GMHBA Stadium (Kardinia Park, Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

even if there QF and or say SF vs interstate sides? like when we lost to Freo that one year? ,so theres no finals at simmonds going forward?
Not in the current setup. The final against Freo was played there because all four finals that week were in Victoria so they couldn't have it at the MCG (which is preferred). The reason for not having it at Docklands I cannot quite remember, may have been political.

In recent times we have played many home finals against interstate teams at the MCG - Freo, Sydney, West Coast, Brisbane, Port Adelaide

Ah fair enough, would have been cool though, but i get having 40k max vs 100k max argument, but really cant complain when we should be getting 11-12 homes games there where its pretty much 8-9 wins almost in the bag

No the finals will be in Melbourne, 20K vs 40K has never been the issue, they want maximum capacity so MCG it is.

There may be exceptions but that is what they will be, exceptions.
It would be nice if their was an unwritten rule that we host finals against GWS, GC, Freo, Tas? At KP.

Ticketmaster; "How many seating categories do you want?"

Geelong; "Yes."
img_3390-jpeg.1909179

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this over on the Cats thread

Whinging about government allocations of money is useless but * me four millon bucks? what's the issue? this thing is borderline more modern than Marvel and wouldn't host a third of the amount of games.

Then again you get country grounds with four million donated to them and it goes on some new goal posts and some toilets.

Not sure what my point is but a bit hard to cop when most people are lucky to jag 80 grand a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back