Goodbye My Friend

Remove this Banner Ad

The Scales

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
The Moral High Ground
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Guys i am the partner of the Scales and I am not really sure how this site works but I will do my best. On Fri 28th Nov The Scales attempted to take his own life, after our daughter found him and administered CPR we were able to get him to hospital and he stayed in ICU for 5 days, on day 5 we lost him and the only joy that came out of this is that his organs were donated to many people. I wanted to let The Big Footy community know he loved this site almost as much as he loved EFC. The only other thing i want to say is if you feel down or depressed reach out there is always someone around to listen, men especially need to ask their mates if there ok because that simple question can save another family feeling the pain and anguish we are feeling. So on behalf of The Scales i say goodbye to you all. RIP my beautiful man.

If you're feeling depressed, anxious, like you cannot cope, a list of resources is posted in this thread:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...4636-lifeline-131114-resources-in-op.1120242/
- Chief

Hi Guys i am the partner of the Scales and I am not really sure how this site works but I will do my best. On Fri 28th Nov The Scales attempted to take his own life, after our daughter found him and administered CPR we were able to get him to hospital and he stayed in ICU for 5 days, on day 5 we lost him and the only joy that came out of this is that his organs were donated to many people. I wanted to let The Big Footy community know he loved this site almost as much as he loved EFC. The only other thing i want to say is if you feel down or depressed reach out there is always someone around to listen, men especially need to ask their mates if there ok because that simple question can save another family feeling the pain and anguish we are feeling. So on behalf of The Scales i say goodbye to you all. RIP my beautiful man

Good morning

I am so sorry to hear the passing of The Scales has occurred. Not only was he a Bombers supporter but a fellow BigFooty who despite hiding behind a key board like the rest of us was welcomed into the BigFooty Essendon community. Having lost my father to suicide when I was a young tacker I cannot fathom the pain you are experiencing but to stay strong and continue moving forward in a manner that he would want you to.

If there is anything us Bigfooty board members can do, please, feel free to ask and we will try and sort something out.

Take care and keep smiling, he is looking over you and the rest of us now from a better place

RIP The Scales

Yoda_

very sorry to hear, rest easy up there,

RIP

We should never underestimate how important a vehicle like BF can be, i know if im ever feeling alone or the wolves are ever scratching at the door its comforting to know theres always action going on in here, always a buzz of people talking, arguing, laughing - keeps you company sometimes.

Speechless at this.

The Scales was an important and valued contributor to the Essendon board, but that's not a fraction of a drop in the ocean to the importance he would have played in the life of his family. To read this is just so horribly sad- a tragedy for him, and a tragedy for his partner and for his children.

My mother has suffered depression for almost fifty years and, though she has never made an attempt on her own life, it's something I feared happening occasionally as a kid. So as Yoda_ said, I cannot even fathom what it must be like to have to deal with this now.

To you- his partner and his children- I am so sorry for your loss. Words are horribly inadequate at this time, but try and remember him for the good times you shared with him.

Let this be a reminder of what a cruel and insidious thing depression is. If you're a sufferer, there will always be someone willing to talk- reach out to them. And if you suspect someone you know is a sufferer, don't ignore it- reach out to them.

I also unreservedly support what Yoda_ said- if there is anything BigFooty can do, please let us know.

The Scales, rest in peace, mate.

Doss

I am so very saddened to hear of your loss.

I can only thank you for your strength and consideration in coming on here and posting this. This being an incredibly tough time for you and your family, yet you have taken the time and consideration to come on here to inform us, for which we are greatly appreciative.

The Scales sounded like a great man, husband and father. He will be missed on this forum, as I’m sure he will be missed by everyone he has encountered.

And as you say, men have to reach out to each other. We should never by shy or embarrassed to ask our friends how they are really feeling and let them know that we are there for them. Empathy, caring or seeking help when required should never be considered weaknesses. They are strengths.

My thoughts are with you and your family in these difficult times.

R.I.P. The Scales

First of all thank you for thinking of us and letting us know at this time.

I'm so very sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you, his family and yours.

Depression is such an all encompassing illness that effects so many. It's also by and large a silent illness as more often than not there are no outward signs.

As I sit here crying whilst reading this I realise that despite this being an Internet forum whereby we all sit behind our keyboards to converse we are a community and our community is poorer for the loss of The Scales

RIP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys i am the partner of the Scales and I am not really sure how this site works but I will do my best. On Fri 28th Nov The Scales attempted to take his own life, after our daughter found him and administered CPR we were able to get him to hospital and he stayed in ICU for 5 days, on day 5 we lost him and the only joy that came out of this is that his organs were donated to many people. I wanted to let The Big Footy community know he loved this site almost as much as he loved EFC. The only other thing i want to say is if you feel down or depressed reach out there is always someone around to listen, men especially need to ask their mates if there ok because that simple question can save another family feeling the pain and anguish we are feeling. So on behalf of The Scales i say goodbye to you all. RIP my beautiful man
I just want to add, in the BigFooty context, I can't even begin to imagine how tough it must be to have to come on here and write this.

This was his playground, not yours, so having the presence of mind to come here and inform his little online community is a beautiful gesture indeed. If I were in your shoes I find it hard to imagine having the strength and composure to do likewise.

Thank you.

Ohh, I'm very sorry to hear this news... Had a few PM chats with The Scales over time here and we would have a bit of fun liking each others HTB posts...

Depression is such a sneaky demon and the way it sneaks up past a threshold is very concerning... You will be on my mind today Mr "The Scales” and many more to come...

RIP Budd...

Deej... 152153.jpg

I am so very sorry to hear this news, he was someone I would always look for to read his thoughts and opinions.

I grew up and have lived my whole life with a mother who has borderline personality disorder and has attempted to take her life several times, at times right in front of me as a kid or when older, or calling me to say goodbye before overdosing. If not for my or others' intervention she would have been successful several times.

I'm sharing this with you because I believe it took a number of years for me to understand (fully to a subconscious level) that it did not have anything to do with me in any way. I hope you understand that, it's important. People who suffer depression or other emotional disorders are often not capable of understanding the impact on others when they are suffering.

Please feel free to contact us or post here whenever you like. May your man rest in peace. While the impact to us here cannot in anyway compare to the loss you and your family must feel, I want you to know he will be missed.

I didn't know scales that well, mainly from posts on your asada thread and the HTB. Genuinely gutted though with this tragic news.

Like most here, this issue is one my family has had to deal with, so sadly I know many of the emotions and pain his family are feeling right now. To them, I know it's no conciliation, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Farewell scales, and I hope you have found peace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back