Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for info. Did other people have the same view like you? I assume more supporters attended. Are you saying that 2 logos were worse than current one? That seems impossible, haha.
Not just worse. Waaaaaay worse, haha.

There were about 8 in my session at 7:30pm. They had been conducting them all afternoon, and players and staff over the last couple of days.

In my session we all seemed to have the same opinion that design 2 was good and 1 and 3 were terrible.
Half thought it was great, half thought it was best out of the bunch but still needed some work.

Sounds like they will be running with this logo with some tweaks from the feedback. I just have no idea which (if any) of the guernseys it will end up on and that will make or break the design in my opinion.

They did concede that they would be going with some type of gradient and all signs pointed to yellow being the away/clash.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is all I care about, cant wait to see the end of that ridiculous BLUE clash guernsey that looks like 18 packets of original smiths chips running around cluelessly

This is all I care about, cant wait to see the end of that ridiculous BLUE clash guernsey that looks like 18 packets of original smiths chips running around cluelessly

Or as Rohan Connolly said, it looks like a packet of dishwashing powder.

I do like the gradients red, orange, yellow, it works well for the sun look. The backs of previous training jumpers with a gradient looked great.

I always find it amazing how terrible some of the designs these so called professionals come up with are. You shouldn't be asking players either, they wouldn't have a clue, look what the reiwoldt cousins did to the Tasmanian designs as an example.

Also interested to hear what logo 2 actually looked like from lommy.

Is the logo similar to the current one (having a G/C in an oval) or something completely different?

I wasn’t gonna say, but heck it. They didn’t actually say not to while we were there, just no photos.

I’ll explain as best I can.

It’s like the oval shape we have now but it is just an S, the top half of the S is a solid yellow the bottom half has lines getting thinner towards the bottom to look like a rising sun.

I kinda thought it looked like if the old rugby league Superleague and Oakley logos had a baby.

I wasn’t gonna say, but * it. They didn’t actually say not to while we were there, just no photos.

I’ll explain as best I can.

It’s like the oval shape we have now but it is just an S, the top half of the S is a solid yellow the bottom half has lines getting thinner towards the bottom to look like a rising sun.

I kinda thought it looked like if the old rugby league Superleague and Oakley logos had a baby.

Seems like trying to copy the branding of GWS then? Ie the G.
Could work.

Seems like trying to copy the branding of GWS then? Ie the G.
Could work.

Its much less obvious than the GWS “G”

Feels like it, could be an S, could be a football, could be a rising sun.

I dunno why the logo needs to be planted in the middle of the jumper anyway, particularly if the logo isn't great. The majority of clubs just have a nice patterned design.

You could effectively keep the current logo, I think it looks fine as is, but it just looks terrible on the jumper because it looks weak. In other words, just creating a new jumper should be of the highest importance, they'll likely stuff it up though by trying to do both at once, by bringing in so called 'designers' and by not looking at the plethora of great options on the forums here.

I dunno why the logo needs to be planted in the middle of the jumper anyway, particularly if the logo isn't great. The majority of clubs just have a nice patterned design.

You could effectively keep the current logo, I think it looks fine as is, but it just looks terrible on the jumper because it looks weak. In other words, just creating a new jumper should be of the highest importance, they'll likely stuff it up though by trying to do both at once, by bringing in so called 'designers' and by not looking at the plethora of great options on the forums here.

I didn’t get the feeling that the actual guernsey was important to them. I pleaded the case strongly

I didn’t get the feeling that the actual guernsey was important to them. I pleaded the case strongly

should we all email the club stating that its not just the logo that needs a refresh/rebrand, its the underlying jumper that is more important to the fans?

should we all email the club stating that its not just the logo that needs a refresh/rebrand, its the underlying jumper that is more important to the fans?

The jumper is definitely getting a refresh, they just didn’t seem to be asking specific opinions about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to say, maybe I was alone in this, but the logo itself isn’t the issue. It’s that it is the centre point of a completely uninspiring guernsey design. Change the guernsey design to something not completely dull and whack the current logo on the chest somewhere and we’re sweet. I thought that was pretty universally accepted?

A little bit concerning if the focus isn’t completely on the jumper design after 13 years of feedback.

I was going to say, maybe I was alone in this, but the logo itself isn’t the issue. It’s that it is the centre point of a completely uninspiring guernsey design. Change the guernsey design to something not completely dull and whack the current logo on the chest somewhere and we’re sweet. I thought that was pretty universally accepted?

A little bit concerning if the focus isn’t completely on the jumper design after 13 years of feedback.
It’s a logo😂 At least for me.

Given you want players to play for the jumper, I would think it should be very important to everyone involved.

lommy Was there any talks of changing the song?

fight fight fight til we hold up the cup
run run run all the wayyyyy
hey!

Who actually wants to get around to sing that trash? I'd rather we just nodded job well done to each other in silence
1715203835583.png

Granted: But the new theme is written by Birds of Tokyo...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back