Fishing Gold Coast Marlin / Shelf fishing.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be on the Gold Coast over Easter this year 22nd April to the 28th and i am looking to go out for a full day to the shelf chasing some big game fish!! I have sent a few Emails to various charter operators and this one here looks the best....

http://www.outtherecharters.com.au/index.htm

They offer 12hrs fishing out deep with all the usual stuff you would expect and free beer!! :D

Has anyone here been out with them?? Or any other Charters people recommend that go out off the Gold Coast. I am not interested in reef fishing i want the big ones. I usually go to Eden twice a year chasing kingies but wont make it up there till Xmas again so this trip to visit family on the Gold Coast is a great opportunity to get out in some serious water for big fish. :thumbsu:

Any feedback appreciated from the Queensland members and/or opinions on the Gold Coast fishing around April.

Cheers Chism.

Not too sure about the GC mate but that link looks pretty good!

Just got back from Burmagui myself from a Game Fishing trip. :)

First day we were trawling all day about to pack our stuff and head off home for the day then bang a 200+ pound Marlin takes our live bait and runs. Probably the biggest adrenalin rush I've ever had! It jumped 3 times and we probably had it for about 15-20 before it came off. We were all pretty upset but just rapt with what just happened.

We had no luck the other days but ended up catching a nice 22.5KG Yellowfin Tuna which were a treat to eat. :D

Not too sure about the GC mate but that link looks pretty good!

Just got back from Burmagui myself from a Game Fishing trip. :)

First day we were trawling all day about to pack our stuff and head off home for the day then bang a 200+ pound Marlin takes our live bait and runs. Probably the biggest adrenalin rush I've ever had! It jumped 3 times and we probably had it for about 15-20 before it came off. We were all pretty upset but just rapt with what just happened.

We had no luck the other days but ended up catching a nice 22.5KG Yellowfin Tuna which were a treat to eat. :D

Yeah Bermagui is great but gee it gets hectic there!! I would of been shattered if that was my marlin and it got off! But like you said the rush is awesome. I love Yellowfin and they are great fighters even the 15kg buggers give you a hell of a fight!!

Still love Albacore though as my favourite eating fish. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back