News Gone: Daniel Talia

Daniel Talia next year?

• Takes a year off, he’s a champ, he can do what he likes!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Is drafted / signs to another team

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Goes undrafted / not signed to another team

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Signs as a coach somewhere next year

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"Adelaide would like to acknowledge the contribution and achievements of key defender Daniel Talia who has been told he will not be offered a new contract."

Very disappointing end to Talia's career at the Crows, not even being able to get on the field in his final year.

One of my all time favorite Crows, both in what he brought on the field, and his leadership.

Understand the decision from a list management perspective (better not retain Kelly then you ****s) but a bit sad nonetheless

"Adelaide would like to acknowledge the contribution and achievements of key defender Daniel Talia who has been told he will not be offered a new contract."

Well its officially happening!

Champion of the club, and will always be remembered that way! Hope you win a flag in your remaining years Tal's

We sort of knew this was on the cards but even so, it is sad news as he truly was on of the clubs very best defenders ever and I think still had / has more to give. I understand that we are moving forward and have younger players for those roles but we will miss his experience and leadership no doubt.

I hope he gets an offer at another club that is contending as he will be a great get assuming his injury setback can be put behind him. ll the best Daniel and thanks for all the great memories

This one hits weird.

Congrats on a great career with us Tals, you were the most reliable player on the list for basically your entire tenure at the club.

Sad to see how his final year at the club turned out, not being able to get up for a farewell game is incredibly disappointing.

I wonder in announcing the end for Lynch and Talia in this way that we are not expecting any free agent offers.

I would have thought Talia might have some value on the free agent market (even if it's a late second or third round pick).

But these announcements make it sound like we're just delisting them and they'll be DFAs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Daniel Talia, not many more reliable defenders have pulled the boots on than you in the game. Rarely beaten in a 1-on-1 contest, and a great role model for the youngsters.

A real favourite of mine due to his reliability down back.

All the best and hope you can get some more games at a contending team should your body allow you too. (Bulldogs maybe???

A very sad and disappointing end for Daniel Talia. Class act. All the very best.

One the greatest people that has ever been at the club & should’ve captained it.

Seems as though if you’ve been on the injury list and 30 or approaching 30 it makes their decision more easier, it wold just seem so wrong if Talia isn’t kept around for leadership purposes but Mackay might be just because of his injury history this year.

One the greatest people that has ever been at the club & should’ve captained it.

Seems as though if you’ve been on the injury list and 30 or approaching 30 it makes their decision more easier, it wold just seem so wrong if Talia isn’t kept around for leadership purposes but Mackay might be just because of his injury history this year.

We cannot delist Lynch and Talia but then keep Mackay. That would be ****ing insane

I wonder in announcing the end for Lynch and Talia in this way that we are not expecting any free agent offers.

I would have thought Talia might have some value on the free agent market (even if it's a late second or third round pick).

But these announcements make it sound like we're just delisting them and they'll be DFAs

I don't think any 30 year old FA has registered any compo?

Back