Go Bombers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

myty

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alot of you guys on here would appreciate how hard that title would be to write. Well image the shock I got last night when I arrived home to find a brand new Jnr Bomber membership pack sitting on my kitchen table.

One of my sons has been involved in a multicultural program run by Essendon at his local primary school. This involved term of training sessions, a round robin game day against other schools, watching some Essendon propaganda videos and give aways (and an Essendon Membership).

What makes this all the so more harder to take is that we live 5 minutes walk from Arden St.

I know some of the primary schools in the Essendon area, if not all, get free memberships for all the kids. Now primary schools involved with this multicultural program are also getting free memberships ..... well that's alot of free memberships.

I know this is an area that the club wants to work on but not sure how advanced they are with their plans. Wouldn't hurt to drop an email to the club and let them know what these interlopers are doing in the area.:mad:

Yes, send it to the club. That way they know what's going on, and it's out of your house. Ugh. You can't give it a smidgin of a chance of taking hold. I'd consider withdrawing my child if that happened at his school.

Dont think anyone could force your Child to follow a team he or she has no interest in. I reckon that every kid should be asked which team they follow before any of this crap gets thrown at them & if the dont answer Essendon or no one they shouldn't be subjected to all that Essendon harassment.

I think it's a good marketing ploy (and not because I follow Essendon).

If you give away a free Junior membership, whenever the kid goes to the footy, they will usually take along their Mum or Da, or an Uncle, etc...

Thus you are getting their entry fee money, plus they might buy merchandise, etc....

Giving away something in one area, to get it back in others.

Plus it's long term thinking. A key reason why Essendon has 40,000 members is the pitch at Junior Members back in the early 90s, which in turn sees them in their late 20s, early 30s now and willing to part with their $$$ to become adult members.

That's a reason I believe North's Membership is going up. The kids who watched North Melbourne with their great run thru the mid-late 90s are now in that Mid 20s to Early 30s brackets - and willing to become adult members and part with their hard earned.

Peter.

Alot of you guys on here would appreciate how hard that title would be to write. Well image the shock I got last night when I arrived home to find a brand new Jnr Bomber membership pack sitting on my kitchen table.

One of my sons has been involved in a multicultural program run by Essendon at his local primary school. This involved term of training sessions, a round robin game day against other schools, watching some Essendon propaganda videos and give aways (and an Essendon Membership).

What makes this all the so more harder to take is that we live 5 minutes walk from Arden St.

I know some of the primary schools in the Essendon area, if not all, get free memberships for all the kids. Now primary schools involved with this multicultural program are also getting free memberships ..... well that's alot of free memberships.
Your kid should be punished for bringing crap like that into your house , no TV or Playstation for 3 months .

Dont think anyone could force your Child to follow a team he or she has no interest in. I reckon that every kid should be asked which team they follow before any of this crap gets thrown at them & if the dont answer Essendon or no one they shouldn't be subjected to all that Essendon harassment.

If a school wants to provide my child with religious studies or sex education, they have to ask my permission. Surely something as vulgar as Essendon propaganda should likewise command parental approval before it is disseminated.

If a school wants to provide my child with religious studies or sex education, they have to ask my permission. Surely something as vulgar as Essendon propaganda should likewise command parental approval before it is disseminated.

You would think so.

But i also remember the days when i was in Primary School & I'm in the Casey area so we had Hawthorn propaganda thrown at us all the time. Dermie actually came once & was teaching us how to kick & handball. So its been happening for a very long time now.

I'm just amazed there hasn't been any change to how all this is done.

1) Remove family and pets to a safe location (I'd suggest at least 5 kilometres from contaminated area)

2) Purchase shoulder length neoprene gloves, a sturdy padlock, 24 inch metal tongs and a lead lined hazmat receptacle.

3) Put on gloves and utilise tongs to place biohazard into lead lined receptacle.

4) Close and padlock lead lined receptacle.

5) Leave all doors and windows open to air out house.

6) Call these people:

dawsonsPC_BugTruck(7).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely this is exactly the type of promotional work we want NM to do !

However I am repulsed by the thought that the filth may go to my kids school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back