it's very much his fault.

Craig Macrae won a premiership with dregs such as Billy Frampton playing a role, if Bottom 10 Ken can't get the 100s of players that have played for him up to AFL standard then that's on him and the coaching team.
"Bottom 10 Ken". Nice. I'm gonna use that.

Someone said on here once something along the lines of "...and he looks like he stinks of ciggies."

Haha. Still one of the bes lines I've read on BigFooty.

We were always going to run over them at HT regardless.

If Port wasn't mentally fragile we would have had the 3 peat 02-04. We would have won the flag in 2020 aswell. Wouldn't have the 07 debacle.

Football seems to not be a priority for Hinkley since we lost Walsh. We should have seen that earlier and acted accordingly.

If Football wasnt a Priority for Hinkley, he wouldnt of coached Port for 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual our Port haters fixate on Hinkley and ignore that the club has this reputation well before his time.
Do you have even a skerrick of evidence of this, or is it based on Malthouse trying to win a final in 2003?

1715404280662.png

Yeh mentally fragile when dominating the SANFL.
Yeh mentally fragile when beating Geelong in only our 3rd AFL game ever.
Piss off Nigel.

The only reason this club is a basket case now is because the SANFL sold control of the board to the AFL and they have ground the Port out of the club ever since.

But don't worry, we will get our club back and make you look like the handbaggers you always were.

Last edited:
Do you have even a skerrick of evidence of this, or is it based on Malthouse trying to win a final in 2003?

View attachment 1985861

Yeh mentally fragile when dominating the SANFL.
Yeh mentally fragile when beating Geelong in only our 3rd AFL game ever.
Piss off Nigel.

The only reason this club is a basket case now is because the SANFL sold control of the board to the AFL and they have ground the Port out of the club ever since.

But don't worry, we will get our club back and make you look like the handbaggers you always were.

OK great. Come back and post when that happens.

Nice of Cornes to fire up Port for last night's game.

Ken should put him on the payroll... or was he just doing a favour for Chad. ;)
Port Adelaides Hatred of Ken Hinkley is a bit over the top.

Hinkley isnt a war criminal like Vladmir Putin or Saddam Hussein.

He is more of an attacking coach unlike Ross Lyon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back