News Goodbye “medium term”

Remove this Banner Ad

You are great for a person's self-esteem
In the end, no matter how many posters here aren't a fan of my opinions, I take the view that almost everyone here is a true supporter of the club. As such, I genuinely try to play the ball and not the man wherever I can.

None of us gets this right all the time. But believing that people can disagree agreeably is something I truly endorse in every situation. In order to do that well, you really have to take the view that others here are mostly earnest seekers rather than arrogant sods.

In the end, no matter how many posters here aren't a fan of my opinions, I take the view that almost everyone here is a true supporter of the club. As such, I genuinely try to play the ball and not the man wherever I can.

None of us gets this right all the time. But believing that people can disagree agreeably is something I truly endorse in every situation. In order to do that well, you really have to take the view that others here are mostly earnest seekers rather than arrogant sods.

Unfortunately, playing the man becomes easier than playing the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt the system will be corrupted.

It's a step forward from the garbage the GFC was trotting out, but will probably need refining.

Sorry, but why single out Geelong when every club took the piss with the injury reports in their own way

I'm pretty sure most understand a just key reason behind the AFL making changes to the injury reporting will be $$$, with the getting companies & fantasy sporting comps likely making the biggest push for change even if it's not going to reported that way - but why pretend 17 clubs have been reporting in the manner the AFL is now asking & Geelong was the outlier

The reality is that it's been 18 teams all pushing the boundaries when it comes to their injury reports, including other clubs doing the exact same thing as Geelong with the reporting style of short, medium or long term

Sorry, but why single out Geelong when every club took the piss with the injury reports in their own way

I'm pretty sure most understand a just key reason behind the AFL making changes to the injury reporting will be $$$, with the getting companies & fantasy sporting comps likely making the biggest push for change even if it's not going to reported that way - but why pretend 17 clubs have been reporting in the manner the AFL is now asking & Geelong was the outlier

The reality is that it's been 18 teams all pushing the boundaries when it comes to their injury reports, including other clubs doing the exact same thing as Geelong with the reporting style of short, medium or long term

Because Geelong led the way.

Universally acknowledged.

I've just accepted when other posters have said every other team was just as bad but I just looked through the injury lists provided during the year and this just isn't true.

Sure Richmond in particular provided some wide timeframes but the majority of teams are actually very specific. Geelong's is clearly the most vague.

I still don't understand why other posters are set on arguing that this isn't the case and I've questioned myself whether I'm actually insane but after checking the lists again I'm even more confident in my thinking.

I've just accepted when other posters have said every other team was just as bad but I just looked through the injury lists provided during the year and this just isn't true.

Sure Richmond in particular provided some wide timeframes but the majority of teams are actually very specific. Geelong's is clearly the most vague.

I still don't understand why other posters are set on arguing that this isn't the case and I've questioned myself whether I'm actually insane but after checking the lists again I'm even more confident in my thinking.

Some just don't like to question the club ever. On anything. And as the discussions here have shown, they don't like those who do.

I looked through them to and other clubs were just as vague

• Carlton, particularly late in the season stopped doing weekly injury reports, so not only no updates from the previous week but no mention of any new injuries from the weekend
  • GWS frequently had half their injury list as TBC or Test, and with time frames more for those suspended
  • Richmond with Lynch was great, 7 - 12 weeks in round 6, and still the same in rounds 12 & 17. Wondering if that was about trying to not have fans give up on the season & trying to keep people coming through the doors
  • St Kilda using 'Post-Bye', is that immediately after the bye or 5 weeks after the bye...seems more vague then short or medium term

Then there's Test, TBC & Indefinite which were the most common terms used on the weekly injury reports across all 18 teams; I'd say all 3 teams offer a suitable level of vagueness, and wondering if that's what we'll see as the most common time frame again next season

• Carlton, particularly late in the season stopped doing weekly injury reports, so not only no updates from the previous week but no mention of any new injuries from the weekend
  • GWS frequently had half their injury list as TBC or Test, and with time frames more for those suspended
  • Richmond with Lynch was great, 7 - 12 weeks in round 6, and still the same in rounds 12 & 17. Wondering if that was about trying to not have fans give up on the season & trying to keep people coming through the doors
  • St Kilda using 'Post-Bye', is that immediately after the bye or 5 weeks after the bye...seems more vague then short or medium term

Then there's Test, TBC & Indefinite which were the most common terms used on the weekly injury reports across all 18 teams; I'd say all 3 teams offer a suitable level of vagueness, and wondering if that's what we'll see as the most common time frame again next season
I feel like I want to sit down next to a computer with you and go through it week by week but we just obviously view it with a very different lens and that's okay.

There are definitely examples where other teams aren't particularly clear but there are also example where they are clearer. Carlton who you've referenced for example - Oli Holland's was injured with a collarbone and it's estimated 7 week injury, each week it progressively improved and then he was back playing.

We have no examples of that, it's just medium term and we don't know if that means the rest of the year or not but for a lot it was. Jyhe Clark was just medium term, it never progresses, it never become short term it just stayed medium term, is he still medium term?

Probably because we support Geelong and that’s what we care about.

Some just don't like to question the club ever. On anything. And as the discussions here have shown, they don't like those who do.
question away... might even join the rant sometime.
but on this one I dont care enough to carry a pitchfork.... - but have at it.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back