Golf Golf Trips

Remove this Banner Ad

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trying to organise a boys' trip to Barnbougle next year, to play the Dunes and Lost Farm.

Anyone got any tips for organising it? The logistics look a bit messy. Probably be about 4-8 of us. Presume the best thing to do is fly to Launceston, bus to the resort?

Trying to organise a boys' trip to Barnbougle next year, to play the Dunes and Lost Farm.

Anyone got any tips for organising it? The logistics look a bit messy. Probably be about 4-8 of us. Presume the best thing to do is fly to Launceston, bus to the resort?
Yep, best way to do it. It's actually very easy to get there

Try and stay at lost farm as well so you have easy access to the sports bar rather than relying on shuttles from the dunes

I go down once or twice a year however I made the mistake a couple of years ago of bringing down a few extra mates who were a couple times a year golfers who proceeded to lose about 2 dozen balls each over 18 at the dunes and have no fun to the point where they didn't join the rest of us at lost farm the following day. Just a word of caution as these are not beginner friendly courses

Last edited:

Do it with a group of mates each year and time it to coincide with the Hawthorn v Brisbane match in Launceston, as per funk44 comments stay on the course, good facilities and nice bar.

But definitely not a course for a weekend hacker unless they are willing to lose a heap of balls, admitedly you'll probably find as many as you lose but they are generally of poor quality. We have a side bet on who can find the most number of crap balls during their round, provides a few laughs afterwards when we rank them over a few drinks and have to independent opinions to resolve the eventual arguement.

Currently planning a trip to the US. Will look to head over around 21/22 December until hopefully 19 Jan or so. Would look to fly into Miami and then drive across to Pheonix or Las Vegas.

Probably head through the following states - Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Lousiana/Arkansas, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.

At this stage I have the following courses on my list:
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • Wolf Creek
  • TPC Scottsdale
  • Troon North
  • Streamsong
Would love any suggestions. Doesn't need to be top rated and expensive courses.

Other courses -

Arizona: Wickenburg Ranch
Alabama: Kiva Dunes, RTJ Golf Trail at Capitol Hill and Grand National
Mississipi: Dancing Rabbit (Oaks), the Preserve and the Bridges GC
Louisiana: The Bluffs, Koasati GC, TPC Lousiana, Gray Plantation GC, Contraband Bayou GC
New Mexico: Twin Warriors GC, Black Mesa, Pinon HIlls, Cochiti and Red Hawk

If you can afford it and don't mind light planes I'd fly direct to Barnbougle (Vortex Air/Air Adventures etc). It cuts out so much hassle. You land next to the 2nd fairway at Barnbougle and you're ready to go.

We got back from our annual trip yesterday to King Island. Played at 8am at Ocean Dunes and was on the couch at home in Melbourne by 4.30pm!

Currently planning a trip to the US. Will look to head over around 21/22 December until hopefully 19 Jan or so. Would look to fly into Miami and then drive across to Pheonix or Las Vegas.
Slightly risky time to go on a golf holiday over there? Recently a lot of Texas has been under snow. Nevada might also be a question mark.

Great trip though. I did the road trip from Austin, TX to New Orleans and then to Savannah, GA in 2012 and loved that part of the States.

Streamsong would be my must do on that list. Try to get to Austin as it's such a great town and Barton Creek well worth playing there. A few of my mates spent a few days at Reynolds Plantation courses in Georgia en route to Augusta a few years back and enjoyed the golf very much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back